MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Grid controller for the nw2s::b
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Author Grid controller for the nw2s::b
scottwilson
There's no slave clock yet, but I've been adding simpler 1:1 clocking to a few devices... My first demo video shows the GridTriggerSequencer clocked by a 4ms SCM.

Since you based your code on one of the existing grids, you've got the external clocking in what I see of your code (See the comments in timer()). To make use of it, in your ino file, just add something like:

Code:

GameOfLife* grid = GameOfLife::create(...);

// This tells the device that you want to clock it externally
grid->setClockInput(DIGITAL_IN_D0);

// Don't register it with a clock...
// vclock->registerDevice(grid);

// Instead register it directly with the eventmanager
EventManager::registerDevice(grid);

I've offered to add Mr Darkly as a direct contributor to the repo which will make it pretty easy for anyone who wants to use his code who is already using the 1.1 branch and will make it easy to keep his code up to date with the rest of the capabilities I'm adding over time.

-s
myecholalia
don't stress yourself over it.
obviously totally fine if you'd just take your time and finish it first as you originally stated.
just getting carried away with the excitement
hihi thumbs up
a scanner darkly
scottwilson wrote:
There's no slave clock yet, but I've been adding simpler 1:1 clocking to a few devices... My first demo video shows the GridTriggerSequencer clocked by a 4ms SCM.

Since you based your code on one of the existing grids, you've got the external clocking in what I see of your code (See the comments in timer()). To make use of it, in your ino file, just add something like:

Code:

GameOfLife* grid = GameOfLife::create(...);

grid->setClockInput(DIGITAL_IN_D0);

// Don't register it with a clock...

// Instead register it directly with the eventmanager

I've offered to add Mr Darkly as a direct contributor to the repo which will make it pretty easy for anyone who wants to use his code who is already using the 1.1 branch and will make it easy to keep his code up to date with the rest of the capabilities I'm adding over time.

-s

Had a quick test this morning before work but didn't seem to work - buttonPressed wasn't getting called and it didn't respond to serial input at all. I'll double check again tonight. Here is my code:

Code:

grid = GameOfLife::create(DEVICE_GRIDS, 16, 8, true);

/* Setup a variable clock */
    // Clock* vclock = VariableClock::create(10, 240, DUE_IN_A00, 16);
    // EventManager::registerDevice(vclock);

grid->setClockInput(DUE_IN_D0);
a scanner darkly
myecholalia wrote:
don't stress yourself over it.
obviously totally fine if you'd just take your time and finish it first as you originally stated.
just getting carried away with the excitement
hihi thumbs up

no worries, I was able to clean it up yesterday :-) also it should work with grids of any size now, and I've added a bit of eye candy for the VB grids - cells get dimmer as they get older now (non VB grids continue working as before).

I'll post to GitHub once I have access to the repo.
scottwilson
I'll take a look a bit later. I was over-simplifying a bit, and there may be a little bit more code that needs to be in the timer() function that may have gone missing if you didn't think you needed it at the time. Probably not much tho. Should be quick once I get a chance.

And you have been added to the repo!

s
a scanner darkly
Thanks Scott, I'll take a look as well tonight, could be that I removed some stuff that was necessary when copying from otogrid.

Anybody who wants to give it a try - the Game of Life is on github now! (the 1.1 version).

I've started a separate thread to track progress / issues:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124578
numan7

w00t i have installed my b-rig as of last night!

as mentioned previously, my big plan will be to use it, along the Monome Grid, as a 12 x 8 (or 12 x 16 should i decide to break out all 4 VCAMs) matrix mixer for control signals (the Erica Matrices - will be for timbre). i will call this sketch/patch 'SuperMat' (and i think i'll follow a scanner darkly's example, and start a separate thread to track progress issues
djthopa
That is a gorgeous system!

Its Great more people are contributing with more sketches!

I have a 4ms vca too, yes!!
a scanner darkly
Yeah, VCAM is a perfect buddy for the ::b. Actually pretty useful for debugging too, as I find it's easier to tell the voltage judging by the VCAM LEDs as they're not so bright.

Feedback matrix controlled by an automaton is a lot of fun 8_)
scottwilson
Technically, since you're writing code, you can set the brightness factor to whatever you like... The factor is in the PCA9655 driver C file if I remember correctly.

That's one such configuration that would be nice to put into a /configs folder... so folks could customize.

s
a scanner darkly
yeah, i've been meaning to do that. good idea to store it in a config!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Page 4 of 4