MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[IN STOCK] Improved Alpha 9mm Pots on Thonk
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]

Are there values you require that are not listed below?
Yes - I've detailed the requirement in the thread
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

Author [IN STOCK] Improved Alpha 9mm Pots on Thonk
Monobass
NOW IN STOCK - http://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/alpha-9mm-pots/

So In Dec/Jan I'll be taking my first delivery of Alpha 9mm pots for sale on Thonk, both vertical and right-angled types.

6.4mm shaft.

Pricing? I can't be certain until the first batch lands. All I can say is the bulk pricing will be competitive in Europe.

The improvement mentioned in the thread title is very simple but I think it'll be appreciated, my pots will come as standard without that annoying rectangular anti-rotation lug that you normally have to cut or break off in 99.99% of usages...

So these are the values currently in manufacture, they have been chosen based on both popular values and popular projects:

Vertical

A50K
A100K
A1M
B10K
B25K
B50K
B100K
B1M

Right Angle

A50K
A500K
A1M
B50k
B100k

I'm interested to know what other values people are interested in for both the vertical and right-angled type.

To put your requirement forward for consideration for an order in early 2015 please state:

* Project (The Superb XYZ Filter, personal use etc.)
* Type (Vertical or Right-Angled)
* Value (A25K, B2M..)

paults
100pc price as a point of reference would REALLY help (cough).
Monobass
Right now all I can say is It'll definitely be competitive in Europe Paul, but I won't be able to answer that question until the first batch lands and clears customs in December .
shiftr
As I like knobs with a rubbery feel very much I would also be interested in D-shaft version.
But very much interested in general. thumbs up
okelk
* personal use (cmos based oscillators)
* right angle
* B1M
Monobass
shiftr wrote:
As I like knobs with a rubbery feel very much I would also be interested in D-shaft version.
But very much interested in general. thumbs up

I'd certainly like to offer them in the future, but we're talking long term there smile
Nantonos
I'm making a dual Magic Smoke 8K LFO and the PCB orientation is constrained by the fact that I could only find A1M (it uses two per oscillator) in vertical.

I would have preferred right-angle A1M. So a vote for that (having said which I already have pots now and it would only have been 4).
Starspawn
I always have a hard time finding (vertical) B2M pots.
Seem to have a long wait time at mouser as well.
Mostly they seem to be used in earlier projects from the 70s/80s but when you want to clone the Oberheim sample and hold+filter pedal, make some drum voices and so on theyre nice to have.
e-grad
Will these pots fit AndrewF's boards such as Double Jerkoff and Two Neurons? If so I'm intersted in a couple of 100k lin pots.
Monobass
Safe to say I think that A1M and B1M will be in the next wave on the right angled.

For B2M pots... hmm well it's 1000 piece minimum order per value so i'd need a *lot* of incentive to order those smile
horstronic
Monobass wrote:
The improvement mentioned in the thread title is very simple but I think it'll be appreciated, my pots will come as standard without that annoying rectangular anti-rotation lug that you normally have to cut or break off in 99.99% of usages...

Finally applause
This has always been a pain in the ass, especially on bigger projects.
thorncore
e-grad wrote:
Will these pots fit AndrewF's boards such as Double Jerkoff and Two Neurons? If so I'm intersted in a couple of 100k lin pots.

yeah they are fine for those projects
e-grad
thorncore wrote:
yeah they are fine for those projects

Thanks!
Rumblin_Cynth_Rampo
C50K in right angle would be good too.

Glad you are going to stock these Steve.
Monobass
Rumblin_Cynth_Rampo - What project are you after the C50K for?
negativspace
horstronic wrote:
Monobass wrote:

Finally applause
This has always been a pain in the ass, especially on bigger projects.

+1000000000

That's the best thing I've ever heard. It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo
Monobass
The Alpha pots will be in stock a week tomorrow (December 12th 2014)
Monobass
Oh another thing you might like Jason, my pots come with the washers/nuts bagged separately wink
indigoid
Yay no tabs! I'm running low on pots again and have decided to build two of andrewF's monster panels, so will need eleventy billion thousand more

Thanks!

Regarding 50k pots - some of andrewF's designs can potentially use pots in that range, like the Jerkoff
rosch
After all the NLC stuff I will run short of vertical B100K soon (=bad). This is one of the best news recently, really. Makes life much easier (maybe not for banzai hehe but their own fault if they're more into guitar fx)
are you also planning to stock the bigger panel mount alpha some time in the future?
CliffordMilk
Just bought some A10K pots for the Mutant HighHats build.
negativspace
Monobass wrote:
Oh another thing you might like Jason, my pots come with the washers/nuts bagged separately wink

You're right, I do like that. 8_)
ultrashock
some center detent options?
and seems like right-angled is the one that is vertical on the first pic and vice-versa
Monobass
ultrashock wrote:
some center detent options?
and seems like right-angled is the one that is vertical on the first pic and vice-versa

There's not really consensus on this unfortunately! And it's a case of relative perspective.

Smallbear describe them the way you suggest, but the majority of suppliers and pot manufacturers describe them the way I have.
Kunfuz
I would like some vertical B500K for big muffs, and other pedals that my customers have an everlasting craving for thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2