MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Audio Damage Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next [all]
Author New Audio Damage Sequencer
droningsphagettimonster
gate mute function plz. mute is must
juvation
i need to clock my Sequencer 1 via MIDI. does anyone have good or bad experiences doing this with the plethora of MIDI clock modules around? i was thinking of the Intellijel uMIDI as it has run, clock, and reset.

thanks!
Zymos
Using the MIDI3 for this all the time, clock from Live. Seq 1 will start and stop when the clock does, I'm not using reset.
happyham
after a night pitch shifting drum samples, it hit me like a ton of bricks how freakin amazing the lfos are. I'm sure just about everyone who uses the seq1 has that moment where they say 'holy shit, the lfos!!!' I'm going to be using these like they're going out of style.

if cv could modulate lfo shape, length, or phase for the following cycle that would be incredible.
filtermod
happyham wrote:
after a night pitch shifting drum samples, it hit me like a ton of bricks how freakin amazing the lfos are. I'm sure just about everyone who uses the seq1 has that moment where they say 'holy shit, the lfos!!!' I'm going to be using these like they're going out of style.

if cv could modulate lfo shape, length, or phase for the following cycle that would be incredible.

Yes. That would be the catalyst to make me buy another one!
ElCampesino
Is there any way the copying, pasting and saving of patterns could be done differently?

What I often do in improvised sets is start from scratch with an empty pattern and gradually build towards something that sounds cool. I can then save that pattern without the sequence being interrupted. No problem there.

But if I'd want to save that sequence, say X, and build towards a modified version of X, say Y, but also keep X, I need to copy, move to a different pattern on Seq1 then paste. This different pattern is either an already existing one, which will kick in when you select it, or an empty one, which will cause everything to stop playing. Either way, it interrupts the flow that I was working on.

It would be awesome if I could build and save various different versions of a sequence and move back and forth between them on the fly.

As far as I know this is not possible currently.

Is this something other users recognise?

Is this something that could perhaps be implemented in a future firmware update?
Zymos
I have a suggestion/request: is it possible for the LFO settings to be disabled when CV1-3 are not set to LFO in the Seq page?

I had a few minutes of "why aren't the settings making any difference??!" before realizing I hadn't turned on the LFOs d'oh!
FatRocky
another "After One Night Post" here

After one night using different modulation sources to apply them to all CV1 and CV2 parameter allocation options,,, i thought how amazing could be to be able to SAVE parameters modulations allocation at PATTERN LEVEL not just GLOBAL.

Amazing things will happen in a sequence just having each pattern reacting differently to CV1 and CV2 modulation inputs,,, try by tweaking the rotary knob by hand while running a sequence , now imagine if that could be programed
studionebula
FatRocky wrote:

After one night using different modulation sources to apply them to all CV1 and CV2 parameter allocation options,,, i thought how amazing could be to be able to SAVE parameters modulations allocation at PATTERN LEVEL not just GLOBAL.

Yeah, I'd like it to behave that way, too. In retrospect that's how we should have done it in the first place. Unfortunately making the change to the code won't be trivial. It's on the list, though.
studionebula
ElCampesino wrote:
Is there any way the copying, pasting and saving of patterns could be done differently?

[...]

It would be awesome if I could build and save various different versions of a sequence and move back and forth between them on the fly.

As far as I know this is not possible currently.

Is this something other users recognise?

Is this something that could perhaps be implemented in a future firmware update?

I understand your desire. Back when we were designing this thing, I didn't worry about this particular issue because the Elektron sequencers have the same issue, and I figured if it's good enough for them, well... However, we can indeed do better.

Chris and I talked about this while we were in Portland for Sync 02. He came up with a nice solution which (I think) won't be difficult to code. I'll probably do this in the next update.
studionebula
happyham wrote:

Thank you. I'm rather proud of them myself, if I may say so.

happyham wrote:

Hmm. It's doable, I think, with the caveat that you're obviously going to get discontinuities in the signal in a number of circumstances. I guess that's not necessarily a drawback, depending on the context.
studionebula
DDJ wrote:
I can't say what is/isn't a priority for others. Quantization is a big one for me though. The front page on muffs consistently has talk of quantizers these days with the new TipTop one, O + C, ....

I'm not saying you need to compete with them or anything. Just that, if the SEQ 1 can handle a lot of the quantizer functions those others can, while doing all the things it does so well already, it'd be badass. Less HP, more functions. What's not to love.

Either way, I love my SEQ 1.

Would it be adequate if the quantizer(s) always used the scale setting of the current pattern? Anything else is gonna be more complex than we're likely to take on within this product.
Zymos
An LFO request-
Would it be possible to add a couple of pulse types that use a specific number of beats rather than a fraction of the total length? Or if not, smaller fractions than 1/8?
It can be useful for it to go high for only a beat or two, but when you have a long pattern, 1/8 of the pattern can be a pretty long time.
Even cooler would be if some of the "half" types could instead last a certain number of beats, or smaller fractions also.

Great sequencer all around, but the LFOs really push it over the top!
flo
^ You can already do that, with a little workaround / thinking around the corner...

The length of the pulses will additionally depend on the length of the LFO that you've set. So, for example, if you set the LFO length to the whole pattern (the LFO length is indeed entered as steps, so 16 = 1 bar), using the 1/8 pulse will indeed produce a pulse for the duration of 1/8 patterns. However, if you set the LFO length to be half a bar (i.e., 8 steps), the 1/8 pulse will be high for 1/16 patterns. And so on... So by setting the LFO length to 1 and the pulse type to 1/8, you get 1/8 of one step (which is very short, in fact a 1/128 pulse).

Now, if you only want that short pulse to happen at specific steps (e.g., the first step of the pattern only), you can use the "LFOx" setting for the LFOs and program the LFO amplitude for each step with the CV1 parameter. So, to set this short pulse only on step 1, set CV1 on step 1 to 500 and to 0 on all other steps.
Zymos
If I have a longer pattern, I can only have a longer pulse. 1/8 of 64 is 8- I can't have a 1 beat pulse in a pattern that is 64 beats long.
FatRocky
studionebula wrote:
FatRocky wrote:

Yeah, I'd like it to behave that way, too. In retrospect that's how we should have done it in the first place. Unfortunately making the change to the code won't be trivial. It's on the list, though.

cool

i think im just talking nonsense but , would it be possible to use the 3 cv outputs as inputs to take parameter modulation even further?

Mr. Green confused hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it zombie
pzoot
Zymos wrote:
If I have a longer pattern, I can only have a longer pulse. 1/8 of 64 is 8- I can't have a 1 beat pulse in a pattern that is 64 beats long.

The LFO length parameter (Len) is set in steps, not fraction of pattern length. Does it work differently for the pulse shapes?
flo
^ Exactly. It's the same for the pulse shapes.

Zymos, you are confusing the relationship between pattern length, LFO length (which is set in steps) and the "1/X pulse types" (where the fractions refer to the LFO length, so are dependant on that setting).

I tried to clear that up in my answer above, but it seems that was a bit complicated... Let us know whether this helps Zymos.
Zymos
If I have an LFO that is 64 steps long, and select "rectangle 1/8" as the LFO type, each pulse will be 8 steps long, yes?
So how could I have a 64 step LFO with that goes high for one step, then stays low for 63?
pzoot
For that I'd just set a CV output on step 1 directly instead of using an lfo
DDJ
Quote:

Would it be adequate if the quantizer(s) always used the scale setting of the current pattern? Anything else is gonna be more complex than we're likely to take on within this product.

That's exactly what I would want. Rockin' Banana!
flo
Zymos wrote:
If I have an LFO that is 64 steps long, and select "rectangle 1/8" as the LFO type, each pulse will be 8 steps long, yes?

Only if the LFO length is set to 64, too.

Zymos wrote:
So how could I have a 64 step LFO with that goes high for one step, then stays low for 63?

pzoot wrote:
For that I'd just set a CV output on step 1 directly instead of using an lfo

Yeah, if you want it high for an entire step, you can also just use the "lin CV" setting for the CV out and set that to 500 for just the first step. Alternatively, with the LFOs and "LFOx" setting for the CV out, it can be done as described above.

Cheers Guinness ftw!
Zymos
lin CV isn't that useful, since it is part of the pattern. I could use it to make a pulse on the 1st beat of a pattern, but not for example, on the first beat of every 3rd pass through a pattern. That's why I want to use an LFO, since its length is independant of the pattern length.

Looks like I need to explore LFOx...
flo
Ok, so I realize more and more that I'd love a "latch" function for the manual repeats (and possibly ratchets). Something simple, just press a button and it latches the respective action (so you don't have to keep one finger on the button). Pretty simple, I guess, once a fitting button (combination) has been found?

Cheers Guinness ftw!
10 Miles High
Could anyone successfully recreate the slide behaviour from a TB-303 ? Whatever I try here, tieing steps, setting slide for any of the adjacent steps of for both, switching gates on and off, I never can get this typical (and desireable) "slide-down" behaviour. All I can get is a "slide-up" thing which is not so cool by far.

Maybe I am missing something and just don't see how to program this correctly ?

Any hints appreciated )

10 Mh
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next [all]
Page 56 of 58