MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kurzweil Mangler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Kurzweil Mangler
insomniyack
I have a Rumour and it's very quiet, high-quality, and an amazing reverb unit but I'm looking for it's counterpart, the Mangler and was wondering if anybody uses it. I figure it's got the same high-quality and low noise of the Rumour and I want to use it for an AUX send on my mixer to send various synths through (no guitars)...

Anybody have anything to say about it?
insomniyack
Well I ordered one...I have the Rumour and love it's high-quality and REAL sound (the reverbs don't sound like effects if you know what I mean) so I'm sure the Mangler can cover what I need (a digital delay with low noise) and will be able to do a bunch of other effects as well!!
attacksustain
I passed up a chance at a really cheap mangler earlier this year (like ~50% off), because I had no idea how it sounded. I couldn't find any decent demos of the rumour or the mangler online. Even kurzweil's web site didn't have anything.

I'd love to hear some recordings of it without a dozen other things in the signal path.
insomniyack
Well like I said the Rumour is amazing sounding in my book...clear and very LONG (like minutes of reverb tails) effects...very low noise and really transparent! I got rid of my other effects boxes just for the Kurzweil so it's definately worth it's price!

I'll have the Mangler soon and then I can report on that one!
MindMachine
Please do report back about the Mangler. I had been sooo close to scoring one... but now they seem few and far between. How can you go wrong with a unit called the Mangler? hihi
insomniyack
Well I got my Mangler and it is indeed a top-notch unit! Very quiet, very clear, and very professional! Capable of some unique synthlike textures and out-there effects! Easy to use and gives you a high-quality sound!
attacksustain
insomniyack wrote:
Well I got my Mangler and it is indeed a top-notch unit! Very quiet, very clear, and very professional! Capable of some unique synthlike textures and out-there effects! Easy to use and gives you a high-quality sound!

cool. I'd love to hear what that 'lazerverb' sounds like.
thetwlo
note: most(all?) of the fx algorithms in the Mangler/Rumour are from the KDFX board for the K2500, and K2600. So if you can find a K2500 with KDFX you have a pretty powerful box as you can also run audio through the synth algorithms. But it has a fairly shitty interface for the FX, so something dedicated like the Mangler makes it more usable.
ignatius
i've had the mangler for a few months now. great unit. lot's of depth and detail and it's dead simple to use. great delays. really great. also, the freqshifter things in it are cool.. you can really get a lot of useful stuff out of it and make it sit in a mix easily or make it loud and in your face. it's a great unit and has a hi end sound to it. i found a cheap on e new on ebay. worth every penny
tuj
I'm a fan of the mangler also, but its not as deep as I would like. I wish it offered more control or editing of the effects, but it does sit in a mix easy and add texture to almost anything.
renderful
Just got a Mangler for under $250 on eBay. Very stoked for it to get here. Another step in getting out of the box.
Modrik
Mangler is a great box. Dedicated for special fx, quiet, easy to use. Some effects are combinations even if it does´nt appear on the panel.
mk-ultra
Is there a demo of kurzweil effects anywhere?. Demos of kurzweil synths are dime a dozen online. But I've yet to hear a demo of a kurzweil dedicated efx rack unit. I didn't even know they made them.
MindMachine
Modrik wrote:
Mangler is a great box. Dedicated for special fx, quiet, easy to use. Some effects are combinations even if it does´nt appear on the panel.

Mine is a little noisy on some programs. It is deeper than first look for sure.

mk-ultra wrote:
Is there a demo of kurzweil effects anywhere?. Demos of kurzweil synths are dime a dozen online. But I've yet to hear a demo of a kurzweil dedicated efx rack unit. I didn't even know they made them.

Do you happen to be in Los Angeles area?
mk-ultra
Quote:
Do you happen to be in Los Angeles area?

No. I'm in norcal. Near sf bay.

I guess I'll look at a few k2600 videos and hope they also demo its internal effects. The dsp architecture seems to be the same. Or so says the advertisement on kurzweil's product page.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1