MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Full MOTM kits available in 8 minutes (6PM Texas Time)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Full MOTM kits available in 8 minutes (6PM Texas Time)
paults
This is the LAST CHANCE to get full MOTM kits (every part, wire solder, etc). I expect them to go fast.

Be SURE to refresh the ORDER page right at 6PM. If you can 'see' a module, there is at least 1 for sale. If a module is 'missing', it has sold out.

If you have not created a profile on the ORDER page, get going NOW!
bwhittington
paults wrote:
Full MOTM kits available in 8 minutes (6PM Texas Time)

YEEHAW! And Texas Time is the only time that matters, pardner!
Bananallama! Bananallama! Bananallama!
russma
....why, it's like an old-fashioned land grab!

decaying.sine
damn. the wavewarper was in my cart and then just got sucked out! what happened. eek!
haricots
I secured me a 490!! I just hope it's easy to build.
decaying.sine
Wait. We have to build these things? hihi
paults
I had only 1 wavewarper kit, and the first to complete the transaction (not put in cart) wins.

Yes, that is sort of sucky. I didn't write the app (blame Zen Cart).

Not to worry, I am re-designing the WaveWarper using DSP to be even cooler (not a kit, though).

And yes, the '490 it easy to build.
consumed
haricots wrote:
I secured me a 490!! I just hope it's easy to build.

paul's kits are the best kits out there, hands down.
decaying.sine
Good to know about the wavewarper. I think I will have plenty on my plate after this binge. Damn. I even went back for seconds.

Thanks for offering the kits Paul.

SlayerBadger!
patchdub
most awesome of holiday sales! unfortunately i have far to few monies right now and was only able to pick up a mixer and the small version at that. i know in another month i am going to wish i had ordered a filter to.
JohnLRice
HEY! What's up?? huh? There are still modules left! angry I got mine, did you get yours? hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper
SynthBaron
I should buy SOMETHING, but WHAT?
JohnLRice
SynthBaron wrote:
I should buy SOMETHING, but WHAT?

What do you have already . . besides a MOTM-490? applause
paults
The kits will stay in the cart until they are all gone or a few weeks go by and no one buys any.
JohnLRice
paults wrote:
The kits will stay in the cart until they are all gone or a few weeks go by and no one buys any.

I hope peeps buy them because in a couple weeks I'll start thinking I can afford some more of them, but I REALLY can't! help

Hey, "mice nuts"??? hmmm..... lol Is Muff or Sandyb tring to insult you or is it an inside joke?
bwhittington
JohnLRice wrote:

Hey, "mice nuts"??? hmmm..... lol Is Muff or Sandyb tring to insult you or is it an inside joke?

Must be a dash of irony. Everyone knows 5U guys have the biggest knobs.

Cheers,
Brian
sandyb
JohnLRice wrote:

'tis a joke from a long ago thread.
Reptil
yes! those 440 that have been staring at me for many months.... twisted MINE!
finally my synths get the filter treatment they deserve. Dead Banana

Two questions for Paul please: what is the optimum volume (voltage) range for signals into these filters?
What happens if the SSM2040 dies? Is it useful to hunt for some right now?
I'm sorry if these questions are very noobish Mr. Green

thank you for offering the kits. good luck with the car.

edit: went back for seconds too eek! hihi
paults
a) the MOTM-440 does *not* use a SSM2040 IC. It uses 9 matched pairs from Analog Devices. These parts are ~$4ea from www.digikey.com

b) in 11 years I've never had a MOTM-440 "go bad" except when 3 people plugged the power cable in backwards

c) the audio inputs can be anything from 1V pk-pk ('line out') to 10V pk-pk (out of a VCO module). The Moog ladder issues of widely-varying response based on input volume is minimal here. The filters will overdrive a bit if you crank the input level pot to 10.

d) I should have the car's cost covered by tomorrow. Thanks to everyone, now I have to get packing up.
Reptil
Hi Paul,
thank you. That is good to know. I'm not planning on plugging anything in backwards of course. hihi

I've sent you an email, I need some assistence for the "seconds". No rush!
cheers!
paults
BTW: the last day to order these kits in Jan. 15th. But when the ones that are in the cart are gone, they are *gone*.
tobias
I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU! to Paul, for bringing back a few kits! ...or should I thank his son... eek! meh hmmm..... (really hope that wasn't in bad taste and that he is alright!)
I snagged a 440 kit right at 6! Finally! I've been building MOTM for about 10 years now, although I still feel like a complete newbie! Being poor doesn't help much, but I just wanted to say that these kits are so amazing to build, and I am so thankful to be able to have this kind of hands on experience! Serisouly, take it from a dummy, they are fool proof! Thanks again Paul and I look forward to the 520 and the new modules!
scottp
Hi Paul,

Would love to join in on this but for the past few weeks I have sent a emails at the synth1@airmail.net and never received a response about a copy of of the docs of a 1485 that I would like to convert to a 1U.

My email address is scott@bigsynth.com

Thanks,
Scott
paults
I've extended the deadline to Jan. 19th for ordering the full MOTM kits. What is left is there in the cart.

www.synthtech.com, click ORDER, then click the link in the upper left corner.

All kits will be shipped by Feb. 1st.
nerdware
paults wrote:
www.synthtech.com, click ORDER

[cough] http://www.synthtech.com
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2