MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modcan 68B matrix filter demos are up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Modcan 68B matrix filter demos are up
ignatius
sounds pretty nice. i'm still hoping for the 48db lowpass filter in A series.

http://www.modcan.com/bseries/matrixfilter.html

"The 68B Matrix filter is based on the filters of the Matrix 12 and Expander synths of the 80's. While not a direct clone this design uses modern components in place of the CEM custom ICs used in the original. The filter responses and sound are faithful to the classic design. The 16 filters are divided into two banks with selection from the front panel via BANK toggle switch. Each of the 8 filters in a bank is provided with a separate output for external mixing and cross fading down-line."
dude
i don't mean to diminish the creative design at all, but i wish there was less filter r+d and more filling of the growing backlog.

basically, i (quite admittedly selfish) just want my order to be filled.
ignatius
dude wrote:
i don't mean to diminish the creative design at all, but i wish there was less filter r+d and more filling of the growing backlog.

basically, i (quite admittedly selfish) just want my order to be filled.

i just want them in A series! hyper

what ya waiting on? been waiting long? B-series or A series?

i'm expecting an order end of the month or early February.

chances are the designs have been in the works for a long long time. he's been pretty productive in recent years w/new modules and from what i can tell has kept things pretty balanced as far as filing orders and still coming out w/the new stuff.

not that i know how long you've been waiting or what your delivery expectation/date was.. but as long as i'm told up front honestly how long an order will take then i'm fine w/it.

last i heard from him (via email) he said he had a pretty big order he was finishing up. that was a month or two ago.

re: the filter. i think it sounds good but i'm more interested in the 48db one. that deep bass is just awesome.
dude
i am waiting on a 66b control. i don't remember when i placed the order exactly but i know he said he was booked so far out that he couldn't even give me an estimated delivery date beyond april/may-ish. i haven't heard from him since. i wasn't pleased by that. he was clear on the fact that he couldn't give me a clear date and told me that if i was uncomfortable with that, then i shouldn't put down the payment. so on one level he was very up-front/clear.
sduck
Hmmm - that looks like the filter Paul Schreiber said he was going to produce for the motm line, but then changed his mind. I wonder if the 2 of them got together and decided who was going to do what, so as not to step on each other's toes?
ignatius
dude wrote:
i am waiting on a 66b control. i don't remember when i placed the order exactly but i know he said he was booked so far out that he couldn't even give me an estimated delivery date beyond april/may-ish. i haven't heard from him since. i wasn't pleased by that. he was clear on the fact that he couldn't give me a clear date and told me that if i was uncomfortable with that, then i shouldn't put down the payment. so on one level he was very up-front/clear.

i ordered a couple modules once and he said "honestly you're looking at 6 months because i have a 100+ module order to fill". but usually it's been average of 2 months wait time. i was like "damn! 100+ modules! i guess its good to have some rockstar clients".. which it was.. couple rockstars jumped on the modcan train.

whatever keeps him in business making modules is a good thing.. well, that's how i look at it. but yeah.. long waits are a bummer. i don't think anyone will come close to my 4 year cyndustries quad lowpass gate wait. talk about absurdity.

sduck wrote:

Hmmm - that looks like the filter Paul Schreiber said he was going to produce for the motm line, but then changed his mind. I wonder if the 2 of them got together and decided who was going to do what, so as not to step on each other's toes?

do manufacturers do that?
haricots
I received my 01B VCO just a few weeks ago. I gave Bruce the money in Nov. and received it basically the week he said I would. I did slip my order in at the same time he received an insanely big order so I was lucky. I think the wait is now 6 months. :(
decaying.sine
Emailed Bruce the other day about the 48dB and his estimate was summer for B series. He doesn't have panels for A series but I think he said possibly summer for those. From what it seems, he is usually fairly close about delivery dates.

100+ modules eek! WTF?
dude
when i placed my order he said fucking 500 in front mine!!!!
decaying.sine
holy shit. he must be organized because he has released a couple designs in this time too. I am sure the R & D was done beforehand, but it still takes some massive effort. that is a fucking insane amount.
decaying.sine
ignatius wrote:
sounds pretty nice. i'm still hoping for the 48db lowpass filter in A series.

http://www.modcan.com/bseries/matrixfilter.html

By the way, I really liked the demos of this filter. Really rich set of sounds, at least to my ears. I like those bandpass ones a lot. They're badass.
ignatius
decaying.sine wrote:

100+ modules eek! WTF?

some anonymous french guys who wear shiny masks and make the hits and make you harder better faster stronger Boba Fett

not sure if that was told tome in confidence or not.. i hope not. hmmm.....

and he got another big order right after that for a certain producer who was working on the new record for "the band of the decade" (according to billboard magazine). huh? huh? huh? huh? d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! meh

http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/story.html?id=2330688
dude
figures daft punk would want modcan hihi
BTByrd
NICKELBACK?
Oh the humanity!
decaying.sine
ignatius wrote:
some anonymous french guys who wear shiny masks and make the hits and make you harder better faster stronger Boba Fett

BTByrd wrote:
NICKELBACK?
Oh the humanity!

Well, guess I am drinking on Tuesday night then.

I'm totally fine with "to each his own," but Native Instruments is nice too.
Send them the weblink. http://www.native-instruments.com hihi
bwhittington
decaying.sine wrote:

By the way, I really liked the demos of this filter. Really rich set of sounds, at least to my ears. I like those bandpass ones a lot. They're badass.

I agree. Particularly enjoyed the bandpass demos. I'm not exactly sure why, but they made me think of Vince Clarke.

Cheers,
Brian
NV
I imagine his wait time varies according to the module ordered. I'm not entirely sure how he runs the assembly of his modules, but even if he's just doing it by hand himself it would be quicker and easier to assemble a number of the same modules in one go rather than jump between different designs, so I would guess some orders would be fulfilled a bit quicker than others according to what modules are in his backlog.
haricots
The Matrix Filter is at the top of my want list. Bruce doesn't have panels for it yet and he said it won't be ready until the summer.
essex sound lab
This is easy for me to say, as I've never actually ordered any Modcan modules (why oh why don't they come in black?). But I'm impressed by a manufacturer that can balance a decent production volume with new module design.

Contrast this with no new module designs for over 2 years, and then the new module being a quantizer! But then one does receive their Dotcom orders quickly with a minimum of angst and guesswork.
haricots
BTByrd wrote:
NICKELBACK?
Oh the humanity!

Tell me this isn't true. (Google tells me it is). Fucking Nickleback is preventing us from getting modules? hihi d'oh!
bwhittington
haricots wrote:
BTByrd wrote:
NICKELBACK?
Oh the humanity!

Tell me this isn't true. (Google tells me it is). Fucking Nickleback is preventing us from getting modules? hihi d'oh!

Are you serious? I thought the Nickelback post was a joke. Is there even a keyboardist in that band? I put their music in the bland Hootie and the Blowfish category. Bruce should just send them a case full of blind panels for all the likelihood they are likely to use that gear in their music.

Not that there is anything wrong with amassing huge quantities of gear in your bedroom that never gets used on records. whistlin'

Cheers,
Brian
parasitk
Not to stop all the Nickleback hate (they certainly deserve it), but:

ignatius wrote:
and he got another big order right after that for a certain producer who was working on the new record for "the band of the decade" (according to billboard magazine).

Yeah.
bwhittington
Is that Mutt Lange? Browsing his discography, Nickelback would be a minor bulletpoint on his resume. I'm sure he can live large off the royalties from writing "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)" alone. Bryan Adams, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, they're all there. The guy must be the lord of all trite pop tunes.

It's a relief to know that he (or another producer) was the buyer, though. The idea that somewhere in the world, right now, the boys from Nickelback were sobering up and learning to read so they could understand their new synth was dampening my mood this morning. Mr. Green

And, yes, I'm just having a laugh. I'm happy for Bruce and the recipient of what will be a gorgeous new system.

Cheers,
Brian
parasitk
bwhittington wrote:
The idea that somewhere in the world, right now, the boys from Nickelback were sobering up and learning to read so they could understand their new synth was dampening my mood this morning. Mr. Green

lol hihi
Funky40
ignatius wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:

100+ modules eek! WTF?

this was told to me 2 years ago when i ordered my modcans.
Just wondering if they get another 100 or if they just delayed. could be as i got my stuff earlier back then
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2