MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

If I where to take the plunge...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author If I where to take the plunge...
D/A A/D
This is what I would rock:
MiniWave->Noise Ring->Burst Generator->Improbability Drive->MOTM-1800 Looping ADSR EG.

this week at least.
sgnhh
These types of moments suck. Shit like this is why I decided to start a single rack of Frac instead of dipping into a 4th of Euro.
Kwote
don't forget the VCS hihi
sgnhh
Pow right in the kisser.
Kwote
lol. not really. just that i know he's been wanting the VCS badly and it seems a lot easier to find them on the used frac market.
D/A A/D
sgnhh wrote:
Pow right in the kisser.

2 Pows to the kisser, and a boot to the shiter... cry

Kwote wrote:
lol. not really. just that i know he's been wanting the VCS badly and it seems a lot easier to find them on the used frac market.

Thanks buddy... razz
Kwote
if there's ever a reason to go frac the VCS is it right now. my advice, don't get a frac rack, ps500 or anything frac related before securing a frac VCS first. then have at it.
Muff Wiggler
D/A A/D wrote:
MiniWave->Noise Ring->Burst Generator->Improbability Drive->MOTM-1800 Looping ADSR EG.

this week at least.

as you know, the miniwave is a must

but the noise ring even outstrips that! if i had to sell off my entire system, I would hang onto one Time Machine, and both of my noise rings....and my JAGs. And sell everything off.

If you put a gun to my head, I would let go of the Time Machine and the JAGs

but you would have to shoot me before you would get my noise rings.

they are that amazing, really.

Word of warning on the MOTM looping ADSR, it peaks at 5v and as such is not sufficient to fully open a Blacet VCA, or fuly sweep the banks in a Blacet MiniWave, etc. FYI

and the MiniWave really comes alive when you have a Blacet (or other 'rising saw') VCO to clock it with
sgnhh
The Noise Ring sounds interesting, but I've already got the Plan B M24 Heisenberg, and I think they are pretty similar.
Kwote
i wonder about that. but since i'll never go euro it's all about the noisering for me.
felix
sgnhh wrote:
The Noise Ring sounds interesting, but I've already got the Plan B M24 Heisenberg, and I think they are pretty similar.

Based on obsessive reading about the two a long time ago, they are different enough that you might want both if you were really into random/pseudo random stuff.

Generally, they are like the same thing, but the have a few very specific differences in how they are implemented. What those exact differences are, I can't remember...but I do remember that there were differences that made each one unique.
Kwote
plus it's just gonna be unique anyways just like no two fingerprints are alike, it's literally impossible to truly clone things.

not to mention, i don't think plan b wants to be known as a wiard biter.
D/A A/D
The M24 is all about Werner Heisenber, then noise ring is not.

re:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Heisenberg

So awesome...
humanfaculties
D/A A/D wrote:

You could always swap out the MOTM 1800 for a Blacet EG1....the EG1 is a severely great module with loads of functionality.
Muff Wiggler
actually, I have yet to see a more comprehensive, better envelope generator. from anyone. i consider it the benchmark.
humanfaculties
Muff Wiggler wrote:
actually, I have yet to see a more comprehensive, better envelope generator. from anyone. i consider it the benchmark.

It's probably my most essential module for weird, unorthodox patching.
Also, the glacial-like time ranges that it's capable of are really cool. Maybe there are other EGs that are slower....I don't know... question
thermionicjunky
Modcan offers some great envelope modules, but it's the 0-5v problem again. I have two DC amplifiers for stuff like this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1