MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

tm 3030 how many octaves in tune?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author tm 3030 how many octaves in tune?
Matoz
Hello, i' ve built 3 Tm3030 and all works fine, but, for the 3 i have the same question: how many octave should have the pitch control (tune)?

I have accorded them like that: when i play C3, when tune is lower, i have C2 note, when i turn Tune a little after 12h, i have C3, and i can't have C4 when i turn Tune at the maxi. I arrive near A3.
i think my adjustments are not correct.
someone knows the problem?

thanks

loic
Synthbuilder
Matoz wrote:
how many octave should have the pitch control (tune)?

The same as a real 303 which is about (and by that I mean very roughly) +/-7 semitones.

You won't get a whole octave swing from it and it's not terribly accurate. It's only there to tune it up against other instruments.

Tony
Matoz
Ok, thanks for the answer, i understand why i have the same problem with my xoxbox...
And is it possible to modifiy something to have 2 complete octaves?
If i change pot value?
Synthbuilder
Matoz wrote:
And is it possible to modifiy something to have 2 complete octaves?

You'll need to play around with the value of R3. Perhaps change this to a lower value (100K?) and use a 50K multiturn trimmer to adjust for a precise +/-1 octave shift. However, the middle point of the tune pot will probably not give you 0 octave shift since the action of the pot is not symmetrical about its centre.

Precise octave shifting is probably best done at the midi controller or within the sequencer.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1