MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dave Smith Modular???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Dave Smith Modular???
pwranml
They just posted their new synth and in the video there is a eurorack module that appears to be their curtis filter. They didn't even say anything about it yet it seems. Let the speculation begin I guess.

Module shown 5 minutes in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNp85kiMXK0#t=302
jc3music
+ 1 million for Dave Smith Eurorack! I want them all and I want them NOW!!!!!
ignatius
fano
Oh, that would be great! Love their filters!
fano
ignatius wrote:

Looks super legit. I think it's happening.
hpsounds
thumbs up

Somebody in the MuffShop circle (I think that it was ignatius oops ) slipped some weeks ago about in the forum about something like this ! So, I was waiting for this kind of things.

Nice ! hyper

H.
plogbidman
OLYH IHST !!! Dead Banana
ignatius
hpsounds wrote:
thumbs up

Somebody in the MuffShop circle (I think that it was ignatius oops ) slipped some weeks ago about in the forum about something like this ! So, I was waiting for this kind of things.

Nice ! hyper

H.

wasn't me. it's a surprise to me as is to all of you guys. i wonder how it'll stack up to the Z2040 and Filtare?

filter from them seems an obvious choice but i'd rather see them put out an oscillator w/the wave seqeuncing like in the evolver etc.
pwranml
So it appears to be a combo filter and vca?

Anyone know whats going on underneath the resonance knob? I've been squinting at that for a minute now.
Crandall1
Oops. I know, but I just redacted it.
hpsounds
@ ignatius

Or maybe it was Crandall1, here or on his blog or ... I don't really remember how I have guessed it. hmmm..... hihi

H.
Crandall1
Nope. I definitely haven't said anything, although I've known for quite a while. Must have been someone else.
Cata
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang
alamandra
do it dave do it do more of it then some more.
Orson
That's really cool to see !
Hope they come up with interesting modules (Like a module of the "character" section of the Prophet 12 or of the Evolver Osc)
nucleus
Amazing they ve gone modular. Not thrilled over the dave smith filter flava but definitely buying it
alamandra
Orson wrote:
That's really cool to see !
Hope they come up with interesting modules (Like a module of the "character" section of the Prophet 12 or of the Evolver Osc)

to half echo you and half expand on this, I wonder if the effects side of it might end up in modular, oh by it I mean evolver.
mr.freeman
It's motherfucking bacon yo
sloth713
I think it would be cool if they released a FX module that had the: air, girth, hack, decimate, and drive character effects from the Prophet 12's and Pro2's character section.
bodo
Well... it does say 'DMS01', so this could be part of a series om modules seriously, i just don't get it

Hope so, never found the filter of the Evolver _that_ exciting, it has ben more of a more-than-a-sum-of-its parts kind of synth for me.
plogbidman
DSI is going eurorack... Will Moog or/and Korg go eurorack ???
sloth713
plogbidman wrote:
DSI is going eurorack... Will Moog or/and Korg go eurorack ???

I personal doubt it (but would love to be proven wrong). DSI is still a small 3 or 4 person operation AFAIK so they have far more flexibility to go and do more "wild" things than humongous Korg or medium/smallish Moog. Also it seems to me that Dave is currently more in the mindset of having synth fun is more important than making lots of money.
suboptimal
Interesting. I'm with others in hoping they module-ize some of the more interesting bits of their synths. The filter seems like a sensible place to begin, if they're really going to launch into it, but Eurorack's filter market is pretty saturated.
wellurban
suboptimal wrote:
Eurorack's filter market is pretty saturated.

Well, we all like a nice bit of saturation.
CF3
Always thought the filter in the DSI synths were the least interesting part. You really gotta work with it to hit some sweet spots. Hopefully he releases something a little more exotic like the oscillator section of the P12.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3