MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MFB SEQ-03
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author MFB SEQ-03
qu.one
Stumbled upon this today... The page didn't have an english link, so this is Chrome's built in translator.

The SEQ-03 we have the two previous SEQ-01 and SEQ-02 integrates a new sequencer and extends it with many new features. So there are now four types of tracks, namely CV, Gate, AD envelope and LFO. In each case, two parameters per step can be programmed.
Pro ​â€â₠¬Â¹LFO, the waveforms sawtooth up, sawtooth down, sine and square set.
can For each track the flow direction can be determined, there are Up, down, up and down and random selection .
Shuffle we have refined, now there are 15 levels.
Overall 3 modes offer different ways of playing.
Mode 1 allows up to 4-bar patterns (total max. 64 steps), the number of steps and the clock divider is Kaprije for all tracks .
Mode 2 is only one bar, but can per track the number of steps and the clock divider can be set. This mode allows polyrhythmic patterns.
Mode 3 was taken from the SEQ-02 and offers six tracks, each with a CV and a gate. The gate is set at the same time, if a CV is programmed.
In the modes 1 and 2 can each track either as CV, Gate, LFO or AD envelope are used.
Both knobs Para1 and Para2 have the following functions:
`CV: with Para1 the CV is set and with Para2 Glide
gate: with Para1 of the gate intensity is set (thus, the volume of our drum modules are controlled), Para2 sets the length of the gate.
AD envelope: with Para1 the attack time is set and with Para2 the decay time
LFO with Para1 will set the pace and with the amplitude Para2

The SEQ-03 can optionally be powered by an internal clock or an external clock signal. If the internal clock is used, the two Clock and Start / Stop jacks are outputs and can synchronize other modules. Otherwise, the two jacks inputs, with which you can synchronize the SEQ-03 to external clock sources.

The SEQ-03 but can be controlled not only drums. In a modular system, there are many options for trigger pulses, eg, sample & hold, switches, clock divider / sequencer, Logic Modules, envelopes, etc. What, for example, as in S & H or clock dividers triggered usually with a straight-through Clock, rhythm can be targeted with the SEQ-03 in no time. Thanks to the large number of CV and trigger traces of the SEQ-03 is ready next to the tracks for a drum groove as well as still a few outputs for such special tasks.
robbert
nice, indeed
alamandra
Looks pretty well featured, feels lost in translation a bit though as to how it's describing how things work, but not so much that I have no idea.
Funky40
some features sound very interesting.
personally i feel burnt by MFB, .....with their SEQ01 and 02.
.........and i feel like my modular feels allready Much to "computery"

watch quality in general
and especially on early runs
and mainly: watch how picky the clock input is....... angry
the price is very low ! but would not compensate for "issues".
just my opinion. YMMV

http://www.mfberlin.de/Produkte/Module/SEQ-03/seq-03.html
exper
Funky40 wrote:
some features sound very interesting.
personally i feel burnt by MFB, .....with their SEQ01 and 02.
.........and i feel like my modular feels allready Much to "computery"

watch quality in general
and especially on early runs
and mainly: watch how picky the clock input is....... angry
the price is very low ! but would not compensate for "issues".
just my opinion. YMMV

http://www.mfberlin.de/Produkte/Module/SEQ-03/seq-03.html

My thoughts as well. I had the seq-02, and personally, the hiccups when switching patterns and general reset issues made it a big fail for me. Not to mention that I didn't enjoy attempting to dial in the right note values to create sequences to begin with. A complex multichannel sequencer needs to be rock solid with timing, as it will be running so much of a patch.
qu.one
As a trigger sequencer - I loved my seq-02. Actually, I loved it all the time. I never make music in a critical situation and never notice any real hiccups. Lost some patterns for sure, but that was probably user error! Loved it as half modulation and half triggers. Paired with my Drum Dokta perfectly. I might snag the one in the BST now!
bkbirge
MFB hitting it out of the park recently, love it. I wonder if there are other new modules coming down the line.
wavefold
so this is not just a trigger seq? woah courious! but damn... picking a sequencer is becoming harder and harder whit this variety of choice d'oh!
Funky40
qu.one wrote:
As a trigger sequencer - I loved my seq-02. Actually, I loved it all the time. I never make music in a critical situation and never notice any real hiccups.

the question here is if you clocked internally or externally.
the real problme is when clocking externally.

i had at some time three SEQ2 and one SEQ1.
all in all i had to send back two units, and would have had to send a third unit back too but refused as that was really a minor peoblem.
and just to say, these were no very early or even early units.
........after one year of release. though, still to early for an MFB.
One unit had to get that firmware update donne, so that i could clock it halfways with success.
MFB..........learnt my lesson

that means, i´m very interested lol oops , but will wait for shure a year or more.......
here, much depends in which country one is located.
the exchange with MFB itself is not a problem, just to say. they do a good service. ( fixing build issues, updates, in my case )
sd88me
separate track lengths allowing polyrhythms is cool.

seems like some of the tanzbar design has filtered into this module. definitely interesting to see how it unfolds..
Hyboid
Wow, that is interesting news! I had been toying with buying either SEQ-01 or SEQ-02 for a while but had dismissed the idea eventually because neither model fulfilled my requirements. Now with SEQ-03 this might change.

I wonder how the LFO is implemented. Am I right to assume that you can change LFO speed and amplitude for each step? Since in Mode 2 you can alter step length and clock divider individually for each track this could be a fantastic modulation source. All this plus individual direction or random mode for each track ... not bad!!
sd88me
i have emailed MFB this morning, asking if it is available. Will let ya'll know what they say..
bkbirge
Uwe posts on gearslutz in the dominion 1 thread and he mentioned they'll be showing some new things soon.
qu.one
I emailed the other day to see the manual. Manfred said a week or two so I'm not sure about the actual module. It seems like it is available now though.
milkshake
I want one.
Adminius
It would appear that the SEQ-03 has conflated the functions of the SEQ-01 and SEQ-02. Let's hope that Herr Fricke has not also conflated the problems he had with his first two Euro sequencers.

I have been hanging back on purchasing an MFB sequencer due in part to conflicting reports on this forum also due to the lack of decent demo videos, but the SEQ-03 looks as if it could be 'the one'.
sd88me
MFB emailed back saying can ship in 3-4 weeks.
renasent
This looks interesting. I've got a Dual ADSR, which got slated a bit but mine has been great.

Would be good to get one on sale or return to see if was useable under external clock.
mooneh
Have anyone tried this? It would be interesting to hear any feedback, it seem there were problems with seq-01 and seq-02.
chvad
never any issues with my seq-2.
mooneh
thanks good to know
Apola Kipso
Just for stats' sake, +1 on massive issues trying to sync the SEQ2 externally.

I eventually returned mine. If I remember correctly it was either some weirdly high gate/clock levels it expected or some interpretation that differed from the rest of the world (triggering on the falling/rising edge or what have you).

The combination of low price and great feature set (at least on paper) made me buy it, but even without the sync issue, I found it very unintuitive to use. Add that ugly Courier/DIN/whatever font and I was done with MFB for the time being... Dead Banana

If word comes down that the SEQ3 is without these kinds of problems I might reconsider, but surely I will wait a good while to do so, I'm with Funky40 on that.

:highly skeptical banana:
VT
Hello all!

Has anybody had any experience with it yet?

I noticed that one of the funcions in the buttos says "quantization". Does this module also quantize the outcoming cv signals?

Cheers! Guinness ftw!
fluxxion
Hey, I know this is kind of an old thread, but I wanted to post my experiences so far. I just got the module a couple days ago. When I first got it, I walked through the manual and tried to check out all the functions. I did have a little trouble at first with using an external clock, but was eventually able to have it clocked by my Pamela's workout. Everything was fine for a day, was playing with it with no trouble and using all the functions, until I turned off my rack to add a new module. Now, I can't get any kind of external clock to run it. I can have it be the master clock and control my PW, but I can't figure out why it's not getting the clock signal from anything. Really irritating. I've read the manual a bunch, tried to look up youtube videos, and just googling away trying to figure out what's going on. Haven't really checked if the internal clock is tight or if it drifts.
Also, I had emailed MFB direct to order the SEQ-03, and when I got it, it had a big scratch on the faceplate. It's hard to see from a distance, but it's there. I was kind of upset about that.
So, so far it has been kind of annoying. If the internal clock drifts, then it's going to really suck. I'm not sure how to get it to be clocked externally. I see from the posts above that this seems to be an ongoing issue with these modules. If this wasn't an issue, this would be a badass module. I may just sell it and get another PW and maybe two Intellijel uSteps or something.
If anyone here has any tips or experiences with dealing with the external clock issue, I'm interested in hearing about it. Does MFB have a return policy lol?
GuyaGuy
I've read that inverting the external signal fixes the clock issue on the SEQ 01 and 02 if that problem exists. Why not email MFB about the issue and return policy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2