MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

And so it begins....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author And so it begins....
russma

My first 5U rig. This weekend I built the DotCom DIY case and loaded it up with the few used MOTM modules I've been buying up for the past several weeks:

(1) 300 and 310 oscillators
(2) 800 envelopes
(1) 190 VCA
(1) 900 power supply
(1) JH Tau Phaser

Even with the few modules I have, I can tell that this is going to be a fantastic synth. Great sound.

No filter module yet. I'm using a Frostwave Resonater filter box for now, but I have in mind a MOTM-440 and, hopefully an STG Mankato. Haven't ordered them yet. Need to sell some other stuff first.

Todd Fletcher is making me a JH FS1a module, to which I am really looking forward.

That's the good news. The bad news is you'll be suffering from my inane nube questions from here on out.

seriously, i just don't get it
Malekko
The MOTM-440 is a super fantastic filter...so is the 480!

love
russma
...agreed.

I'm going to get the 830 mixer first, then either the 440 or the Mankato.
decaying.sine
You should snag a 440 in Synth Tech's upcoming Dec 28th kit sale. That'll save you about $75 according to Paul.

I've got a STG 5U Mankato in the mail sometime soon. Can't wait.

That's a great set of modules and a nice looking case. Is that a MOTM-900 power supply? I got a 950, and a couple power-ones I am working on.

Have fun!
theinnerpalm
pretty sexy! applause

congrats!

my first modules should be here sometime this week Rage! want now!!
russma
decaying.sine wrote:
You should snag a 440 in Synth Tech's upcoming Dec 28th kit sale. That'll save you about $75 according to Paul.

That's a great set of modules and a nice looking case. Is that a MOTM-900 power supply? I got a 950, and a couple power-ones I am working on.

Have fun!

Thanks. I'm not feeling the kit-building urge right now. A few years ago, I built two rows of Blacet modules, and it was really fun, but I just don't have the urge right now. Of course, as everyone on this forum knows, desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures...

Glad to hear you're getting a 5U Mankato. Last I heard from Suit, he wasn't planning to produce any more in MOTM style.

And yes, it's a used 900 power supply I bought from a guy in New York.
russma
theinnerpalm wrote:
pretty sexy! applause

congrats!

my first modules should be here sometime this week Rage! want now!!

Thanks theinnerpalm. What modules are you getting?
JohnLRice
That's awesome, congrats! It's looking really nice. 8_) applause You should change your name to GeniusMan now! thumbs up lol

Feel free to ask questions anytime!
decaying.sine
idiotboy wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:

Have fun!

Thanks. I'm not feeling the kit-building urge right now. A few years ago, I built two rows of Blacet modules, and it was really fun, but I just don't have the urge right now. Of course, as everyone on this forum knows, desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures...

Glad to hear you're getting a 5U Mankato. Last I heard from Suit, he wasn't planning to produce any more in MOTM style.

And yes, it's a used 900 power supply I bought from a guy in New York.

I've got the builds stacking up now and I would rather just buy most things. I've got the Oakley Supperladder Diode and Transistor filters. They are lovely.

The Mankato I ordered from analog haven was being shipped directly from STG, so I figured something was up with their production of them. Glad I bought it when I did.

Can't wait for the sounds!
russma
JohnLRice wrote:
That's awesome, congrats! It's looking really nice. 8_) applause You should change your name to GeniusMan now! thumbs up lol

Feel free to ask questions anytime!

Thanks John! I had been thinking about putting together a 5U rig for a while, but seeing your rig at the PNW synth meeting this year really was the tipping point.

(John has the misfortune of living not terribly far from me, so he can expect me at breakfast tomorrow, asking questions. And searching for pancakes...)

GeniusMan? Hmmm, come to think of it, I do feel smarter. Note to paults: launch new "MOTM makes you smarter" campaign.

Mr. Green
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1