MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Lets see them blue beauties!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Lets see them blue beauties!!!
D/A A/D
I need a GAS refill... Trampoline
Roycie Roller
If you can find a photo of Gary Chang's 48 (yes- 48!) module (300's) system, that would flood your tank! could be a pic @ his webpage?
Kwote
oh my god! i had no idea Gary was setup like that. what a freakin pimp!
Muff Wiggler
my blue beauties...

Kwote
i don't know why but i keep getting this vision of a sexy blue skinned three titted broad every time i read the title of this thread.
Roycie Roller
Its pretty frightening. I cant remember where i saw the photo but it was just rows & rows of black knobs, thousands of patchpoints & had a Milton sequencer custom -built by Peter Grenader at the front, with 4 joysticks & a couple of voltmeters thrown in for good measure. Again, the complexity of such a system would be crazy. smile
sgnhh
Don't you have any 300 series, Muff?
D/A A/D
Kwote wrote:
i don't know why but i keep getting this vision of a sexy blue skinned three titted broad every time i read the title of this thread.


spinning
Kwote
Roycie Roller wrote:
Its pretty frightening. I cant remember where i saw the photo but it was just rows & rows of black knobs, thousands of patchpoints & had a Milton sequencer custom -built by Peter Grenader at the front, with 4 joysticks & a couple of voltmeters thrown in for good measure. Again, the complexity of such a system would be crazy. smile


it is crazy. does Gary just make a living from music alone? you'd have to be raking in some serious cashflow to pull a setup like that off.
Kwote
i hope plord posts his setup. it's shaping up quite nicely.
Roycie Roller
Kwote, yep he makes horror soundtracks for big movies, plus i think he works at CalArts possibly (not sure). Have a look in the photo section at wiardgroup- i think the pic might (?) be in there.
Kwote
Roycie Roller wrote:
Kwote, yep he makes horror soundtracks for big movies, plus i think he works at CalArts possibly (not sure). Have a look in the photo section at wiardgroup- i think the pic might (?) be in there.


ahh shit. that's real cool. i did a soundtrack for a super independent no budget horror flick last year. i don't really care for the genre but i do dream of doing major soundtrack work.

wonder how he got into it all. i'll have to see about contacting him soon.
Kwote
http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/wiardgroup/photos/view/16f8?b= 2

here it is for all you wiard group members. pretty freakin sweet. just wish i could get a closeup. hell, i'll just be frank. i wish i owned that shit!

-edit, here's a better shot:

http://launch.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/wiardgroup/photos/view/16f8?b= 2&m=f&o=0
Roycie Roller
I have done a horror soundtrack too for a no-fi horror flick. I also played the monster & had to wear this huge hairy white monster suit. It was filmed in the snow but the suit was hot as hell!
Looks like theres good money in big budget soundtracks, but i imagine it's quite competitive. Nevertheless, there's plenty of work to be had!
D/A A/D
I will be setting up a site within the next few months offering my services as a sound designer. Specializing in analog of course... Mr. Green
Kwote
goddamn. i should get my shit together. hyper
D/A A/D
I have done some sound design in the past... Its fun. The big money is in Video games however...
Kwote
D/A A/D wrote:
I have done some sound design in the past... Its fun. The big money is in Video games however...


i'm down with that too.

didn't make the connection before but here's that same system from the wiard homepage

sgnhh
Fucking sexy.
D/A A/D
Thats what the doctor ordered!!! love
felix
doctor moreau! (remake scored by gary chang)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005999/

Looks like he also created the theme for the show "Erie, Indiana". I used to watch that show all the time.
Kwote
felix wrote:
doctor moreau! (remake scored by gary chang)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005999/

Looks like he also created the theme for the show "Erie, Indiana". I used to watch that show all the time.


cool.

i just went through his whole site.

http://www.garychang.cjb.net/

http://www.garychang.net/sounds.htm

can't listen to the mp3's til tonight but i can't wait. hopefully i can catch some wiard up in there.
plord
Kwote wrote:
i hope plord posts his setup. it's shaping up quite nicely.
Gah! People, I am stuck in Dallas, far from my babies (fleshy and electronic). I'll try to post something up when I get home.

Gary's system gives me vertigo. 9 Classic VCOs! at one point he was talking about having TEN 300 series Borg IIs...to use as VCAs for his JAG eek!
Not to mention the custom case, power supply, etc. Sick, sick, sick!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group