MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pamela’s New Workout clocking Rene
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Pamela’s New Workout clocking Rene
insoul8
Hey guys, I’m having a bit of trouble clocking x and y on the Rene using Pams. Let’s say for example (and sake of simplicity) I want to just replicate the standard snake mode where Rene plays all the steps in order. I can’t get Pam’s to clock y correctly. When I start it, it always jumps up a row after playing the first step. This is even if I have output 1 at 1x and output 2 at /4x. I know it’s something stupid I’m doing on my part but I’m not getting anywhere. Does anyone else use these two modules together that can shed some light on it for me? Thanks.
Corrupt
To play Rene in snake mode you only clock x. Sending a pulse into y changes the snake shape.
insoul8
Corrupt wrote:
To play Rene in snake mode you only clock x. Sending a pulse into y changes the snake shape.

I know. I was just using that pattern style as an example. I know I should be able to replicate that standard pattern using x and y but I’m having trouble.
lisa
So, when you're sending a trig at /4x you're still sending a trig on the first beat.

1X: xxxxxxxx
/4x x000x000

So what you are describing sounds like the correct behavior. One simple solution to get what you want (as I understand it) is to start with the sequencer on the line below the line you really want to start at.
Corrupt
insoul8 wrote:
Corrupt wrote:

I know. I was just using that pattern style as an example. I know I should be able to replicate that standard pattern using x and y but I’m having trouble.

Ah, with you, sorry. Definitely look to when the Y clock is going out then. You'll have to get it in phase/offset it correctly in Pam's.
insoul8
lisa wrote:
So, when you're sending a trig at /4x you're still sending a trig on the first beat.

1X: xxxxxxxx
/4x x000x000

So what you are describing sounds like the correct behavior. One simple solution to get what you want (as I understand it) is to start with the sequencer on the line below the line you really want to start at.

Yea that makes sense. Wouldn’t I then also need to plug them in at exactly the right time to have it timed properly? I guess that’s just how it is. No option to tell Pam’s to skip the first beat or offset the first. It’s fine. Just want to make sure I’m grasping everything properly.
BaloErets
From Pams set a clock devision that is the same length of your sequence. send that to both your x and y mod inputs in rene and turn on reset for both axis. Then when you start pam's everything will reset on the 1st beat. You should even be safe to unplug the mod inputs until you stop the sequence.
lisa
insoul8 wrote:
Wouldn’t I then also need to plug them in at exactly the right time to have it timed properly?

Um, I don't follow. You can stop Pam's clocks with the start/stop button. Plug the cables in. Set René on the line below the line you want to start at by pushing a plate on that line. Then, when you are ready you'll press play on Pam and everything will be in sync.

Alternatively, as some suggested, you can fiddle with the offset in Pam for the /4x clock. I guess it would work if you offset it by 99%. Then René will switch lines just before the 1x clock triggers the fifth note.
insoul8
lisa wrote:
insoul8 wrote:
Wouldn’t I then also need to plug them in at exactly the right time to have it timed properly?

Um, I don't follow. You can stop Pam's clocks with the start/stop button. Plug the cables in. Set René on the line below the line you want to start at by pushing a plate on that line. Then, when you are ready you'll press play on Pam and everything will be in sync.

Alternatively, as some suggested, you can fiddle with the offset in Pam for the /4x clock. I guess it would work if you offset it by 99%. Then René will switch lines just before the 1x clock triggers the fifth note.

Thanks. Yea, i tried messing with the offset but i think the easier method as mentioned above is to just set rene on the line below where i want to start.
insoul8
Double post!
BaloErets
Just use the reset's on the Rene. That's what they are there for thumbs up
Nutritional Zero
Anybody else got any tips to start René playing from a desired coordinate with Pam's (or some other solution)? The CLK RST solution is the best I've seen, but I don't want to unplug the jacks or manually disable the CLK RST parameters while playing.

How about this, what about a trigger that fires exactly once, whenever the Start button is pressed on Pam's, multed to X-MOD and Y-MOD with whatever other gate source is being used for the X-FUNs and Y-FUNs?
Nutritional Zero
Ah, here we go, might be onto something here.

From the Pamela's manual

Quote:
There are also 4 special ‘utility’ types of modifier mainly for working with external devices; constant ‘on’ and ‘off’ gates, a single initial start pulse and a single final pulse fired when the stops (both indicated by pulse symbol).

I had no idea Pam's could do that. Well, problem solved I think?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1