MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

no led action on oms-820 module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author no led action on oms-820 module
numbertalk
I just finished my OMS-820 and it's all working perfectly except the LEDs. The bi-color "output" LED is working but the other 3 are not. I checked the transistors driving them and they all seem fine. The guide said the anodes go into the square pads but when I was working on this on my bench I could kind of get the gate and set leds working by reversing the leads, but even then they weren't exactly working 100%. Not a huge deal and at this point I'm going to leave it with non-working LEDs in place, but I know eventually this will bug me and I'll try get it back to my bench to tinker with it. Any ideas?
Synthbuilder
numbertalk wrote:
when I was working on this on my bench I could kind of get the gate and set leds working by reversing the leads

Then this is the way they should go. LEDs will only light one way so if they light up then this is the correct way to fit them.

Pin 1, the square pad, should go to the cathode of the LED.

The User Guide is clearly wrong in this regards. I'll get it changed. The weird thing is that this is a ten year old User Guide and no one has ever mentioned this before. I guess we used to use bi-polar LEDs when we constructed the modules and those can be put in anyway around.

See if that works anyway and keep us updated.

Tony
numbertalk
Ah, that must be it, thanks. I'll post something here when I get a chance to swap them around.
numbertalk
I'm happy to report all the LEDs on my module are now working!

One kind of odd thing, if you could confirm for me, Tony - The "reset" LED does not seem to be triggered by the "reset" push momentary on the panel. The reset function works with this toggle, but the LED does not light up. However if I put a pulse wave into the reset input the LED works great. That's really what's important - I *know* if I've pushed the reset button so don't really need a LED to tell me, but just curious if this is how it's supposed to work.

Thanks!
krisp14u
This is normal behaviour for the reset LED
It only lights when a trigger or gate is at the reset input
numbertalk
Thanks Paul!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1