MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moon Modular 569 function switch? Opinions??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Moon Modular 569 function switch? Opinions??
Morley
Can someone explain how this works? If I put a step switch into function mode, how can I program a skip and a reset on the same row?
Am highly tempted by this sequencer to go with my Polyfusion and being in Europe, it makes it easier for me...
I remember John Rice having issues that were due to calibration of the quantizer, but they seemed to get solved. Any other user reports?
Thx!
David
MindMachine
Drool... (master) help a brother out!!!???
suitandtieguy
it is skip or reset, you can't use both on the same row.
Nelson Baboon
yeah - that is correct. You can set the function switch per step, but how that function switch works is per row...
mono-poly
David if you email Gert the owner off Moon Modular he'll happy answer your questions.
He owns a nice vintage black modular and he is a real lover and knows his stuff pretty well.
Nelson Baboon
note - it seems to me that you could essentially set the input expander up to skip steps also. I haven't used it for that purpose, but why not?
Morley
mono-poly wrote:
David if you email Gert the owner off Moon Modular he'll happy answer your questions.
He owns a nice vintage black modular and he is a real lover and knows his stuff pretty well.

Thx±!
I guess he is at Namm though
It's a shame as I would have liked to have a sequence running at say 7 note length and still have the option to skip on the fly, but I guess the expanders allow that somehow!
Still, looks like a superb sequencer and I think it's decided.
Morley
droolmaster0 wrote:
note - it seems to me that you could essentially set the input expander up to skip steps also. I haven't used it for that purpose, but why not?

I reckon so and THX for your e-mails about this :-)
Appreciate it. thumbs up
LesMoMo
Hi David,
I would have loved to use 4-position toggle switches ;-)
We did think a lot about what to combine by not imposing too many restrictions.
I do think that if you just want to stick to a length of seven "skipping" the 8th step is the way to go.
An alternative would be to use an output of the output expander (569eg) and to patch that one to the reset input of that row.
Basically the combination of both expanders does allow you to "start" at any position and the gate expander to end at any postion.
Weird results to be encoutered if set is positioning beyond reset. And in addition you change direction to reverse ...

Gert
Morley
LesMoMo wrote:
Hi David,
I would have loved to use 4-position toggle switches ;-)
We did think a lot about what to combine by not imposing too many restrictions.
I do think that if you just want to stick to a length of seven "skipping" the 8th step is the way to go.
An alternative would be to use an output of the output expander (569eg) and to patch that one to the reset input of that row.
Basically the combination of both expanders does allow you to "start" at any position and the gate expander to end at any postion.
Weird results to be encoutered if set is positioning beyond reset. And in addition you change direction to reverse ...

Gert

Gert, thanks!
yes, I understand that lines must be drawn and as long as there is another way to do it, I'm fine with it.
If I was to add one 2u module to a 569, which module would you suggest as being the most useful? Also, will you be at Frankfurt? If so, I could check it all out there..
David
LesMoMo
Hi David,
the set input expander because the reset could be achieved by using the gate out of a "spare" row. In this case with the restriction to 8-step and 16-step modes, of course.
We won't be at Frankfurt this year - teaming up with Schneiders is the only way to handle it from a cost point of view.

Gert
JohnLRice
Morley wrote:
Can someone explain how this works? If I put a step switch into function mode, how can I program a skip and a reset on the same row?
Am highly tempted by this sequencer to go with my Polyfusion and being in Europe, it makes it easier for me...
I remember John Rice having issues that were due to calibration of the quantizer, but they seemed to get solved. Any other user reports?
Thx!
David

Hi David,

I just got back from NAMM today myself. I just mentioned this in another thread but basically I managed to get the quantizers in my M569 calibrated 'very' close and I know I could get them to be probably perfect if I had the patience but Gert says he has redesigned the the calibration section and will send me a new main board when he gets one done. I'll report back after I get it etc.

John
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1