MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

most interesting bridechamber modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author most interesting bridechamber modules?
Nelson Baboon
Well, I'm new to the 5u format - looks like my cases for the moon modular are still about a week away, but then I will be 'officially' started, and I've been talking to Todd Fletcher about building me some of the Bridechamber stuff. Looks like there's a bunch of Ian Fritz and Tellun stuff there, and that can't be bad (really getting into my new euro Chaquo - a great module) - so I'm going to try to get together an order for the end of January.

Any recommendations on the 'best' stuff would be welcome - both as a complement to a eurorack system, and in its own right.

And since it looks like I'll be using motm power (already have a 950 for my 650 midi to cv converter) and motm rails, I'll probably finally get a couple of Paul's modules too.

edit: whoa - just looked at the motm site and I'm drooling over the 730 pulse divider. Now that looks like one hell of a pulse divider.
NV
Without a doubt, the Tellun Neural Agonizer - in my opinion one of the most unique and capable modules in the modular realm. Bridechamber only carries the panels, but getting the PCBs from Tellun is a snap and the detailed BOM makes ordering parts as easy as it gets.

The 5Pulser waveshaper is an extremely easy build, quite affordable, and has a unique timbre to it, as well as a unique method of operation. I would recommend it as a quick and simple build for any DIYer, and a tech would be able to piece it together in no time.

The SN Voice is surprisingly capable and offers some of that low fidelity retro quality that comes and goes in fads. Even if you aren't into that style of sound it offers a number of additional features in one 3U panel, like digital noise, an AR envelope, and an LFO. It's a very interesting module for the 5U format, which lacks the Harvestman/Geiger Counter/PLL "imperfections" of euro.

The Threeler Multi-VCF and Bi'N'Tic are both unique filters, with the Threeler being quite versatile and the Bi'N'Tic also functioning as an oscillator. There are some samples on the site, and the Metalbox site also has some demos of the Bi'N'Tic in action.

The CGS Tube VCA can add some great character to a modular and is also a very simple and affordable build. It can really thicken up a sound in the final stages and since it's a VCA you'll always have at least some use for it, effect or not.

The CGS Wave Multipliers are "sort of" derived from the Serge Wave Multipliers (based on sound and not circuit in other words) along with a number of extra tweaks and additions. It excels at imparting a metallic tinge to a sound, although it's also not a one trick pony in that regard. The Metalbox site also has some samples of the Multipliers in action, and I believe Kent posted an extensive demo of them at work on the forums not long ago.

Many of the Oakley modules I've built have been fantastic. The Sample/Track and Hold is the definitive sample and hold module in my opinion, and the track and hold feature is unique and very useful. The VCO is derived from the Minimoog and as much as I dislike random subjective descriptors, it definitely has a powerful, thick, and round character. Although these you could get from krisp1 pre-built, but still something to consider.

There's also the CGS ASRs, Slope Detectors, and Burst Generators which can add some unique CV adornments to a system. Long story short, these are my own favorites but many of the projects on Bridechamber are both unique and highly capable and the majority of them are easy builds, particularly for an experienced tech.
Nelson Baboon
Great. Thanks. I have NO DIY skills, but Todd Fletcher (who built my Klees) has very reasonable rates, and I'm just going to have to look into some of these. The Neural Agonizer was already at the top of my list - I don't even care what it sounds like. And you also remind me of the tube vca, which I've always been curious about....

NV wrote:
Without a doubt, the Tellun Neural Agonizer - in my opinion one of the most unique and capable modules in the modular realm. Bridechamber only carries the panels, but getting the PCBs from Tellun is a snap and the detailed BOM makes ordering parts as easy as it gets.

The 5Pulser waveshaper is an extremely easy build, quite affordable, and has a unique timbre to it, as well as a unique method of operation. I would recommend it as a quick and simple build for any DIYer, and a tech would be able to piece it together in no time.

The SN Voice is surprisingly capable and offers some of that low fidelity retro quality that comes and goes in fads. Even if you aren't into that style of sound it offers a number of additional features in one 3U panel, like digital noise, an AR envelope, and an LFO. It's a very interesting module for the 5U format, which lacks the Harvestman/Geiger Counter/PLL "imperfections" of euro.

The Threeler Multi-VCF and Bi'N'Tic are both unique filters, with the Threeler being quite versatile and the Bi'N'Tic also functioning as an oscillator. There are some samples on the site, and the Metalbox site also has some demos of the Bi'N'Tic in action.

The CGS Tube VCA can add some great character to a modular and is also a very simple and affordable build. It can really thicken up a sound in the final stages and since it's a VCA you'll always have at least some use for it, effect or not.

The CGS Wave Multipliers are "sort of" derived from the Serge Wave Multipliers (based on sound and not circuit in other words) along with a number of extra tweaks and additions. It excels at imparting a metallic tinge to a sound, although it's also not a one trick pony in that regard. The Metalbox site also has some samples of the Multipliers in action, and I believe Kent posted an extensive demo of them at work on the forums not long ago.

Many of the Oakley modules I've built have been fantastic. The Sample/Track and Hold is the definitive sample and hold module in my opinion, and the track and hold feature is unique and very useful. The VCO is derived from the Minimoog and as much as I dislike random subjective descriptors, it definitely has a powerful, thick, and round character. Although these you could get from krisp1 pre-built, but still something to consider.

There's also the CGS ASRs, Slope Detectors, and Burst Generators which can add some unique CV adornments to a system. Long story short, these are my own favorites but many of the projects on Bridechamber are both unique and highly capable and the majority of them are easy builds, particularly for an experienced tech.
dude
i enjoy the digital noise module and have been trying to buy the analog computer for about 5 months now. the fritz adar looks great but i haven't used it. i love the slope detector. it is great w/joystick and when used at audio rates.
MindMachine
I purchased a complete Arrick dotcom version of the Bi-N-Tic from Bridechamber. It is a very unique thing for sure. Unlike anything or any combo of modules that I have ever used/heard. For lack of a better description, it sounds like breaking/broken glass on whatever is fed to it. His version (which is someone elses implementation) has an infinite level of input control of the processing. I had to wait six months to get it, but it was worth it all the way. Super unique and well built indeed. A truely unique keeper for the ages! w00t SlayerBadger! w00t
patchdub
if you can get the pcb from thomas white...
http://www.naturalrhythmmusic.com/lopass.html

then definitely get yourself a buchla lopass! it is really dope.

the oakley envelope follower is very cool to.

i've been saving for the oakley vc phaser and the tellun mod to the motm 320 lfo.
mono-poly
I really would get all these ones by Ian:

★5Pulser Waveshaper
★Jerkster Chaos
★Dual Threshold/ Gate/ Trigger/ Sample & Hold
★Double Well Chaos
★ChaQuO Chaos Generator/ Quadrature Oscillator
★Threeler VCF
★All-In AD/AR EG with Pulse Delay and Width
★Teezer Through-Zero VCO
nerdware
Don't forget the humble Multiple module. hihi
Nelson Baboon
I have the euro Chaquo, and plan to get a second. It's a great module, and favorably disposes me to follow the path below over time...

mono-poly wrote:
I really would get all these ones by Ian:

★5Pulser Waveshaper
★Jerkster Chaos
★Dual Threshold/ Gate/ Trigger/ Sample & Hold
★Double Well Chaos
★ChaQuO Chaos Generator/ Quadrature Oscillator
★Threeler VCF
★All-In AD/AR EG with Pulse Delay and Width
★Teezer Through-Zero VCO
mono-poly
I got an euro chaquo to and it's such an amazing thing.
I consider getting another one.
synthetic
The Multiple is a must. I have the Neural Agonizer but I don't think you can get boards anymore. If you're superanal like me, keep in mind that the font is different on the BC panels than on MOTM and Moog panels.
sduck
According to the Tellun website, which is usually kept up to date, the NA pcb's are currently available. Order them now, before they run out again!

http://www.tellun.com/motm/diy/diy.html
ach_gott
It's important to bear in mind that Scott announced that he won't be doing custom orders of assembled modules anymore, but selling only out of stock. So you can only "suggest" that he stock something.

But seeing as there are many fans of Ian's work, he seems to build more of those than anything else. And they are indeed damn groovy.
Nelson Baboon
I'm arranging with Todd Fletcher to build me an Agonizer....more to follow, but I want to make sure I get one.
Luka
my picks are (since i have them all)

teezer
analog computer
wave multipiler
modulo magic
n.ag
frijitz
ach_gott wrote:
It's important to bear in mind that Scott announced that he won't be doing custom orders of assembled modules anymore, but selling only out of stock. So you can only "suggest" that he stock something

Scott has help doing assembly now, so it should be easier to get completed modules. Contact him through the Bridechamber website to find out about specific modules. He's trying to avoid taking pre-orders for stuff that is not available. Given recent events with other vendors, I think everyone should appreciate that.

grin

Ian
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group