MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LZX Visual Cortex module announcement
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author LZX Visual Cortex module announcement
tenshun
destroythings wrote:
destroythings wrote:
Has anyone else had a issue with patch cables not sitting correctly when patched? Some of mine dont seem to click in fully and pop out?

Going to take it out of its case tomorrow and take a look.

I submitted a support ticket 2 weeks ago for this issue but have yet to receive a response. Can anyone advise if this kind of wait is normal?

i am still waiting for a response on a submission ticket i submitted on the 18th of January for my blue potentiometer.

hopefully i get a response!

its kinda frustrating not having a piece of gear not working 100%

the visual cortex is a nice piece of gear that can really flip video signals and i wish it can function to its full potential.
destroythings
tenshun wrote:
destroythings wrote:
destroythings wrote:
Has anyone else had a issue with patch cables not sitting correctly when patched? Some of mine dont seem to click in fully and pop out?

I submitted a support ticket 2 weeks ago for this issue but have yet to receive a response. Can anyone advise if this kind of wait is normal?

i am still waiting for a response on a submission ticket i submitted on the 18th of January for my blue potentiometer.

the visual cortex is a nice piece of gear that can really flip video signals and i wish it can function to its full potential.

Curious if anyone has received a response from LZX with regards to support. Have a £600 module that i haven't been able to fully use yet and still no response from LZX.
tenshun
destroythings wrote:
tenshun wrote:
destroythings wrote:
destroythings wrote:

Curious if anyone has received a response from LZX with regards to support. Have a £600 module that i haven't been able to fully use yet and still no response from LZX.

i finally got a Reply from Lzx.

Lars said they are slowly getting caught up with the emails and told me i can send my Visual Cortex in for warranty repair.
i mailed it out yesterday hopefully i will not have to wait too long to get it back like it did for them to reply to my ticket submission.

i guess i will find out.
destroythings
Great hopefully i should here back soon then.

Thanks
eth
Has anyone successfully used the Video IO connections headers on the back of the Visual Cortex PCB? Additionally, can I simultaneously output from the frontpanel RCA jacks and these headers? I'm thinking about making a cable to route through the back of my case so I don't have 6 clunky-ass RCA cables in the way of my patches.

Dirty_Bill
I have used the RGB pins to get the raw output signal (these need to be buffered to use back in the synth itself). I imaging the other connectors could just be used - but that would be a question for Lars. Or give it a try, I don't think it could hurt anything.
eth
Dirty_Bill wrote:
I have used the RGB pins to get the raw output signal (these need to be buffered to use back in the synth itself). I imaging the other connectors could just be used - but that would be a question for Lars. Or give it a try, I don't think it could hurt anything.

Cool, any advice on building a cable? Solder some wire and crimp some female header pins? Any shielding problems? It'd be nice to have a 2x3 female jumper that terminates in RCA cables for Component in/out on the back. I'll probably just prototype with some cheap 2-pin female jumpers before going all out... thanks!
destroythings
tenshun wrote:
destroythings wrote:
tenshun wrote:
destroythings wrote:
destroythings wrote:

Lars said they are slowly getting caught up with the emails and told me i can send my Visual Cortex in for warranty repair.
i mailed it out yesterday hopefully i will not have to wait too long to get it back like it did for them to reply to my ticket submission.

i guess i will find out.

It appears the support page and ticket system from lzx has gone. I tried to add some info to a existing report and it's gone. If i try and raise a new report the page no longer exists on the website.

I have a faulty module have been unable to get any response from LZX Industries.
cskonopka
destroythings wrote:
tenshun wrote:
destroythings wrote:
tenshun wrote:
destroythings wrote:
destroythings wrote:

i guess i will find out.

It appears the support page and ticket system from lzx has gone. I tried to add some info to a existing report and it's gone. If i try and raise a new report the page no longer exists on the website.

I have a faulty module have been unable to get any response from LZX Industries.

That stinks! Have you tried the facebook group? This could be a place to post and gain traction since a fair amount of the community is also linked to the LX or Video Circuits group. Sorry to hear you have been going through that, I'd be at doorstep. Patience of a saint.
tenshun
cskonopka wrote:
destroythings wrote:
tenshun wrote:
destroythings wrote:
tenshun wrote:
destroythings wrote:
destroythings wrote:

i guess i will find out.

That stinks! Have you tried the facebook group? This could be a place to post and gain traction since a fair amount of the community is also linked to the LX or Video Circuits group. Sorry to hear you have been going through that, I'd be at doorstep. Patience of a saint.

i would just send them a comment on the lzx site. i did that multiple times and they finally got back to me.

i am still waiting for my Visual Cortex to get back from warrenty repair.

i will post when it arrives. Hopefully soon!
tenshun
my repaired Visual Cortex arrived yesterday and it seems to be working 100% again! It's peanut butter jelly time!
cskonopka
tenshun wrote:
my repaired Visual Cortex arrived yesterday and it seems to be working 100% again! It's peanut butter jelly time!

AR126
tenshun wrote:

very good news,indeed...
Cat-A-Tonic
I'll probably find the answer after RTFM, but...

The Cortex doesn't seem to put H and V sync on the bussboard like the old IO modules did.

Is there still a way to normal the sync on my VWGs?
nerdware
I can't comment on your VC, but mine works very well with my VWGs when they're on the same bus. The Sync Bridge cable will help with that.

I currently have the VC in a different cabinet, so I link the 2 buses using a Doepfer A-185-1. However, Frame sync must go into the gate input and Line sync into the CV input. I guess the gate side just isn't fast enough. Anyway, the VWGs don't care. I just use the down position on the sync switch for Line sync. The PR won't work on this weird system because the signals are swapped on the buses and the PR's sync switch is linked to the freq range. The VWG is more flexible in this area.
Nino
is there by any chance a rough time frame when the visual cortex will be in stock again?
cheers
Cobramatic
Dirty_Bill wrote:

Interested to know how you buffer the signals - is there a simple DIY solution for that?
And please excuse my ignorance - but why must they be buffered as appose to using them raw?

Thx.
TERRORVISION
Nino wrote:
is there by any chance a rough time frame when the visual cortex will be in stock again?
cheers

current production timeline is looking like November
moremagic
i just ordered one and im hype as hell for it!
schwittersplayspop
Is a Visual Cortex and a Bridge a decent starter system if you have some varied existing Eurorack gear?
nerdware
Yes, definitely a good starter system. That's the ideal combo for adding to an existing modular synth. thumbs up
slugbulb
Hi,
I have been having issues getting component video into my visual cortex. I have tried with 2 separate dvd players, several different cables, ntsc and pal.
The composite input works just fine from both of these dvd players.
From the component outputs of one of the players I get no lock indicator at all and the other I get an unable to lock indicator. I get a very slow horizontal scroll with the no lock player, and a fast horizontal scroll with the unable to lock one.
I can provide more details on how I have things set up if anybody thinks they may be able to help, but in general I am just curious how finicky the input decoder is and if there is a solid way I could troubleshoot to determine if it is the source or the input decoder that is the problem?
Other advice I've seen around seems to suggest that you just have to try things until you find something that works.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
nerdware
Just to clarify, when you say ntsc and pal, are you refering to the ntsc/pal switch on the back of the VC? I think that must be what you mean, but I'd like to confirm that rather than just assume it.
slugbulb
nerdware wrote:
Just to clarify, when you say ntsc and pal, are you refering to the ntsc/pal switch on the back of the VC? I think that must be what you mean, but I'd like to confirm that rather than just assume it.
yes, that is correct.
slugbulb
I also had a sync issue with the composite output of a vcr where it was unable to lock and had horizontal scroll when connected to the input decoder, when i plugged this composite out direct into the liquid tv it played fine. This was confusing to me, if anybody could explain how that could be it would be very helpful to me. Or would this be an indicator of an issue with the input decoder?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 8 of 9