MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

[IN STOCK] L-1 Basic VCO. Eurorack. [Mouser cart p.4]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author [IN STOCK] L-1 Basic VCO. Eurorack. [Mouser cart p.4]
L-1
http://l-1.su/BasicVCO.html

Finally I had time to work on the VCO. I finished the second prototype and prepared docs for ordering a final prototype.

This is basic VCO because has only basic functions.

Triangle core with sync possibility based on the THAT2180 and OPA2604 chips. Regular TL07* opamp doesn't work here because of high wave amplitude. Limiting wave with diodes as were suggested gives problem with sync. So, only OPA2604 in the core.

VCO range is from 8 Hz to 14 kHz. VCO/LFO switch between timing capacitors. I used 100p and 10n 1% polystyrenes. So LFO range is 100 times slower than VCO.

No expo converter here because THAT2180 has expo responce. CV circuit is tempereture compensated with two 2K tempco resistors.

I used BCM847BC matched pair for sinewave circuit.

I used LM4040 precise voltage source for offset voltages to minimize pitch flow. I tested during 4 hours - pitch was stable in range +- one cent.

I installed Schmitt trigger on the sync input. So any wave is good for sync.

I was able to achieve cent-by-cent tracking as on the first prototype.

The VCO - left board the core, right board - saw, sine, PWM circuits:

djpasica
why seriously, i just don't get it
i think there is a lot of basic modules (osc)
IMHO

if it will not cost
andrewF
djpasica wrote:

The joy & satisfaction of DIYing his own VCO and seeing it work love
L-1
djpasica wrote:
IMHO

if it will not cost

What for example? For DIY Euro, not digital, without timers or logic. Classic analog design.

1. 258J from Thonk.

2... hmmm.....
Randy
I could see this being handy for smaller systems or adding polyphony. Make it 4hp and I'll buy it!

Randy
andrewF
L-1 wrote:
djpasica wrote:
IMHO

if it will not cost

What for example? For DIY Euro, not digital, without timers or logic. Classic analog design.

1. 258J from Thonk.

2... hmmm.....

2... this one? razz
CJ Miller
This seems to be an interesting design! I hope I can buy a few boards eventually.
L-1
Yes andrewF.

The second reason why I make this - it's local musicians. They require from me a complete system.
andrewF
L-1 wrote:
Yes andrewF.

The second reason why I make this - it's local musicians. They require from me a complete system.

Pretty lucky DIYers in your town 8_) .
the locals here in P-town have to endure my half-assed insanity spinning
livefreela
i would frame that proto photograph for my wall EDIT now it's my computer desktop. awesome. l-1, way to be man, way to be!
Reality Checkpoint
Well I very much like it and applaud the classic analog design.

And I will no doubt end up with one or two in my system.
bkbirge
andrewF wrote:
L-1 wrote:
Yes andrewF.

Pretty lucky DIYers in your town 8_) .
the locals here in P-town have to endure my half-assed insanity spinning

Don't sell yourself short man, there's nothing half-assed about your insanity.

It's motherfucking bacon yo
cane creek
I'm in for one of these thumbs up
horstronic
Very nice!
makers
I would also like to build two of these!
Barcode
Single PCB? No wiring? Awesome in my book!
stereonoss
L-1 wrote:
Yes andrewF.

+1
I have Quad VCA/Mixer and Tube VCA from you ) it sounds perfectly and i will buy system complete from L-1 Corporation )))
stereonoss
L-1 wrote:
Yes andrewF.

+1
I have Quad VCA/Mixer and Tube VCA from you ) it sounds perfectly and i will buy system complete from L-1 Corporation )))
euromorcego
Quote:
They require from me a complete system.

As do we! hihi
Stides
Looks nice to me. Reasonable size to feature ratio, and seems to have a minimal component count. Always comes to price and availability, but your stuff always is reasonable.
synthcube
Can't wait for this one!,
sonicwarrior
Would have been nice to an attenuator for the PWM input. I always need an attenuator plus offset there.

FM is linear I hope?

Only 3 trimmers look like fun to calibrate. I'm always intimidated by the many trimmers on most VCO PCBs. oops

Edit: Does it run with +/- 15 V? Would be fun to squeeze this into a single width MU panel although it would mean panel wiring.
L-1
sonicwarrior wrote:
Would have been nice to an attenuator for the PWM input. I always need an attenuator plus offset there.

FM is linear I hope?

Only 3 trimmers look like fun to calibrate. I'm always intimidated by the many trimmers on most VCO PCBs. oops

Edit: Does it run with +/- 15 V? Would be fun to squeeze this into a single width MU panel although it would mean panel wiring.

No place for PWM attenuator sorry.

No linear FM, only exp. 2180 chip has exp response, and needs another matched transistors pair for linear.

About 15V. It can I think but some resistors changes will need. There is 10V source for offset voltages.

I plan to make more advanced dual osc later. I will include there lin FM and many other possibilities.
L-1
synthcube wrote:
Can't wait for this one!,

I already prdered boards for a prototype!
L-1
Quote:

Really I added fourth. Will be:

- v/oct
- offset
- saw symmetry
- sine symmetry
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7