MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MATHS retrigger job
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author MATHS retrigger job
DGTom
Navs wrote:
Has anyone tried this with an AND gate to hear if it is 'cleaner'?

I just replaced the VCA in your patch with an AND gate... I also swapped the mixer out for an XOR gate, works great!! Really nice patch, thanks Navs... grin
Navs
DGTom wrote:
Really nice patch, thanks Navs... grin

Cheers! But the credit goes to Yohda we're not worthy
mark_snipz
Great patch! Got there eventually...
DGTom
Navs wrote:
DGTom wrote:
Really nice patch, thanks Navs... grin

Cheers! But the credit goes to Yohda we're not worthy

we're not worthy indeed! Sorry Yohda... it would seem after patching away my ability to read had been destroyed MY ASS IS BLEEDING

woah omfgwtf!! No-one said I'd guy blind... but its sooo much fun!
johnnymad
this thread rocks! SlayerBadger! i was trying to use maths to create some kick drum rolls and some of these tips might just help me do it. thanks to everyone who has contributed patch ideas!
Veqtor
Navs wrote:
use its burst out to generate random trills

how do you mean?
Navs
Veqtor wrote:
how do you mean?

The WB's clock out (red LED) becomes your 'main' gate and the burst (yellow LED) your trill gate.

Both still need to be patched to a VCA/ Mixer or Logic gate.

If you find the WB's burst to be a bit too frenetic, you could patch it to a clock divider before the mixer/ VCA etc. to tame the trills smile
Mr White
...I have to say that retrigger trick with that separate log/expo trick for rise and fall (Navs suggested love ) I'm going crazy with maths as my centerpiece for hours!
couple this module with a WB and a QMMG and you're done for extreme experimentations with only 3 modules!
...was even thinking of a third maths here because everytime I approach on them with a patchcable I find their holes all filled...

long life to makenoise!!!!
mudlogger
Just bumping this tread because it is absolute gold.

we're not worthy
regenbot
mudlogger wrote:
Just bumping this tread because it is absolute gold.

we're not worthy

thanks for bumping screaming goo yo
citric acid
hi Navs,

your demo mp3 are offline, is there a chance that you reupp them.
thx
jeannot
yeah this thread is short, but gold. It'd be nice to create a sticky with these types of threads in it, indispensable info, etc.

EDIT: We do have a sort of sticky like this in Modular Synth General Discussion
Navs
citric acid wrote:
hi Navs,

your demo mp3 are offline, is there a chance that you reupp them.
thx

I know, I really need to get another server sorted soon very frustrating

A quick fix, for the sake of posterity of a classic thread:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/navs/pills-trills-wogglecake[/s]

http://soundcloud.com/navs/pills-trills-wogglecake

And the patch details: http://navsmodularlab.blogspot.com/2010/01/patch-of-day-maths-trills.h tml
citric acid
navs: ok thanks....now im know what all talking about..im also verry interested in recreat it..hope im not to stupid to doo it..the modules are still in my rack :-)

the best thing will be ...that you will give some workshops ..i will be the first to book a place :-)
talkboxert
great thread! Rockin' Banana! maths keeps on suprising....
Navs
citric acid wrote:
navs: ok thanks....now im know what all talking about..im also verry interested in recreat it..hope im not to stupid to doo it..the modules are still in my rack :-)

the best thing will be ...that you will give some workshops ..i will be the first to book a place :-)

Glad it helped and good idea! grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2