MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Audio Damage Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next [all]
Author New Audio Damage Sequencer
ngarjuna
10 Miles High wrote:
Could anyone successfully recreate the slide behaviour from a TB-303 ? Whatever I try here, tieing steps, setting slide for any of the adjacent steps of for both, switching gates on and off, I never can get this typical (and desireable) "slide-down" behaviour. All I can get is a "slide-up" thing which is not so cool by far.

Maybe I am missing something and just don't see how to program this correctly ?

Any hints appreciated )

10 Mh

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about getting "slide-up" behavior but not "slide-down" behavior but to get close to a 303 slide you just have to make a few adjustments. That said there were a few things I could do on my 303 clone (I have an Avalon) that I couldn't get the Sequencer One to do 1:1 exactly (and vice versa).

So...instead of activating SLIDE on the step you want to slide from you activate it on the step you are sliding into. You also have to change the gate length of the step you're sliding from to TIE. And finally you have to set the SLIDE time to be roughly similar to that of a 303. I can't recall which setting I was using.
flo
ngarjuna wrote:
You also have to change the gate length of the step you're sliding from to TIE.

Just to clarify, you don't have to do this on the AD Seq 1 to get a slide (any slide). To get a 303 style slide though, it helps - since the 303 can only slide from "legato" notes.

To get a slide down, the note before (from where it slides) must simply be higher in pitch than the note it slides to.

Cheers Guinness ftw!
10 Miles High
Thanks for the hints !

Now I got closer to what I was up to. I think I missed the "slide time" parameter out completely.

Love the Seq 1 )

10 Mh
DDJ
Can you guys help me with something weird. A sequence running straight from the SEQUENCER 1 to my AJH modules sounds great. But, when I run it through my RYO Paths the pitch is off(flat). I tried it with an SQ-1 and it works as expected. Trying different cables didn't help. Rings seems to respond normally. What gives?
DDJ
UPDATE: I tried the SQ-1 again, this time with a larger pitch range and it has the same issue. I'm guessing the RYO Paths is the problem.
SlyFrank
Shot in the dark here - Some modules don't respond well, for whatever reason, to sequence CV from specific modules - sometimes they just don't play well together. In my rig one of my oscillators will always be flat and out of tune with anything coming out of my quantizer. But with any other modules both the quantizer & oscillator work just fine.

What I have to do to fix this single 2-module combo is to run the pitch CV from the quantizer through a buffered mult and then into the oscillator. So in your case, try running the SEQ1 CV into a buffered mult and then into the Paths. It may not work, but worth a try. If you don't have a buffered mult, I dunno, try running it through a passive mult or something else. I don't know why this works in my case but it fixes the issue 100% hmmm.....
DDJ
Quote:
Shot in the dark here - ...

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it with a buffer and had the same issue. I told the builder about it and she wants to see if a resistor is shorting, or if a solder is cold.
phutureboy
Hi Chris & Adam,
I would definitely have this same request above :
Bogus wrote:
Manual says:
Quote:
The Reset output emits a short +5V pulse when you press the Stop button.

I'd really like to be able to configure the reset output to pulse on the first step of a sequence in addition to when the stop button is pressed.

And more exactly not "in addition" but "instead". In other words have the reset sent not when pressing STOP but rather when pressing PLAY after pressing STOP (as opposed to PLAY as PAUSE or PLAY as RESUME).

Now once that is settled there would be this additional request also above :
Blender wrote:
Reset:
We would like the reset out to send a reset at the last step of a pattern- not just when stop button is pressed so that it can reset other sequencers. Even better would be to specify a step to send a reset out per pattern.
One of the ways it could be implemented is the way some other sequencers do it (e.g. Stillson Hammer MKII) as Infection describes it above :
infection wrote:
Is there a way to slip/slide a pattern to the left or right by one step increments?
If not i would like to request this function as it can be really usefull, especially if you are programming to a beat and forgot to reset all sequencers to the first beat before programming.

So crossing fingers for these 2 requests to happen, at least the first one...
tonymasiello
Hi, I just got my Sequencer 1 last week, so I have only had a couple of days to really dig in and explore. Most of the functionality seems inuitive and explained clearly in the manual, but one aspect I am just not getting is the save and reload of patterns to and from the micro sd card.

I seem to be able to save okay. But I have no idea what is actually happening when I save. Is each save unique? Am I ever overwriting something I saved earlier? How are the files named? The manual talks about reloading the last saved pattern, but how are other saved patterns reloaded? I have read and reread the manual, and I have read a fair chunk of this thread, but I don't seem to get, what seems like it should be, very simple functionality.

If one of you more experienced users could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated!
ngarjuna
tonymasiello wrote:
Hi, I just got my Sequencer 1 last week, so I have only had a couple of days to really dig in and explore. Most of the functionality seems inuitive and explained clearly in the manual, but one aspect I am just not getting is the save and reload of patterns to and from the micro sd card.

I seem to be able to save okay. But I have no idea what is actually happening when I save. Is each save unique? Am I ever overwriting something I saved earlier? How are the files named? The manual talks about reloading the last saved pattern, but how are other saved patterns reloaded? I have read and reread the manual, and I have read a fair chunk of this thread, but I don't seem to get, what seems like it should be, very simple functionality.

If one of you more experienced users could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated!

When you hit save it saves the parameters of the pattern you're working on the slot you're working in. It will overwrite what was in that slot before (and no, there's no prompt to warn you but at least saving is a two button task so you shouldn't be able to hit it accidentally).

I'm not sure I understand your question about reloading...but to load a pattern you have to be in the main play mode (I forget what AD calls it); press ESC and you'll be there. Then invoking patterns is just two buttons: choose the bank, then choose the pattern. At the end of the current pattern it should switch to whatever you chose (I can't recall if this is an adjustable feature; I want to say you can set it to switch immediately but I never use that so I can't remember).

If you're asking about loading and unloading from the micro SD card that's really easy too: when you pull the SD card you'll notice that it has all your patterns on it (I forget the exact syntax but there should be a file for each pattern or for each saved pattern [sorry can't remember which]). To save them simply copy them back up to your computer. To load them just drag them back to the micro SD card. Personally I've never loaded anything back in (I have backed up my card a couple times) so I can't tell you if there's a way to rename the pattern (so that it loads in a different slot). But you'll only be dealing with filenames with the card out (and the module off); while you're actually programming and playing Sequencer 1 the patterns are simply alphanumeric (A1, B5, D16, etc.).
flo
FWIW, note that the pattern numbering starts at 00 (and ends at 15) on the microSD card! So pattern 1 will be labelled pattern 00 internally on the card. Seems a good idea to be aware of this if you plan to back them up and reload them regularly. See here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2056464&highlight=#2 056464
tonymasiello
Thank you both for the replies.

I guess I was expecting that the user had to choose patterns to load into banks like you would load a saved file into a DAW, and I had a mental block getting past that.

I had not got past working on a single bank yet, so I have likely been overwriting my A01 bank each time I save. So each of the 64 banks can save one pattern and the internal name is based on the slot. If I need more than that, or need to reuse those banks, I will need to backup the sd card. And the patterns that are saved on the sd card are loaded into 'RAM' memory when the device is turned on. That makes sense, especially with the limitations of the UI.

Thanks again!
thaneco
Hello,
I would like to know if its possible to play the mini keyboard of the sequencer while in step mode (to be able to listen to the notes while making the pattern). My firmware is the latest, 1.5. Thanks!
thaneco
w00t
flo
No, as of now, you can only play the keyboard while the sequencer is not running, and in "play" mode. (While running, it transposes the sequence.)

But you could join my long standing plead for a real time "tap" entry mode, that's similar hihi

Speaking of requests, I'm realizing more and more how useful a "latch" mode for the manual repeat (and possibly ratchet) actions would be. Here's a dual two voice paraphonic patch I just did, I had to hold the repeat for two minutes in the beginning! (I am aware that I could program separate patterns to do the same.) I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard to implement, once a feasible button combination is found? hmmm.....

https://soundcloud.com/contracommunemopinionem/may-17-dual-paraphony

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/325198512" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

Cheers! Guinness ftw!
thaneco
Thank you for the reply. I hope that the next update will include the ability to play the mini keyboard at all times! I love this sequencer!!
flo
My pleasure!

That is tricky, though; while the sequencer is running, how do you differentiate between "playing" vs. transposing the running sequence? In any of the modes where you can program the notes (of the active steps), which is virtually all of the programming modes, how would you differentiate between programming the note of the active step vs. "playing"?
phutureboy
Well, you could transpose with the ALT button pressed and play without pressing it for example. Or choose one or the other in the SEQ mode via a setting...
DDJ
It's been pretty quiet around here. Have AD moved onto newer and greater things? waah
akrylik
DDJ wrote:
It's been pretty quiet around here. Have AD moved onto newer and greater things? waah

Why would you be sad about that? Don't you want AD to succeed as a business? hmmm.....
DDJ
No. I want them to concentrate on the sequencer and THAT'S IT.

To be seriously, I have huge respect for the AD gang. They've supported this module in a way that puts MANY companies to shame. I'll sing their praises till the cows quantize incoming cv(and even after that)
10 Miles High
Some strange behaviour (bug?) here. When the seq is running I try to switch patterns on the fly. Many times it won't switch, t.i. it shows B1 - B12 (meaning it should switch to B12) but would never switch. I have to stop manually and then select B12 or whatever pattern. First I thought it is due to the rand0d play mode selected but then it happens also with straight play modes.

Anyone having this?

Not that it is a crucial problem but maybe I am missing something.

10 Mh
DDJ
Are you on the latest firmware? This was addressed so long as your problem is happening when you are trying to override sequence switch settings(can't remember what they're called right now).
10 Miles High
Yes, sorry for not mentioning right away - firmware is 1.5.0.

IIRC from the update discriptions the new overriding is about a now higher priority of manual pattern switches over "actions" which were programmed into the pattern (or step). Of course I will now check this, but the patterns are brand new made from scratch and no actions were (at least intentionally) programmed by me.

FWIW this happens which running from external clock, provided as audio pulses from my DAW. Will check now if this happens ever on internal sync and update here.

many thanks for any input

10 Mh
10 Miles High
Update:

It happens only now and then after having switched (via stop) from EXT sync to INT and back to EXT. Only with one particular pattern which is 64 steps long and plays in rnd0d mode.

Now it runs 19 bars after my manual command (counting the "measure" led far right on the panel) ... and then it switches hmmm.....

Must think now that my reset pulse may be faulty - it should come every 4 bars. But then, I thought that regardless of play mode and reset the switch should always happen after 64 steps which is the length of the pattern. That is 4 bars. I definitely get different bar counts while I press in the switch immediately after the pattern in question hast started. The one single pattern can not play longer then 4 bars anyway, right ?

Am I wrong on this ? Can the rnd0dd mode alter the total step count ?

The pattern in question has set "action 17 steps" but "act=none" and "probability=0". So this means no action programmed, right ?

But then Page 24 of the manual says, that the maximal step count before an "action" can be up to 256 steps (which is 64 x 4 steps thus 4 times the maximum pattern length). Strange

10 Mh

I also understand that switching sync INT/EXT back and forth may be a somewhat extreme practice for any device. In a tracking or concert situation this is not a normal scenario either.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next [all]
Page 57 of 58