MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe interview - Why We Listen podcast
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe interview - Why We Listen podcast
Never Knows
Hi listeners & wigglers,

The most recent episode of the Why We Listen podcast is an interview with
Make Noise / Kranky / Type artist Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe (aka Lichens).

Lowe and host Marc Kate discuss modular synths, communal mythology and Japanese avant grade theater of the 70’s while they listen to
‘Chimarochaâ€⠄¢, the Wicker Man soundtrack and the Japanese collective Geinoh Yamashirogumi.

Listen at:
http://whywelisten.wordpress.com/2014/09/18/why-we-listen-23-robert-ai ki-aubrey-lowe/

Or on iTunes at:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/why-we-listen-why-we-listen/id5046 96088

Or on Stitcher at:
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/why-we-listen-why-we-listen-podcast?re fid=stpr

Thanks for listening!
thundermouse
awesome. going to check this out later tonight. such a cool dude, had him sign the inside of my case when I met him in brooklyn last spring. for good juju.
trickness
He's a great guy. Every time I go to Control he is super helpful and ends up patching a mini concert, very cool.
MindMachine
This dude is on the cover of Wire magazine this month. I dig his performances on Youtube.
digits
Cool conversation - thanks for the heads up
SmokyClap
This is guy is always a pleasure to hang out with at Control. Ive walked in to him in the midst of some very impressive patches. Always teaches me a thing ortwo.
boundsound
Yesterday I've seen him performing in Lisbon and I was impressed by the sound palette, very wide, morphing between songs but without pits or abrupt changes.

Here's a photo of his setup for the voyeurs like me:

electricanada
boundsound wrote:
Yesterday I've seen him performing in Lisbon and I was impressed by the sound palette, very wide, morphing between songs but without pits or abrupt changes.

Here's a photo of his setup for the voyeurs like me:

Anyone know what he's using for his vocal delays?
resonaut
I think it should be DLD in the case, I don't think Rob is using anything else these days (there was a looper + pedals a few years ago).
electricanada
resonaut wrote:
I think it should be DLD in the case, I don't think Rob is using anything else these days (there was a looper + pedals a few years ago).

The 4ms looper? I didn't know you could do overdubs with that one. Can it do crossfades also?
mzero
Great interview... thanks!
mzero
Robert AA Lowe's new record is fantastic too... Two Orb Reel... Great overall flow and thematic development... Very nice on macro and micro levels...

Also looking forward to his new recording with Susie Ibarra in Feb!
electricanada
mzero wrote:
Robert AA Lowe's new record is fantastic too... Two Orb Reel... Great overall flow and thematic development... Very nice on macro and micro levels...

Also looking forward to his new recording with Susie Ibarra in Feb!

Thanks, I will watch for those.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1