MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Neinohnein Clap CA3080 alternative
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Neinohnein Clap CA3080 alternative
toneburst
I'm trying to find a local (UK) supplier for the CA3080 component at IC1 on the Neinohnein Clap PCB. I'm wondering if any CA3080 variant would do the job. The recommended component from Small Bear is a CA3080AE, in a DIP8 package. I can find those on UK eBay, but they're quite pricey. Would the CA3080E (also DIP8) also work?

Incidentally, it might be worth adding a note to the Mouser cart somehow, to the effect that not all items in the BOM are included. I only realised the CA3080 wasn't there when I started to populate the board. I'm hoping the same isn't the case with the other Mouser carts, now...

a|x
Barnetric
The 3080E is the 3080 "E" is for Dip 8 package.

That's been a discontinued part for awhile. I think somewhere like small bear or ebay are really your only options.

There is also a 3080A variant that has an extended temperature range and different gm spread, but that's seems like just a bin sort for Automotive. I think he calls out plain old 3080 on the bom, but either should work fine.
toneburst
Thanks very much for the info, Barnetric. I managed to find an 'E' variant on eBay. Hopefully, that will do the job.

a|x
synthcube
We sell these, and I think thonk in the UK might stock them. Utsource also have them, and seanpark just did a big group buy.
JRC4558D
synthcube wrote:
We sell these, and I think thonk in the UK might stock them. Utsource also have them, and seanpark just did a big group buy.

I've just bought two from your website, I really hope they work! smile.
cheers,
Norgatron
Just passing by to say there seem to be plenty on eBay in the UK. Guitar pedal people seem to have us synth people covered here.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1