MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LZX Visual Cortex module announcement
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author LZX Visual Cortex module announcement
lizlarsen
Here is a video accompaniment to the Basic Patches PDF. Nothing fancy, just a basic walkthrough of primary functions.
thebrotherspus
That video was awesome and super helpful!! Thanks so much Liz! w00t
I hope there will be more videos in the series.
Thanks again! thumbs up
ThatFunnyLookinGuy
So I've been playing around with my cortex for the past week or so and have been loving it! Ya'll rock we're not worthy Just one question though, on my transition controller, one of the positions doesn't fully fade to zero. The led flashes ever-so-slightly and the image corresponding to that position on the slider is still somewhat visible. Inverting the controller does nothing, it just makes the issue switch sides as it seemingly should. Is there like a small trimpot or something I can adjust to fix this?
lizlarsen
That doesn't seem right. Can you PM me the exact patch details/switch settings and possibly a screenshot?
thebrotherspus
ThatFunnyLookinGuy wrote:
So I've been playing around with my cortex for the past week or so and have been loving it! Ya'll rock we're not worthy Just one question though, on my transition controller, one of the positions doesn't fully fade to zero. The led flashes ever-so-slightly and the image corresponding to that position on the slider is still somewhat visible. Inverting the controller does nothing, it just makes the issue switch sides as it seemingly should. Is there like a small trimpot or something I can adjust to fix this?

Mine seems to do this too. I'll do some more tests to make absolute sure though.
Van
thebrotherspus wrote:

Mine seems to do this too. I'll do some more tests to make absolute sure though.

Can you post a test patch Liz ...mine may do this too......
lizlarsen
It seems like the subtle LED blink is a glitch with the PWM code, and it shouldn't affect anything in the circuit. I'll get that fixed and post the firmware when I do.

I don't think there is an issue with the crossfader not going 0% to 100%, but I'll look into it. If you see that, please e-mail me some screenshots and also a shot of the frontpanel to show me where all the switches and controls are.

Just to reassure you all; when I release firmware upgrades/fixes in the future, I'll be posting those and upload instructions -- or always happy to upgrade firmware here and pay return shipping if it's a bug fix or something similar.
4mspedals
thebrotherspus wrote:
oh, by the way, does anyone know where i can get one of those sync chain cables? i've tried the contact form on the lzx website as well as PM here, but no answer as of yet.
thanks.

I can make you one if you still need it. Send me an email or PM with the length you need and number of connectors.
lizlarsen
Forgot to address that in my post. I've got thebrotherspus sorted out with cables. If anyone needs a sync cable, shoot me a PM!
Dirty_Bill
Super Quick and Dirty, shot with a camera after an hour of patching, video feedback with the VisCor:

Un1 Piano
I was wondering if anyone had come across this when using the LZX visual cortex.

There seems to be a band of colour down the right hand side of the screen that is less saturated than the left. Its pretty much the same through the full colour spectrum.

I've tried two different monitors and all of the cortex outputs but the result is the same. I even moved the screens thinking it may be a magnetic or electrical source that was the issue.

See photo above. Am i missing something in the settings?
lizlarsen
Hi Un1 --
That gradient modulation is a known issue on a few modules we've seen so far, and we're currently investigating it. This only shows up on the CVBS outputs, by the way, it is related to the internal encoder chip. So if you are recording the output, you can use a Component based capture/recording device for now. If it is an issue that is bothering you (or any of you) please e-mail me at liz@lzxindustries.net so I have your contact info when I finish documenting a fix.
Ty
Hey Liz,

I think I have a sync issue. The sync lock light never comes on (in any color) and video that I bring in via the Color TBC is in full color when patched but its "off" to the right a bit with a black bar on the left hand side. NTSC light is on as it should be.

I checked other sources and used the same source with other devices and no problems there...

I double checked my sync cables and switches on the back of the Cortex and have not had any success there either.

I plugged in a VWG into the Cortex and it took up the whole screen nice and steady, as it should - so it must be something between my CTBC and the Cortex. Any ideas?

Still having fun though! nanners

Ty
lizlarsen
Hey Ty!

That's an issue with the TBC, not the Cortex (the offset bar on the left.) Please send the TBC in to me and I'll get it fixed. It's just a single resistor value swap.

The sync light only comes on when you're slaving the Cortex to an external device (via the input decoder or sync input on the backpanel.) Try patching a DVD player's composite output into the green jack on the input decoder and you should see the LED light up.
Ty
Well, shoot. I was hoping it was an user error. hihi

Thanks for the quick reply!
sync24
woo hoo!
mine arrived at the beginning of this week - fantastic hyper
my only problem is getting near it - my wife loves it!!!
MrNovember
So recently I've been toying with the idea of integrating my euro into video synth. I haven't worked my way through the sticky thread yet but this looks like it may be the perfect place to start
sync24
MrNovember wrote:
So recently I've been toying with the idea of integrating my euro into video synth. I haven't worked my way through the sticky thread yet but this looks like it may be the perfect place to start

I think this is a great place to start - the Visual Cortex is the only actual euroack module I have (so far) and it's great fun sending it stuff from my DPO, Maths etc.
I have a few of http://gieskes.nl/ DIY things, too, like the 3TrinsRGB1c, so once I get some kind of video mixer I don't think I'll have put too much of a dint in my bank account... thumbs up
MrNovember
sync24 wrote:
MrNovember wrote:

I think this is a great place to start - the Visual Cortex is the only actual euroack module I have (so far) and it's great fun sending it stuff from my DPO, Maths etc.
I have a few of http://gieskes.nl/ DIY things, too, like the 3TrinsRGB1c, so once I get some kind of video mixer I don't think I'll have put too much of a dint in my bank account... thumbs up

I like the looks of the 3Trins too but it doesn't seem like something I could really integrate as well. I also saw the Critter and Guitari Video Scope which would be a cheaper alternative
sync24
MrNovember wrote:
sync24 wrote:
MrNovember wrote:

I like the looks of the 3Trins too but it doesn't seem like something I could really integrate as well. I also saw the Critter and Guitari Video Scope which would be a cheaper alternative

that's fair enough - i was seduced by the rusty faceplates as well as the DIY build smile
Cata

Got my VC in today! Already posted this over on Facebook but man, this has to be one of the most gorgeous modules I own! love
giantmecha
Hey y'all,

Loving my Visual Cortex, but having some sync issues. When I run my Critter and Guitari B&W Video Scope (composite) into the VC, I get this distorted/unusable signal, and the Sync light on the VC flickers. Likewise, when I run a video from my iPad (component) into the VC, the image looks ok but it's repeated on the screen, and continuously scrolls horizontally. I've tried flipping the Decoder switch on the back, and going into both the front and back inputs, but no luck. Any ideas?

Also, is it possible to create internal video feedback with the VC?
jbartee
Really simple patch but thought I'd share to give an idea of what can be done with only Visual Cortex + audio modules:

Un1 Piano
Really enjoying that JBartee
ebbflo
Un1 Piano wrote:
Really enjoying that JBartee

yes very nice. i often get lost by mashing bunches of signals together. thanks for the grounding.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 6 of 9