MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reverb
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Reverb
Ginko
Can anyone recommend a good reverb vst or au for me to try out, I have a couple of freebies and Reaktor and don't like anything that I have. I would really like a relatively in depth convolution/impulse response effect that I can tweak. I am a advanced Max/MSP user so if there are any patches out there that can be grabbed, that would but good - though I would prefer to work in Reaper.

Free or cheap as well hihi - but no piracy please thumbs up
mha
Try the ones from Valhalla DSP. They are relatively cheap, sound great and have plenty of parameters to tweak:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/
flts
second valhalla dsp, the only reverbs you'll ever need. my #1 recommendation is valhalla vintage verb or valhalla room depending on what kind of algorithms you're after, try them both out.
tuj
check out SiR; free convolution reverb.
warm_baguette
ambience is good and free. although i don't think the gui shows up in reaper confused
JosefK
convolution reverb pro in ableton live is ridiculous...game over
Ginko
Ok, cheers guys, I will check out the freebies first, then Valhalla
Ginko
Ah, SiR1 is pc only... Might check the demo for SiR2 though, do you know if can you load your own impulse reponses into it?
seditionary
If you have Logic... the impulse response reverbs in Space Designer are pretty nice...

A digital plate doesn't sound like a real plate at all... but a UAD EMT 140 is pretty cool anyways for what it does.

The Altiverb impulse plug-ins sound really incredible.
Raytracer
I like Valhalla Room. Great value for money.
Test2
+1 for Altiverb, great stereo image and a big library, a bit pricey but they add new IR's for free every month or two.
Ginko
I bought Valhalla Vintage in the end, the demo sounded cool so I grabbed it. I don't like the vintage emulations though, just run it on the clean mode. It is great for the price and much better than what I had.

Altiverb is a bit out of my price range, maybe if I didn't have a bunch of modules lined up on my "to buy" list hihi
phase ghost
Vintage Verb is my go to at this point. Space Designer in Logic is pretty good as well.
stk
Valhalla is great (all of them, but my pick in Vintage Verb).
You know reaper comes with its own convolution verb, right? Lots of impulses on the web to try.
Ginko
I havent played with it loads but I found the reverb in Reaper to sound really digital and full of artifacts which was dissapointing - but maybe it just needs a little more time
stk
Ginko wrote:
I havent played with it loads but I found the reverb in Reaper to sound really digital and full of artifacts which was dissapointing - but maybe it just needs a little more time

Yeah I'm not too fond of ReaVerbate myself, but from memory the convolution one (ReaVerb) is decent.
drxcm
Another vote for Valhalla here (have all of them). Amazing.
I also have, and love, 2C audio B2 reverb, and Eventide Blackhole.
h4ndcrafted
I have Reflektor but I end up using Max's reverb pro for convolution with Bricasti M7 IRS. Some of the 'places' stock IRS are nice too.

For digital I just use Lives native as I think it sound great.
Thesoft
NI's Vintage reverbs are solid and nice alternative to valhalla when you need something interesting but less distracting.
mookmoof
room: Relab lx480
bigger: eventide blackhole
jonbstevens
Altiverb and valhalla vintage are my favorites.
tilman
For Long FX Reverb tails: Blackhole

And then it´s Phoenix + R2 by Exponential Audio...
I also have Altiverb, both Valhallas e.t.c but the Exponential stuff is my absolute favorite at the moment....
bubbajaxx
The NI "reverb classics" RC24 and RC48 are good imo. Easy to get good results and pretty light on the cpu.
TimeRaveler
I like TAL Audio's stuff, their Reverb II is decent and free.
bratley
Yep , Valhalla. Just got Shimmer and it's fantastic
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3