MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MOTM in 19'' studio racks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author MOTM in 19'' studio racks
knittingram
I was browsing through Bridechamber while planning out my fantasy motm setup and I came upon a link to nice-racks.com where there USED to be a rack available..

Does anyone know any other studio rack sites that have 5u cases in 19" ready to be modified?
dude
motm rails to fit in a standard 19" rack are exactly 10u wide and 5u tall.
knittingram
Yea I totally brainfarted the 5u.. duh! couldn't be more obvious.. lol

Nice-racks.com seems to only carry even numbered units.. Damn!
Babaluma
he'll do custom work for you, he built my modular rack and did an amazing job, send him an email!
plord
+1 on the custom work. Any size, depth, stain, or mounting strategy, built WAY fast, and packed to survive a bombing. Cheap for what you get.
knittingram
Oh sweet! I will definitely have to contact him then when I get all the funds together!

thanks!
Guinness ftw!
emdot_ambient
I know it's not a studio case...but I still think this is a great price for what you get (and there's nothing to say you can't use it as a studio case):

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/RUE-10_series_rack_cases/R10UE -10_cutsheet.shtml

I got the 12U version for Christmas. That leaves room for outboard FX or custom 19" 2U utility strips or what have you.
synthetic
Just get the MOTM 19A rails and pick any rack.

http://www.synthtech.com/testcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPa th=67&products_id=181
knittingram
These are all great options but the big question is how much more is the prebuilt STG MOTM case w/ psu gonna be when everything is said and done?
krelnarb
I just moved my MOTMish stuff to a R10UE-10 from a 12U SKB I was using and I'm very happy with it. I want to keep my rig gigable and at home it's all stacked up on a bakers rack.

After awhile SKBs get "skewed" from being gigged: "Hey! don't sit on that!"
emdot_ambient
I wouldn't want anyone sitting on a R10UE-10 either, though. They are structurally very sound but aren't built to support much weight on their sides.
krelnarb
True that, best not let any one sit on you stuff thumbs up
emdot_ambient
krelnarb wrote:
True that, best not let any one sit on you stuff thumbs up

The question is...should one use spikes or an electrified outter case? Or both...touch my stuff and Dead Banana twisted
russma
....electrified of course. You've already got 120V coming in...
emdot_ambient
The problem with electrified is that they only learn not to sit on your stuff after the first time they try to sit on your stuff. Spikes give a visual clue that possibly you don't want them to try in the first place.

So I'm thinking both.
russma
Sensible.
wyrtti
Electrified spikes with wasp-like yellow and black coloring!
emdot_ambient
wyrtti wrote:
Electrified spikes with wasp-like yellow and black coloring!

And razor wire between the spikes.
krelnarb
Or how about a large sign on the case that read: "CAUTION, DO NOT SIT ON THIS CASE"

And then when they come up to read the sign electrified spikes tethered to attractive yellow and black razor wire shoots out at them.
russma
Well now you're just being silly.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1