MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Audio Damage Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 56, 57, 58  Next [all]
Author New Audio Damage Sequencer
computer controlled
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

How is it programmed? More like a 303 (Analog4) or more akin to a 101? At least as far as slides and rests are concerned. Would be great to have it more 101 style.
Crandall1
It's programmed more like a 606 than either of those, honestly. It is very much in the Elektron style; you just turn the steps on you want, select the note they should be, and go on your merry way. There are (currently) 9 parameters for each step:

1. 1v/Oct quantized value (set with the little keyboard and the +/- 1 oct buttons.)
2. CV1 value
3. CV2 value
4. CV3 value
5. Gate state (gate on off, aux gate on off)
6. Gate length
7. Aux gate length
8. Repeats (the Roland system 100 style ratchetesque thing)
9. Probability (the likelihood the step triggers; defaults to 100%, but can be set.)

These are accessed via three easily reached pages and the three encoders, with the exception of #1. We can add more pages at the risk of adding confusion.

But anyhow, how you program is you activate the note programming mode (essentially the same as hitting the record button once on an Analog Four, MonoMachine, or MachineDrum.) Then you turn the notes you want on or off, and set them in the same manner you would on an Analog Four or MonoMachine. The programming method is very similar to those devices.

The two CV inputs can be set per pattern, and can control all the parameters that it would be appropriate to control with CV. They are essentially modulation sources, and each gets one destination, chosen from a list, that can be any number of things.

We're working out how to add ties (legato) and slide; I don't have an answer for that at this point.
microfauna
Ratchet definition

Is there a bit of confusion here.
I understand ratcheting in the Tangerine Dream style as gate division or (multiple triggers without the step length changing).

Repeat in Roland100 (RYK)/Metropolis is multiple triggers at the clock speed ie step/stage length increases. Is it confusing to be calling this ratcheting?
oscillateur
Having an option to use all these outputs to get several tracks (either 2 with gate/cv/cv or 3 with gate/cv each) running at once would obviously be great It's peanut butter jelly time!
paperCUT
Looks fantastic thumbs up If there's one thing I'd like its big, easy to read text on the panel. The current design looks quite good but if you can squeeze a bigger font that would aid usability.
KONTAKT1968
Does it have force to scale for the CV with both preset scales and user definable?
kstl
Looks really interesting... the SD card option is really useful!
suicidelane
Crandall1 wrote:
It's programmed more like a 606 than either of those, honestly. It is very much in the Elektron style; you just turn the steps on you want, select the note they should be, and go on your merry way. There are (currently) 9 parameters for each step:

1. 1v/Oct quantized value (set with the little keyboard and the +/- 1 oct buttons.)
2. CV1 value
3. CV2 value
4. CV3 value
5. Gate state (gate on off, aux gate on off)
6. Gate length
7. Aux gate length
8. Repeats (the Roland system 100 style ratchetesque thing)
9. Probability (the likelihood the step triggers; defaults to 100%, but can be set.)

These are accessed via three easily reached pages and the three encoders, with the exception of #1. We can add more pages at the risk of adding confusion.

But anyhow, how you program is you activate the note programming mode (essentially the same as hitting the record button once on an Analog Four, MonoMachine, or MachineDrum.) Then you turn the notes you want on or off, and set them in the same manner you would on an Analog Four or MonoMachine. The programming method is very similar to those devices.

The two CV inputs can be set per pattern, and can control all the parameters that it would be appropriate to control with CV. They are essentially modulation sources, and each gets one destination, chosen from a list, that can be any number of things.

We're working out how to add ties (legato) and slide; I don't have an answer for that at this point.

I would love if ties were implemented akin to the FR Möbius: press and hold the step where the tie is to start, and then press the step where the tie is to end. I love all things elektron, but I hate hate hate the way they have implemented legato (ties) and slides on both the A4 and MnM. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the release is Seq1.
Crandall1
I agree with your statement. The Mobius was way better with that. (Although the note entry _sucked_!!!) However, when there's more than 16 steps, that becomes a bit of a problem. That'll take some thinking.

-CR
filtermod
This looks really nice and deep. I really dig the AD plug-ins that I own, and I've been meaning to grab a grainshift, but I think I'll be saving my pennies for this. It should play quite nicely alongside my metropolis! Mr. Randall makes inspiring stuff. thumbs up
exper
Looks cool.

How about Axon VST as a module next! hihi
carlosnyb
microfauna wrote:
Ratchet definition

Is there a bit of confusion here.
I understand ratcheting in the Tangerine Dream style as gate division or (multiple triggers without the step length changing).

Repeat in Roland100 (RYK)/Metropolis is multiple triggers at the clock speed ie step/stage length increases. Is it confusing to be calling this ratcheting?

The concept is new to me but if I understand, sounds like two kinds/modes of ratcheting, one that expands a step and one that is within a step -- it is hard to tell which sequencers do which and how, but options are nice.
maudibe
Holy Bejesus it looks freckin' wicked smile

Seriously you guys, I have your grain shifter and it is lovely… however for this module can we have pots / encoders that are panel mounted please?

Pretty Please?

Now… the question is, what to ditch from the system to make space … another rack? Noooooooo….

Rockin' Banana!
soup
Might the note buttons output CV/Gate when the sequencer isn't (or maybe is) running?
SunSpots
hmm... 3 more cv outs would be a great use of overkill and p locks.

active record of knob movements ... drool... knob recording please!

and yes some scale quantization. at least as many/same as metropolis so they can easily play together.

tick per step gate in, not dependent on consistent clock. I think u have this already.

cv controlled step addressing. so not 1-2-3-4 from a gate, but I send a wonky lfo and get 6-1-3-4-4-8-2 or whatever the lfo shape is.

maybe internal lfos or various kinds to p lock even more mad glitchy stuff? not sure if necessary, but might make it require less cv inputs? stick with two cv inputs for some meta functions, and access 3 internal lfos for other madness.
...but I would rather have more cv outputs FOR SuRe.
Royalston
One thing I love doing with the metropolis is just moving one step pitch while the sequence is playing back - like a melodic development within a held melody. It would be great if one aux assign destination could be assigned to a specific step's pitch, giving CV control over this idea.
Kirk Degiorgio
this looks ace… all i humbly request is that it stops & starts with no glitches when receiving external clock and resets 100% accurate to the final stage, so it starts upon Stage 1 when restarted.

simple requests but quite a few sequencers I've tried fail these simple tasks.

(and judging by the amount of sync/reset threads I'm not the only one who comes across these issues).
itege
Might have to sell my microbrute for one of these...
meatbeatz
Brilliant! and right when I'd almost given up on euro sequencers. The most important thing for me is 100% reliable resetting via external clock and with the option for resetting on both first and last step. And.. by "many other deep features", I hope you mean some tricks found in Numerology and Cirklon. wink
SunSpots
PShh. I ight as well ask for generative mode? with some kind of crafty cv in influence on the way it generates the melody and how it plays the note sequences.

I figure you guys are apt to handle this request. won't be surprised to find that it is not in the unit lol
SunSpots
so... maybe it picks some scaled notes and sticks them in some pattern somehow. then, when I hit a gate in, the unit will slightly modify the pattern. not fully, just a little. hit another gate in... more modification generated.

I am thinking random might not be best. hmmm..... maybe someone more genius can develop this idea further and rap on it with me?
SunSpots
SunSpots wrote:
so... maybe it picks some scaled notes and sticks them in some pattern somehow. then, when I hit a gate in, the unit will slightly modify the pattern. not fully, just a little. hit another gate in... more modification generated.

I am thinking random might not be best. hmmm..... maybe someone more genius can develop this idea further and rap on it with me?

so maybe a gate in takes the current pattern, no matter how it was created. and it can randomly do one of the following
double up a high note
double up a low note
do both
mute the mid range
mute highs, lows, or both
lengthen 2 notes, starting with any notes that have more distance between them than other notes.
shorten all gates, a few gates, all high gates
take 3 notes and shift up an octave... 2,1 notes up Or down
created beat repeats (multiple gates per note) on certain notes. think retriggering but shorter gates maybe? maybe not?
some combination of all of these, a few of these, or maybe one at a time depending on what you set it to. if you set it to 1, it changes one, set It to 10 it changes 10 or less at a time to give more dramatic changes.

you can call it pandora's mode
Crandall1
That's asking a lot for the initial release. :-)

However, software updates in this thing will be relatively simple (just pop out the SD card, jam it in your 'puter, swap out the OS on the card for the new one, back in, flash it, and Bob's your uncle.) We will continually develop it, and I, for one, will strongly lobby for generative features. No real chance of them _not_ showing up, because that sort of thing is our bread and butter.

But for the initial release, we have a lot on our plate already, so it is unlikely that sort of stuff will get in there, other than the note probability I already mentioned.
dslice1
bad ass!
GoneCaving
Looks amazing! Are there any videos of this in action?

Hmm, this or Metropolis? Yeah, yeah, I know, both! Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 56, 57, 58  Next [all]
Page 2 of 58