MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Looper Pedals
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Looper Pedals
MindMachine
MrNovember wrote:
monstrinho wrote:
MrNovember wrote:

This isn't quite what you're looking for but check out mode 3 of the Montreal Assembly Count to 5.
It has limited recording length (like ~8s I think) but in mode 3 it produces 3 layers of the loop with a speed control for each
http://mtlasm.blogspot.ca/p/count-to.html

Also mode 1 is a weird pitch shifting glitchy delay and mode 2 is a granular sampler. Overall, best pedal I own we're not worthy

Not exactly what I was looking for, but close, and seriously cool! Thanks for the link, I had never heard of any of these pedals at all.

Not a problem. They're a pretty small pedal company, I caught wind of them through another pedal related forum (ILF). The owner, Scott, is a really cool guy too.

I definitely recommend picking up a Count to 5. I've spent hours messing with mine. It won't give pristine loops or anything super accurate, but that's really not what it's built for.

I think I am sold on the Count to 5. Thanks a ton. That would be a trip w/ something like an Earthquaker Rainbow Machine after it.
Pris
monstrinho wrote:
Pris wrote:
Kaleidoloop [...]. Insanely expensive for what it is [...]

In a nutshell, yes. I imagine I would love it, but it's just crazy, crazy, crazy expensive for such a basic device. And yes, I understand the whole "support independent manufacturers blah blah blah" argument. At the end of the day, three bills will buy me a lot of other interesting things, so I can't justify it. I could get a used Boomerang 3 for the same amount, and I know which of the two I'd rather have...

I understand exactly what you mean.....,but anybody related to sampling/looping would love it. Actually I bought it for my six-year-old, so I was able to justify the purchase.
Good as a field recorder as well.
p.s. don't tell anybody else, but I don't care about manufacturers being independent or not that much 8_) 8_)
Rooftree
chvad wrote:
another oigtronix infinity lover here. the new firmware is fantastic. feature loaded. easy if that what youwant. deep if you want deep. the midi timing is awwwwwwesome.

The latest firmware update is working? The last I saw a few months ago there were still bugs. I guess I'd better download it and give it a shot.
EMwhite
Please let us know if the Pig firmware is now solid. There was the other thread, but my head was spinning trying to make sense of it. As always, I find more risk than fancy features that might not work.

Mine still has shipping version and aside from the few things that I know of which will reset it (self inflicted), it works well especially with Midi clock and that is important to me.
chvad
Rooftree wrote:
chvad wrote:
another oigtronix infinity lover here. the new firmware is fantastic. feature loaded. easy if that what youwant. deep if you want deep. the midi timing is awwwwwwesome.

The latest firmware update is working? The last I saw a few months ago there were still bugs. I guess I'd better download it and give it a shot.

Yeah, the Release Candidate 2.0 Build 150. That's been super stable and useable for me. Ive tested it a LOT with clocks with great results. Haven't had any stability issues.
Rooftree
Thanks chvad, that's great to hear! I think I'm on build 119. Time to update!
dadek
chvad wrote:
Ive tested it a LOT with clocks with great results. Haven't had any stability issues.

Being clocked, or clocking others? Guinness ftw!
Sinamsis
It's not a pedal but some people swear by this:

http://www.circularlabs.com/index.html

And I imagine you could program a MIDI pedal like an FCB1010 to control it.

Also the Timeline has a decent looper. Although only 30 seconds of looping.
chvad
dadek wrote:
chvad wrote:
Ive tested it a LOT with clocks with great results. Haven't had any stability issues.

Being clocked, or clocking others? Guinness ftw!

DEF being clocked. it doesn't transmit clock itself.
dadek
cool. i've been using my EH16 to clock my modular. it'd be cool to add a looper then clocked to that... eek! hrmmm....
dkcg
dadek wrote:
cool. i've been using my EH16 to clock my modular. it'd be cool to add a looper then clocked to that... eek! hrmmm....

Echoplex Digital Pro

I have yet to sync it to midi clock, it's usually sending clock out to everything (modular, drum machines, rack effects, etc.)

I was a bit disappointed that the Infinity has no midi output. EDP works great. Starts sending a midi clock and I think a start message as soon as you close the loop.
dadek
cool, i have an EDP as well, but have never used in this context. i'd just never paid any attention to the 'clock', as i'm usually a free time, textural kind of looper. exciting times. Guinness ftw!
ettubaby
Probably the most amazing use of a loopers I've seen was at a SXSW several years ago by this guy called Kishibashi. What ever pedal he was using, thats what I would use.
ray
The Ditto x2 is nice. You should take a closer look to the double tap and long tap functions. This is where most modern loopers fail.
I had the Digitech DL4, Boss RC20XL, RC300, Boomerang III, and still have the Ditto X2, Memoryman with Hazarai (also a looper) and will definitely stick to the oberheim/gibson echoplex edp pro which actually sends sync to the Strymon timeline. The Edp is my "newest" looper and really the most flexible one. And it feels really like an instrument.
kbithecrowing
ettubaby wrote:
Probably the most amazing use of a loopers I've seen was at a SXSW several years ago by this guy called Kishibashi. What ever pedal he was using, thats what I would use.

That good ol' DL4

Paranormal Patroler
MrNovember wrote:
monstrinho wrote:
MrNovember wrote:

This isn't quite what you're looking for but check out mode 3 of the Montreal Assembly Count to 5.
It has limited recording length (like ~8s I think) but in mode 3 it produces 3 layers of the loop with a speed control for each

Also mode 1 is a weird pitch shifting glitchy delay and mode 2 is a granular sampler. Overall, best pedal I own we're not worthy

Not exactly what I was looking for, but close, and seriously cool! Thanks for the link, I had never heard of any of these pedals at all.

Not a problem. They're a pretty small pedal company, I caught wind of them through another pedal related forum (ILF). The owner, Scott, is a really cool guy too.

I definitely recommend picking up a Count to 5. I've spent hours messing with mine. It won't give pristine loops or anything super accurate, but that's really not what it's built for.

love love That's a lovely pedal!
Jamesf1
Have a look into the Eventide Timefactor. Not specifically a looper but it does contain one that it is very straight forward to use. You can also get granular effects out of it which makes it good for experimental sounds plus all of the delays. Price isn't bad if you buy used either.
Kaput
Jamesf1 wrote:
Have a look into the Eventide Timefactor. Not specifically a looper but it does contain one that it is very straight forward to use. You can also get granular effects out of it which makes it good for experimental sounds plus all of the delays. Price isn't bad if you buy used either.

And they've very recently updated the firmware, so the Looper function is way better than previously (no annoying clicks, for one thing).
johnnydeformed
I have the Ditto X2 and it's fantastic. I tried the Jamman Stereo but I use the looper in my effects loop and hated the impact on tone the Jamman had. It would be cool if the stop/reverse/half speed function was footswitchable but it's a small gripe.
Rooftree
I just bought an RC-505 from a guy on CL in another city. It should arrive in a few days. If it works out as well as I expect it will be bye-bye for the Pigtronix Infinity.

I'm making the change so I can have 5 tracks with easy controls over each. Visual indicators of loop length and status should be nice too.

I'll report back once I have a chance to give the 505 a try.
Paranormal Patroler
Waiting on a 2880 in the next few weeks. Hey Rooftree, if you decide you're not into the RC505 I might be interested as it's high on my WTB list.
Rooftree
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Waiting on a 2880 in the next few weeks. Hey Rooftree, if you decide you're not into the RC505 I might be interested as it's high on my WTB list.

Nah, you don't want the RC505. It's terrible. But could I interest you in a Pigtronix Infinity that I'm selling?

Just kidding. lol So far the RC505 looks like a keeper. I haven't synced it to MIDI or done anything other than the basics yet. But it's allowed me to make music in a way that fits my personal style. It's super simple to record, start, stop and adjust levels for each track. And I was surprised to find that the onboard drum machine is fairly decent.
Paranormal Patroler
Would you be so kind as to record a track with the drum loops? There are no examples of the on-board drum tracks. very frustrating
glia
MrNovember wrote:
monstrinho wrote:
MrNovember wrote:

love love That's a lovely pedal!
that thing is gorgeous
Rooftree
Would you be so kind as to record a track with the drum loops? There are no examples of the on-board drum tracks. very frustrating

I'll try to get around to that this weekend. I'm swamped with too many things to do at the moment. Remind me if I don't get around to it by Monday.

FYI the rhythm section has a few dozen settings, each containing a non-tweakable rhythm. Rhythms are mostly simple and range from just a hi-hat, to hi-hat + kick, 909 kick and clap, acoustic rock kit, and a couple of Latin rhythms.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 3 of 6