MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Phaser pedal kits??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Phaser pedal kits??
climbingtyler
Any good phaser DIY kits you guys recommend?

I'd prefer something that runs on the standard boss 9v center negative power and has some CV and a decent amount of control.

Thanks in advance!
-Tyler
AlanP
The Lovetone Doppelganger is one of the best -- Lacesensor in the UK (think he's on diysb) currently has some PCB's designed for a 1790NS enclosure (he only sells the pcb, not everything, a PDF is provided though.) The pots and (nonfoot)switches are pcbmounted.

If you have too much spare time and strong OCD, the Prophecysound Infinitphase has a veroboard project on diysb from Digi2T. This one has a shitload of flying wires to the pots, though, and ten tons of wire links and vero.

Mad Bean Pedals also sells the Stage Fright, pretty basic phaser, along with boards for the Phase 45 and 90.

All of these are pcb only.

The Doppelganger is my favourite phaser. Separate HF and LF controls, option to run two LFO's, or one LFO in or opposite sync for HF and LF... dead cool. You can also attach foot pedal to control speed, or take the speed down to five minute long sweeps.
climbingtyler
AlanP
Awesome! I'll check those out!

Thanks!
Cheradenine
There's the Phaseur Fleur from 4ms too
Kingnimrod
There's a eurorack DIY phaser from frequency central, if you plan on using it in your modular setup. I built it - pretty decent.
climbingtyler
Kingnimrod
That's cool man. I'll look into it. I'm basically out of HP and I don't want another case so I'm trying to go the pedal route.

Cheradenine
Ooh! I'll check that one out as well!
Kingnimrod
I don't know this "out of hp" you speak of. There is only the next case.
ninjadru
Kingnimrod wrote:

Haha this just cracked me up! Looking at my full case. Thinking about just 1 more...
sempervirent
climbingtyler wrote:
Kingnimrod
That's cool man. I'll look into it. I'm basically out of HP and I don't want another case so I'm trying to go the pedal route.

Kingnimrod wrote:

Yep. It's time.
climbingtyler
help Dead Banana
n0rd
Not a pedal but there's NLC Phase-flange. Modular Addict has a video demo of it.
forestcaver
I’ve built two phase 90 clones (byoc pcb and other parts sourced seperately) and love them....
pricklyrobot
strassercaster wrote:
byoc has great phaser kits. You could buy the jfets from small bear as well

+1 thumbs up

The current offerings: https://buildyourownclone.com/collections/modulation

The older 2-knob BYOC Phase 90 clone was the first soldering I ever did. And it’s still going strong 10 (maybe more?) years later.
BYOC have great kits and documentation, as well as a knowledgeable and active discussion/support forum.

Mad Bean is excellent for PCB-only stuff. Decent forum there as well.

General Guitar Gadgets also has some decent complete kits with solid build docs.
abelovesfun
I built the phase 90 clone from mad bean pedals, and quite like it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1