MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Audio Damage Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 [all]
Author New Audio Damage Sequencer
studionebula
DDJ wrote:
It's been pretty quiet around here. Have AD moved onto newer and greater things? waah

I apologize for my protracted silence. Blame it on an unfortunate combination of my forgetfulness and, yes, being busy with other things. It's a truism that Audio Damage is a tiny company consisting of two people. It's our main job and what we depend on to keep a roof over our respective heads and food in the cat bowls, so at times we necessarily have to focus our attention on the project(s) which we think will result in bolstering our revenue.

Here's a true story which is a bit of a digression but perhaps amusing, or at least illustrative. When we met in Portland for the Sync 02 event, we talked for quite awhile about Sequencer 1. (Bear in mind that we live in two different parts of the country and hence see each other in person an average of once every three years.) There was a specific discussion about an issue related to something that was brought up here. As he often does, Chris came up with an elegant solution--one which both worked well from the user's perspective and didn't appear particularly difficult to code. I was so pleased with it that I wanted to start working on the next firmware update ASAP.

Then, after the show, we returned to our respective homes. We got wrapped up in other stuff (including the usual post-show catch-up and decompression) and some time went by. I didn't find time to start on the update. More time went by, and one day I suddenly remembered that discussion in Portland. However, I could not remember what exactly the issue was, and what solution we'd come up with. I drew a total blank.

So, I pinged Chris, since generally his memory is better than mine. He drew the same blank. He could also remember the discussion, but he also could not recall the specific issue or its solution. Ironically, this discussion happened during one of the rare times that we had a face-to-face conversation. Had it happened in our usual chats, we'd have an electronic record of it and I could just scroll back a ways and find it. But since it happened in person, and since it seemed so blindingly obvious at the time, nobody wrote it down.

I think I've figured out the particular issue under discussion, but neither of us is sure of the solution. It's gone.

Anyway, there will be another Seq 1 update in the future, but exactly when I won't attempt to forecast. Many thanks to all of the people who have jumped in here to answer questions.
studionebula
10 Miles High wrote:
Update:

It happens only now and then after having switched (via stop) from EXT sync to INT and back to EXT. Only with one particular pattern which is 64 steps long and plays in rnd0d mode.

Off the top of my head, my best guess on this is that there's a problem with the detection of the end of the pattern when the pattern is in rndOdd mode and has 64 steps. Hence it doesn't switch patterns when you expect because it doesn't think it has yet reached the end of the pattern. The end-of-pattern logic is a little odd for the random modes, so it wouldn't entirely surprise me if there was a flaw there. It may or may not have anything to do with INT/EXT syncing, i.e. while it may seem to be related to that, since you're observing the behavior of a system which both involves random numbers and has a coding flaw, you may be making an association which doesn't actually exist. But maybe it does; I'll bear that in mind when I attempt to fix it.
Zymos
Now I wish you hadn't even told us that story Adam! very frustrating

I miss that great feature that I don't even know what was but that now I'll never have waah

Oh well, happy to say I use Seq 1 in every patch and it does what I want it to do, and then some.
ElCampesino
studionebula wrote:

Anyway, there will be another Seq 1 update in the future, but exactly when I won't attempt to forecast. Many thanks to all of the people who have jumped in here to answer questions.

Hooraay! It's peanut butter jelly time!
DDJ
It's a great day!

I too am using the SEQ1 as my main sequencer and use it (and it's amazing LFO's) in most patches.
phutureboy
Hey Adam, thanks for sharing this anecdote but from personal experience I would say if it was a meaningful new feature or bug correction don't worry, it will come back to your memory at some point for sure...
Anything to do with reset gate/trigger as per my last post by any chance ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 [all]
Page 58 of 58