MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Werkstatt 01 Eurorack Module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Moog Werkstatt 01 Eurorack Module
nnamesor
I'd definitely be interested. If you change your mind (get enough additional interest), please count me in. Thanks.
bradfromraleigh
Definitely in if you do a run - first post here. Registered specifically to post this!
DSC
Seems there is more traction here. I will rework the numbers again. Look for an update in the first quarter of next year. Too much on my plate at the moment, but this 'module' is one of my favorites too.

If anyone else is interested, please post and then I will PM you if something ends up going down thumbs up
EDwashere
DSC - I'm not sure if you're still considering a run of these, but I would be interested in whatever gets moving.
DSC
Yes, I have not forgotten about these or the Minitaur conversion. I am working on a couple of issues and hope to release kits. Thank you for your patience. Honestly was really hoping Moog was going to have something available by now.
cereyanlimusiki
I am really interested with this project.

DSC wrote:
Yes, I have not forgotten about these or the Minitaur conversion. I am working on a couple of issues and hope to release kits. Thank you for your patience. Honestly was really hoping Moog was going to have something available by now.
NastyNachos
I looked through but didn't see a response to the question; Is the pitch input V/Oct?

This is super pretty, would like to try out myself.
tunnelsurf
zombie MY ASS IS BLEEDING

i would like a moog single voice in my euro rack.
wonder if those guys at moog will do so.

***if you gunna do a run of these hit me up im down.
mmelnick
I'm interested for sure
cereyanlimusiki
Any update or further news on this ?
DSC
Well, I can tell you kits are off the table for the Werkstatt. I tried with a single one off kit and sent it to someone and they destroyed their main pcb when trying to cut the keyboard off. I can perform the mods, but you will have to send it to me. PM me if you are interested.

The modification to the pcb of the Minitaur is not so extensive, so I am focused on that. My problem now is funding to build kits in the first place. I need about $5000 to start to build stuff in high enough quantity to bring prices down. Anyone interested in helping?
guestt
Hey DSC,

We did have some communication last year about this and somehow we lost contact, I'm definitely still interested in having my Werkstatt modded. I am happy to send you my unit and $500 smile

Still think this is one of the nicest mods I've ever seen - great work!!

Edit, I just went back through the thread and by my reckoning there are 10 of us who have expressed an interest in this now. I'm willing to trust in the good faith and honesty of fellow wigglerrs and will send payment up front if others agree to too. Perhaps send a PM to everyone who has said they want one?

smile
DSC
Thanks Baddcr,

Yes, it has been off and on with this thread. I really was hoping to have kits, but that just requires a lot of skill for the average DIY'er. I know people want to save money, but I don't want people destroying their gear either.

I have to say you have taste, because every time I think I can get away from this module, the more I seem to reach for it! Having a complete Moog voice with audio inputs is indispensable.

In this patch I run the output into the Korg MKP2 mono input and then split the left and right outs. One of the outs is going to a Pole-Zero by WMD-SSF and then it goes back into the input of the Werkstatt. That sound is so incredible that I will sit and just play with that combo for hours. And I have plenty of other options, that is what the second pic will illustrate, so that tells you how much I love this combo. These pics were taken today!

Serious inquires please just email me directly.
chris@blarsky.com

guestt
Absolutely, never been a big fan of the Moog stuff, simply because it never fitted with who I am or what I do, never liked keyboards,,, mumble mumble.... but the Werkstatt is amazing and fits 100%, having it in the EuroRack like this is far too good... take my money will be worth every cent love

I'll email directly, hopefully we can get this going smile

p.s. wicked setup you have there thumbs up
rediris
I'm still interested too.
guestt
Hey Rediris,

Better to contact Chris directly via the email provided if you're making a serious commitment thumbs up
rediris
A friend of mine who recently took a werkstatt workshop said Moog will be dropping the price of the unit in August/September. I'll try to get more details/confirmation.
DSC
Thank you rediris for that info.
This might be prudent to wait a little longer for some of you.
If you already have a Werkstatt though, that won't matter to much to you.
I hope to have my schedule cleared out more in the next few weeks.
I will start contacting people in the next few weeks who I had on my list.
I will advise them that if they were going to buy a Werkstatt that it might be prudent to wait for retail prices to come down or see if they can acquire a used one in the BST forum.
rediris
FYI: https://www.jrrshop.com/moog-werkstatt-01

Looks like the Werkstatt has dropped to $199, at least here. applause
DSC
Yep, looks like Perfect Circuit Audio has done the same.
I bet when these are gone, there will NOT be another batch!

Progress has been slower than I would like on my end.
I am close to having my powdercoating ability ready to go, but I am still
fine tuning it. I want these to have the exact same look and feel as the original Moog panels. I will not leave the silver ends, but having the same powdercoat texture is necessary imho.

I also have been dealing with a few health issues so that is slowing me down a bit. Right now I am aiming for the end of the year for both Minataur and Werkstatt's, thank you for your patience.

suckspit
so its official.

"Mother32 is an all-in-one #eurorack synth voice with 32 audio & cv jacks & built-in step sequencer, priced at $599."
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/09/12/moog-going-eurorack-with- mother32-modular-synthesizer/
DSC
Excellent, that takes the pressure off of me!
I imagine even used that will put it at $475.00 or so, so everybody can go buy one of these if they want Moog in their rack.
I wish Moog the best success and all I can say is:

IT's ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!
guestt
Yep fair enough - I'll take that as a release from our gentleman's agreement there DSC!

I'd still stand by it if that was how it went, but this is probably going to be easier for everyone and if the number of patch points is anything to go by Mother32 is going to be quite amazing!

I must admit to feeling slightly sad that I won't ever see your mod in my rack though - it is still one of the best mods ever - hey ho - such is life smile
h4ndcrafted
tunnelsurf wrote:

Your wish has come true !
ben_hex
h4ndcrafted wrote:
tunnelsurf wrote:

Your wish has come true !

You guys seen the Konbcon news? screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 3 of 5