MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Looper Pedals
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Looper Pedals
Spartacus
Bought a used JamMan Express XT and I'm happy with it.
Vorg
The Ditto X4 looks spectacular, I really appreciated the sound quality of the X2 but needed a midi-syncable one: now, there you have it!
smetak
Vorg wrote:
The Ditto X4 looks spectacular, I really appreciated the sound quality of the X2 but needed a midi-syncable one: now, there you have it!

Seems like a carbon copy of the Boomerang III, but with a friendlier user-interface.
Bonefish67
I have the ditto X4 on the way. I'll let you know how it works out. I can't wait to pair it up with the MF-104M, CT5 and the OBNE Dark Star. Next pedal on my hit list is the Red Panda Particle....Getting ready to F some shit up...
-Mike
pinhole_sunrise
Vorg wrote:

Just in case it's not obvious to folks, plus the manual isn't posted yet, you can use more than one of the effects at a time like on the Ditto x2. That was a concern of mine.
cheater
sascha.victoria wrote:
About 10 years ago I had a Boss RC20 which had a great reverse / over dub function. Looking at looping pedals now they are much more advanced but I don't see an easy way to record a loop, reverse, and overdub or make another loop. Perhaps I'm overlooking something. Any suggestions for a modern looping pedal?

This is probably obvious, but Ableton Live is the ultimate looper.
T of J
I use a Boss RC-505 and I couldn't be happier.
It easily operates with a shoeless foot and has tons of options.
Great for guitar and synths (or both).
...though it is huge...but you get 5 tracks.
vrl
As you "mature" more into looping, and start "looping with the big boys" as I call it... you may become interested in a more esoteric/obscure/arcane (or whatever) looper, such as this one in particular. Its a dual pedal looping device, though is not for everyone as it certainly has its own ups and downs...

https://web.archive.org/web/20070812224458/http://www.chs1.com/looper3 .html

https://web.archive.org/web/20070809204447/http://www.chs1.com/looper2 .html
scozbor
cheater wrote:
This is probably obvious, but Ableton Live is the ultimate looper.

Unless you are already using Ableton for a million other simultaneous tasks and you need a better interface than hitting the PAGE button 4 times to get to the looper controls (which you can never remember) hihi
smetak
vrl wrote:
As you "mature" more into looping, and start "looping with the big boys" as I call it... you may become interested in a more esoteric/obscure/arcane (or whatever) looper, such as this one in particular. Its a dual pedal looping device, though is not for everyone as it certainly has its own ups and downs...

https://web.archive.org/web/20070812224458/http://www.chs1.com/looper3 .html

https://web.archive.org/web/20070809204447/http://www.chs1.com/looper2 .html

Yes, right on the mark! Forget the Boomerang - this is THE looper!

But do they sell an auxiliary footswitch?
evs
I Love my ditto loopers! So intuitive and easy.

The strymon timeline is indeed a very good looper too. You can record the delay in the looper and than put a different delay into the recorded thing.. Great!
The time factor was too complicated. I found it not intuitive at all, sadly..

And what's about this zvex looper? Crazy expensive.
And they say it's analogue.. How can it be? Is there tape inside?
The sound is tempting..
smetak
evs wrote:
The strymon timeline is indeed a very good looper too. You can record the delay in the looper and than put a different delay into the recorded thing.. Great!

Only recently have I come around to fooling around with the Timeline's looper after I got the Multi - must say, having a good deal of fun with it, experimenting with the vast array of delays available - you can come up with some very wild and crazy sounds from it.
Jason Brock
Any Ditto X4 users care to offer opinions? It seems like the best bang for the buck, but I've read about some reliability problems on other forums.
smetak
Jason Brock wrote:
Any Ditto X4 users care to offer opinions? It seems like the best bang for the buck, but I've read about some reliability problems on other forums.

Despite my preference for a Boomerang III, for the price - the Ditto x4 is the best out there.

Bought it a while ago (have a bunch of Dittos - seem that you can never have enough Dittos) and have found no issues with it. Built like a tank and does what it has do quite well.
Granny
i have the ehx 720 and im very happy with it
Jason Brock
Granny wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking about that one too, I like EHX stuff a lot. The X4 may be overkill for me.
EDIT - I just ordered the 720. Smaller size and 10 memory slots won me over.
Sinamsis
I recently snagged the EHX 22500 second hand for a very reasonable price....I'm using it on my pedal board and dig it. BUT I really wish there was an external tap input. It's the only thing that's missing for me. The 720 doesn't have that, does it?

The Ditto stuff seems nice, but the x 4 is a pretty big footprint.
smetak
Jason Brock wrote:
Granny wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking about that one too, I like EHX stuff a lot. The X4 may be overkill for me.
EDIT - I just ordered the 720. Smaller size and 10 memory slots won me over.

To have just a single loop, I would go for either a Ditto or a ehx 360, which you can pick up used for around $70 or less.
Jason Brock
smetak wrote:
To have just a single loop, I would go for either a Ditto or a ehx 360, which you can pick up used for around $70 or less.

I had a coupon so the 720 came to $110 shipped, brand new. Dedicated stop switch and reverse/half speed are features I will definitely use.
bougie
love the simple ditto for on the fly looping, switches are soft too which is nice when using with fingers.

also use a strymon el cap in looping mode for gritty-degrading loops.

thinking of picking up one of those send/return module (malekko snd/rtn etc), to loop my euro stuff with pedals and send it back in.
anybody rocking a similar setup?
mgla
+1 for EHX Nano 360. Simple, reliable, gets things done.

Doubles as sampler / "intro playback" for live duties. Worth recording the intro to two slots for backup purposes, too.
smetak
mgla wrote:
+1 for EHX Nano 360. Simple, reliable, gets things done.

Doubles as sampler / "intro playback" for live duties. Worth recording the intro to two slots for backup purposes, too.

Just got one to use on a pedal board with a solidgold fuzz and wren & cuff octavia.
p.j.
YellowBlood wrote:
Has anyone tried one of these? It seems to sound ok and it's so tiny, I'd be very afraid to stomp on it lol

I have one. It is cool. Just have to be careful with the recording level so you don't overload it. Digital distortion is kind of ugly. I like that you can do the Bill Frisell speed up/slow down thing with this pedal. I also like that it has about 15 minutes of loop space. Great for the price and rock solid. You don't have to be afraid to stomp on it. Hotone pedals are all metal and tough.
Antlerface
In my experience if you want a compact but super easy to use looper the 360 is the way to go. The ditto x2 is a solid step up for a bit more real estate, and if you wanna go balls to the wall the Boomeramg or Infinity Looper are gonna be your guys!
indexofmetals
bougie wrote:
thinking of picking up one of those send/return module (malekko snd/rtn etc), to loop my euro stuff with pedals and send it back in.
anybody rocking a similar setup?

I've got two of those, mainly to access loopers. Well worth the HP space. I'm tempted to get another pair.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6