MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EURO Brute (MiniBrute Expander module)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author EURO Brute (MiniBrute Expander module)
nostalghia
Just spotted this new (3/29) entry on Modular Grid. Anyone have any info-features, manufacturer, ETA, $ ?
Compatible with MicroBrute? (since the description "MiniBrute Expander" was used)

Euro Brute


Mitaric
Interesting. I'm curious as well.
ym2612
Just looks like a set of mults and attenuators. Which is useful, because there's no attenuation on any of the Brute's CV inputs. Maybe amplification for the Brute's audio out too?
nostalghia
Would be especially interested if it can adjust (increase) the gate out signal from my MicroBrute so it will trigger those modules that need higher voltage-could then use my CVP for other things when patching in the Micro.
mhtones
Looks handy!
ben_hex
Certainly looks useful
TheEngineer
Looks neat....a little confused about the Audio inputs though? Micro/Mini brute only a single mono out
jc3music
Seeing a Micro/Mini Brute fully converted to Euro would be cool!
Bendu
Interesting! Who is ka010?
Blootaka
Looks like he has a webpage. No info on that module yet though..

http://ka010.com/
ben_hex
TheEngineer wrote:
Looks neat....a little confused about the Audio inputs though? Micro/Mini brute only a single mono out


I thought they were multiples. So you can plug into that to go to (or from) the mini/microbrute then also go out elsewhere without stackables or a mult.
de_raaf
the gate problem on my microbrute, has something to do with impedance some more knowledgeable people told me, this issue can be solved with using a buffert mult or any thing with a buffert output like an attnuverter (like on maths)than it can trigger every eg (without it seems only to trigger mostly eg with a sustain stage without a problem)
Sargon
Small development...

ka010
Hey guys,

sorry it took me so long to weigh in on this, I'm the one who made this.

First off it's great so see so many people interested in this module so to clarify things here's what it actually does.

1. it's a set of mults and attenuators
2. it covers all inputs/outputs of the MiniBrute (Audio and CV)
3. it adds attenuators for VCA and VCF input on the MiniBrute
4. it's completely passive

Obviously all of this works just as well with the MicroBrute but doesn't cover all of the available I/O.

I'll soon be making PCBs and possibly offer kits as well, if anyone's interested let me know!
ben_hex
ka010 wrote:
Hey guys,

sorry it took me so long to weigh in on this, I'm the one who made this.

First off it's great so see so many people interested in this module so to clarify things here's what it actually does.

1. it's a set of mults and attenuators
2. it covers all inputs/outputs of the MiniBrute (Audio and CV)
3. it adds attenuators for VCA and VCF input on the MiniBrute
4. it's completely passive

Obviously all of this works just as well with the MicroBrute but doesn't cover all of the available I/O.

I'll soon be making PCBs and possibly offer kits as well, if anyone's interested let me know!


Seems useful, all comes down to price really. With the microbrute say in front of the modular I can patch it all around very easily anyway. So it's got to be cheap to draw me in.
Umcorps
ben_hex wrote:


Seems useful, all comes down to price really. With the microbrute say in front of the modular I can patch it all around very easily anyway. So it's got to be cheap to draw me in.


Cheap enough for you?




I had some old spare multiples and loads of spare module boxes. hihi
ka010
ben_hex wrote:

Seems useful, all comes down to price really. With the microbrute say in front of the modular I can patch it all around very easily anyway. So it's got to be cheap to draw me in.


Yeah well, with the MiniBrute infront of the modular you won't get that much use out of it. That said, the reason for me to do this was exactly because mine is sitting next to the modular and patching stuff was a PITA.

Ever since that's not an issue anymore I'm getting a lot more out of my MiniBrute.

As for the $$$ part, it's pretty simple module and I'm not planning to get rich with this so it should be relatively cheap. The most expensive parts obviously are the pots,knobs and jacks which you could source yourself.
ben_hex
nicely done Umcorps

For the microbrute with the patch day you'd need a lot more though. Mults are really what I'd be after, more patch bay style one in and one out, attenuator between maybe.

I'm building a set of passive utilities into a 2U rack panel and 2U rack tray to sit under one of my cases so I could leave that wired up for convenience.

Having it in a module, all sorted next to other sources within the case could be cool though.
ka010
Umcorps wrote:
ben_hex wrote:


Seems useful, all comes down to price really. With the microbrute say in front of the modular I can patch it all around very easily anyway. So it's got to be cheap to draw me in.


Cheap enough for you?




I had some old spare multiples and loads of spare module boxes. hihi


Heh neat! Looks even more expensive though razz
ben_hex
ka010 wrote:

As for the $$$ part, it's pretty simple module and I'm not planning to get rich with this so it should be relatively cheap. The most expensive parts obviously are the pots,knobs and jacks which you could source yourself.


I'll be watching out for it coming and pricing etc. With the microbrute it's only half a solution with missing out the patch bay so that's the off putting thing for me. Obviously it's for the Minibrute though, but can offer the same functions to the microbrute. Any ideas for a panel for the microbrute's patch bay? Maybe a second module to sit by the side of this one?
ka010
ben_hex wrote:

I'll be watching out for it coming and pricing etc. With the microbrute it's only half a solution with missing out the patch bay so that's the off putting thing for me. Obviously it's for the Minibrute though, but can offer the same functions to the microbrute. Any ideas for a panel for the microbrute's patch bay? Maybe a second module to sit by the side of this one?


Well sure, a second module would be easy enough. I'm not sure how much you'd be getting out of it though since the Micro with it's patchbay sitting ontop already is pretty easy to patch?
ben_hex
ka010 wrote:

Well sure, a second module would be easy enough. I'm not sure how much you'd be getting out of it though since the Micro with it's patchbay sitting ontop already is pretty easy to patch?


So is the rest of the unit for me. Not struggling to get round of the back of mine, although I imagine some may be depending on how it's position within a set up.

Having a little patch bay for the microbrute next to modulators in the case is appealing. But as you said, easy to get to with longer cables anyway.

I'm just thinking out loud as usual.
reodjectz
de_raaf wrote:
the gate problem on my microbrute, has something to do with impedance some more knowledgeable people told me, this issue can be solved with using a buffert mult or any thing with a buffert output like an attnuverter (like on maths)than it can trigger every eg (without it seems only to trigger mostly eg with a sustain stage without a problem)


Yes, it is an impedance issue. I upped the voltage with a CA invy and the same modules that it couldn't trigger before it still couldn't trigger. I have heard others say they had success with a Buffered multi, but as I don't have one ATM I cannot confirm.
nostalghia
Taking microbrute gate out thru Intellijel buff mult before triggering WMD MME or Intellijel dual ADSR works, where microbrute direct into those EGs did not.

So, I would not be interested in this module unless it also corrects the gate signal issue-assuming it doesn't since he stated it's all passive. I already have a Triatt & a CVP, and use stackables and the buff mult. Was hoping this would be a complete solution that had everything needed for MicroB interfacing in one place.

Does the MiniBrute not have the same gate problem as the Micro? Compatible with wide range of envelopes, etc?
ka010
ben_hex wrote:
ka010 wrote:

Well sure, a second module would be easy enough. I'm not sure how much you'd be getting out of it though since the Micro with it's patchbay sitting ontop already is pretty easy to patch?


So is the rest of the unit for me. Not struggling to get round of the back of mine, although I imagine some may be depending on how it's position within a set up.

Having a little patch bay for the microbrute next to modulators in the case is appealing. But as you said, easy to get to with longer cables anyway.

I'm just thinking out loud as usual.


Makes sense, I'll think about it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group