MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Werkstatt 01 Eurorack Module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Moog Werkstatt 01 Eurorack Module
sonicmayhem
Seems like a fair price.

What about a full build? (given that people would ship you their werkstatt). smile
DSC
I appreciate your persistence sonicmayhem, I, like you don't give up easily 8_) Right now it is hard to say based on the fact I don't know how many I would be building, but I don't like hedging either, so if I only build one than I would charge $600.00 if you provide the Werkstatt. If I build 4 of them I could reduce that to $500.00 each provided you send me the Werkstatt's. I calculated that I spent four full days building this first one and might be able to get it down to three now that I know what I am doing. This opportunity will only happen once. After that I will be moving on. I realize this will price many people out, but there is a lot of love put into this project.

Now we will see who is still interested.

Anyway, I hope more of you will tinker and play with the Werkstatt from Moog. It is a rare opportunity a large company would even put resources toward a 'DIY' project at a fair price. Most of us would not be comfortable tearing into one of their other products and modifying them in any way, but at $329.00 it starts to enter in the realm of possibility and possibilities. Thank you Moog for making learning your technology fun and less formidable. I look forward to learning more. screaming goo yo
sonicmayhem
Haha well...its fun to have something unique in your rack that not everyone can buy. So I would totally be fine with $500. Lets see who else is interested. I know this issn't maybe why you posted here but if you make it 'official' that you would do a few builds, i can spread the word a bit (Twitter etc)...im sure there are at least 5-10 people would be interested. (looking at you, Richard Devine) wink
ben_hex
How much is a unit for you in the USA? Is that the mentioned $329? So talking $829 if there's enough interest?
GGW
I think there's a little market for an ebook tutorial on this. I wonder if greyscale might make a panel?
ben_hex
EDIT - wrong thread I replied in d'oh!
DSC
sonicmayhem wrote:
Lets see who else is interested. I know this issn't maybe why you posted here but if you make it 'official' that you would do a few builds, i can spread the word a bit (Twitter etc)...im sure there are at least 5-10 people would be interested. (looking at you, Richard Devine) wink

I was a little reluctant at first because of the amount of work, but I would like to build between 4 and 6 units, so I can put the word out too and see who is interested. Thank you for the interest and the help spreading the word.
windspirit
Honestly i think the switch caps are great and i would be lucky to have a synth with them in it but from a financial perspective I would rather just have a hole drilled for a board mount toggle switch rather than a slot for a boardmount switch. In another time i will be able to pay someone to carve wooden switch caps for me smile.

Of course if I am insulting your craftsmanship or if you think that would cheapen the process somehow I can just go With an FPE panel.
DSC
windspirit wrote:
Honestly i think the switch caps are great and i would be lucky to have a synth with them in it but from a financial perspective I would rather just have a hole drilled for a board mount toggle switch rather than a slot for a boardmount switch.

I understand. Honestly when I built this I did not do so thinking I was going to make but the one, so I went a little more creative than I normally would. That being said I can see others wanting a more affordable solution, so if you just wanted to leave the existing plastic stem pots you would have no problem getting greyscale to do a run of panels that would work no problem. If you want you can use this thread to promote this lower priced option. I am more than willing to get the art work to greyscale and see if he would be interested.
kuxaan-sum
I almost wish this had more wood.

Is there anything to be had/made as a separate module with the remaining keyboard you removed?
moogboy
I'm hella interested in a build doc for this. What you've created is absolutely fucking spectacular. I'd definitely buy a panel for it (just so long as it's an even number of HP). 'twould be a good challenge for my DIY skills to go through the build myself, which is the only reason I wouldn't employ your services.
sempervirent
DSC, that is super nice. You totally nailed the aesthetics, even down to using a bit of wood like the Foogers. Why wait for Moog to make modules? (Although I have to say, when I clicked on this thread I was expecting to see their official announcement.)
DSC
Thanks sempervirent, that means a lot coming from you, because I know you have seen you share of panels over the years.

moogboy, we will see how popular this is. If it is enough, I will commit more time to this.

kuxaan-sum, yeah I really wanted more wood texture too. That is why in my rack I put it close to the edge where more wood texture is.

Captain77
screaming goo yo
Definitely a MUST HAVE!!!
I really don't understand the reason why MOOG doesn't step in the euro world... seriously, i just don't get it
DSC
Ok fellas.
I'm closing in on the last stuff I have on my work bench. I have standing orders for three of these so far. Not sure if any of you are still interested.
Please PM me and let me know.

This goes for panel with caps and completed modules.
I won't have costs nailed down to a tee until I have an exact number of units I am to produce, but I am close to the numbers I already mentioned. Please let me know in the next two weeks.

Thank you,

Chris
freestylemovement
i really love what you've done.
if i were into carving my own switches, would the price be any better for getting the parts?
DSC
Seems there is interest in a plain panel for this one too. Basically hack off the keyboard and insert keeping the plastic stemmed pots and eliminating the need for switch caps. I can work on this version too if there is interest.

For the 'high end' I have made a couple of design tweaks. I plan on not having the flanges on the sides of the panel saving 1 HP bringing the total size to 44HP. That would also be the size of the panel above too. I also plan on having the EG out to be a voltage followed source of the currently selected envelope. That fills out all of the op amps of the TL074 IC. I also will use the regular 1 turn pot in it's original location and eliminate the +/- octave switch. This will save time and costs.

I plan to start cutting panels in the next two weeks. I will update this thread with more info. Please let me know ASAP if you want a 'regular' panel.
lintfresh
Brilliant work!!
ThecureForSin
DSC wrote:
Seems there is interest in a plain panel for this one too. Basically hack off the keyboard and insert keeping the plastic stemmed pots and eliminating the need for switch caps. I can work on this version too if there is interest.

I would be interested in something like this. While you have nice wood, it seems like too much work for that 10-turn pot. The octave switch is a nice addition and all the 3.5mm jacks of course.

This may also be something worth sharing in the DIY forum. I don't know if all those guys check here too smile
realshafer
Looks great!
stereonoss
HI, i am fun of moog stuff and this module ))) looks great!!! Awesome! thank you for this idea...
sonicmayhem
Whatever happened to this? Did you end you building a few for some people?
DSC
Too few committed. I ended up with two people who were serious and after re-doing the numbers I really needed six to make it worth doing for all vested parties. It might garner more interest now that Moog has put more muscle behind it 8_)
sonicmayhem
Surely understand that you'd need to make it worth your time. Shame.

Now that Dave Smith entered the Euro world, I wonder how long Moog will wait to release something? Their Filter or delay would be an obvious choice i guess....
rediris
I'm definitely interested. Please count me in should you end up doing a run.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 2 of 5