MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

and Bugs are HERE!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author and Bugs are HERE!
darenager
As usual super quick dispatch from Tom, and as usual brilliant modules.

Only had enough time to have a quick play, did not try the vca yet, but the filter is really nice - very suitable for acid when using LPF, I like the fact it does not self oscillate, and nice high pass response too, notch seems good for phasey stuff when swept with lfo etc, bandpass reminds me of the EDP wasp.

The weevil sounds nice too, very fat squarewaves, had a blast making squidgey bass with the filter, also tuning the 3 osc's quite high and running thru hpf you can get some nice 808ish cymbals/hats, and 808 cowbell and other nice percussive stuff using bpf. Love the ringmod too, and the sync yields some surprising stuff quite unlike traditional oscillators.

Had a bit of a panic when I first powered it up, I had the starve control fully ccw and the LEDs did not come on, but when I turned it cw it sprang into life d'oh!

I really like the look of the Bugbrand stuff, especially the LED covers - look like they belong on the Nautalis lol

I am looking foreward to making some chords with the touchplate and weevil later hihi

Cheers Tom beer!
darenager
CVing the starve control with an envelope is insane, b'jesus!
BugBrand
Excellent!

Yes -- glad you've already discovered the possibilitites of 'powering it up' using an Env (or similar) into the Starve VC control.

Screeeeeech.

PS -- try using it as a clocking source (Lo Freq operation) - especially with Sync switched on - 90% of the time I seem to use the SYN1 for rhythmic rather than audio duties. (often just taking the individual outs -- the Ring output is also good to modulate VCF, for example)

Yum!
Ekofisk
I've had great fun using my Boardweevil as a CV source for my Blacet VCOs. With a lot of starvation, things tend to get "rythmic".
darenager
Heh, Tom I just emailed you before reading this.

I was experimenting with exactly this last night, I had osc3 set lo output going into CV2, CV3 being controlled by the ctl1, then feeding the ring output into FM input on the blacet VCO, and pressure quenching the power via the starve input - proper alien radiophonic cacaphony.

thumbs up
Ekofisk
Yes, damn you and your SYN1s!
opsysbug
Oh man.
They are in the mail...waiting !
FrankV
So earlier this afternoon, there was this thump on the front porch. Mail's here. Hmmm. Ah, look! What's this? A box from the UK! w00t

Wholesome BugBrand Goodness!

That puts me at:
CTL1,
PRC1 PTDelay,
PRC2 Bug Crusher,
PRC3A State Variable Filter,
PRC4 dual LPG,
UTL3 dual VCA.
(plus modcan VCDO, banana'd Blacet EG1 and not-yet-banana'd micro LFO)

Right, then , back to noise making... hihi

Frank
revmutt
Another batch has landed in DOGtown.

The nice thing about Tom's designs is it's unique sounding and system focused.
opsysbug
Ahh Dog you devil dog why you and not me ?
Manhattan before Brooklyn huh ? It's my damn crack smokin' Post Office
I know it !!
seriously, i just don't get it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFjIX1vxNTs
revmutt
opsysbug wrote:
I know it !!
seriously, i just don't get it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFjIX1vxNTs

Clearly you have not been to my local post office. The acts of shame and crime while in uniform are numerous on any given day.

They are delicious modules though!
opsysbug
lol
darenager
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47FDwsQlJPE

Quick example of the LPF acidic sound, love this filter - extremely versatile

thumbs up

Ekofisk
Love it.

The SV filter really has quite a pleasant tone, and sounds great on just about anything IMO.
BugBrand
opsysbug wrote:
I know it !!

Awh... I reckon that other US parcels will probably arrive today! That'd be typical for the 1week usual delivery for Airsure. Just a hunch - I remember many of the last batch being apparently held up around the NY import point - but then they all got delivered around the same time.

Hey and Daren --- NICE STUFF!
flippantminister
BugBrand wrote:
I reckon that other US parcels will probably arrive today!

actually, US packages will not arrive today, as it's a government holiday... tomorrow though? hyper
BananaPlug
My first pack-o-bugs!
Here's a clip of these modules with some modulation assistance from a Modcan 61A and typical EG, mix, VCA, pulse divider stuff. I do the fade up and fade out and the rest is auto pilot.
The SYN1 Weevil is every oscillator you hear and it's also clocking the PRC1 Touch panel which is acting as a sequencer here. The SV filter and PT delay do the rest. The SYN1 is an amazingly rich, versatile and strange oscillator.
miditerranean
Nice pic BananaPlug! nanners I'm going to have to check out that clip once I get home.

Mine should be arriving shortly although I wasn't able to pick up the SYN1 this time o'round.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1