MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

4ms PEG kit build question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author 4ms PEG kit build question
orangehexagon
I'm building the PEG kit and noticed I need a 47 ohm resistor and the kit came with a 470 ohm resistor. I wondering if anyone has built this kit and knows whether or not this a misprint on the docs or if I was sent the wrong resistor.

I tried calling 4ms, but got sent to voicemail and wanted to finish the kit today.

Thanks.
4mspedals
Hi, its supposed to be 47 ohm :( Sorry about that. Shoot me an email with your address and I'll send the right resistor.
Also if you have two 100 ohm resistors, you could put them in parallel and it'll work (50 ohms is within tolerance)
ProgRocket
Hi,
i got a PEG-Kit from Schneidersladen.

The contents/manifest checked out almost well BUT.
It says there should be 2 x Schottky Diode BAT85S.

They seem to be missing, or, well, instead there are two diodes that fit the overall look. There are two small orange glass transparent diodes with the fat black stripe (compared to the two larger Zener Glass-Diodes), but their small print says A SO 103 - nothing of BAT85.

By process of elimination they would be the correct diodes but they could also be a packaging error... are these the correct Schottky Diodes BAT85S?

with best regards,
Stephan Möbius
4mspedals
ProgRocket wrote:
Hi,
i got a PEG-Kit from Schneidersladen.

The contents/manifest checked out almost well BUT.
It says there should be 2 x Schottky Diode BAT85S.

They seem to be missing, or, well, instead there are two diodes that fit the overall look. There are two small orange glass transparent diodes with the fat black stripe (compared to the two larger Zener Glass-Diodes), but their small print says A SO 103 - nothing of BAT85.

By process of elimination they would be the correct diodes but they could also be a packaging error... are these the correct Schottky Diodes BAT85S?

with best regards,
Stephan Möbius

Hi Stephan,
Yes that is the correct diode.

Unfortunately for us humans, many electronic components are not labeled with their part number. It would make things easy if everything was marked with the same identifier we use to purchase the components, but it's not the case.
This is common with SMT components, but we also see it with many through-hole components. But rest assured, those diodes are correct!
ProgRocket
Thanks for the quick response. I'll go sold(i)ering on smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1