MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Looper Pedals
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Looper Pedals
Paranormal Patroler
I fully understand their purpose and my intention is quite aligned to it: I want to have a drum track as an in-ear guide for my pianist to keep tempo. But still, I'm very curious as to their quality so some sort of demo would be excellent. Thank you very much for your time.
YellowBlood
Has anyone tried one of these? It seems to sound ok and it's so tiny, I'd be very afraid to stomp on it lol
blinosynth
do you think guys the 45000/2880 with an octatrack would sound cool?
or just a waste of money
octatrack is enough?
Paranormal Patroler
My only gripe with pedals such as the one above (or the Ditto pedal which is of similar fashion) is their lack of any form of external sync. I find that preposterous.
ChurchyLaFemme
I'm loving the Ditto! Simple and intuitive to learn, and offers a pretty long loop if you're trying to arrange an entire song.
DonaldCrunk
blinosynth wrote:
do you think guys the 45000/2880 with an octatrack would sound cool?
or just a waste of money
octatrack is enough?

I've dreamed about a 45000 plus Octatrack combination, it would really be synced looping heaven for ambient stuff.
zilzilzilzil
Boss RC-20 works fine, but I find it annoying. Might look into the TC Ditto and sell the boss
technicoloraudio
I never found the pickup machines on the octatrack to be sufficient replacements for a multitrack looper like the 2880/45000 or boomerang iii. I use the rang iii and sidecar and I love it. I like how I can't save loops. Everything is in the now. No future no past.
knifey
+1 for the Timefactor looper. WAAAY underrated and under-discussed. I use it exclusively as a looper.

I really need to record a demo of it soon.
smetak
knifey wrote:
+1 for the Timefactor looper. WAAAY underrated and under-discussed. I use it exclusively as a looper.

I really need to record a demo of it soon.

One of the wigglers opened my eyes to the looper on the Timefactor, which I had overlooked - still getting the hang of it, but, yeah, pretty amazing.
knifey
I think i was the one who was talking about the Timefactor looper in that other thread. smile
smetak
knifey wrote:
I think i was the one who was talking about the Timefactor looper in that other thread. smile

If it was you, man, can't thank you enough! If it weren't for your note, would have never even tried the looper on the Timefactor!!!
MindMachine
YellowBlood wrote:
Has anyone tried one of these? It seems to sound ok and it's so tiny, I'd be very afraid to stomp on it lol

I do not have Wally but do have the 'tape Eko' one. These things are the most robust pedals I have ever seen. You could break a windshield on a car with this sucker. The little bar on it protects the knobs. It may be a little wobbly to stomp since it is so small.

Wally temps me.
cram1960
I've had the Boomerang, Boss RC-20, Pigtronix Infinity and the Ditto.

I like the ditto the best...it's the simplest to operate. I might get the dual Ditto, just to be able to have 2 loops .

The Pigtronix was badassed, (had a lot of modes and functions, etc) but in the end simpler worked better for me.
krz
[quote="sascha.victoria"]About 10 years ago I had a Boss RC20 which had a great reverse / over dub function. Looking at looping pedals now they are much more advanced but I don't see an easy way to record a loop, reverse, and overdub or make another loop. Perhaps I'm overlooking something. Any suggestions for a modern looping pedal?[/quote]

A great resource for looping in general is the Looper's Delight website.
smetak
[/quote]

A great resource for looping in general is the Looper's Delight website.[/quote]

Amazing!!! Thanks!!
MindMachine
I love my EH Nano Loop 360 for simplicity and compactness, but NOW I see they have a new improved 720 Looper with Reverse and Octave down (edit: 1/2 Speed) like the 2880. Awesome. And it's stereo and has two switches for easy action.

http://www.ehx.com/products/720-stereo-looper

Killer demo:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/720Looper?adpos=1t1&creative=83 049425281&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=CPuFmNTSrcoCFcZlfgodNgc PSg

smetak
MindMachine wrote:
I love my EH Nano Loop 360 for simplicity and compactness, but NOW I see they have a new improved 720 Looper with Reverse and Octave down (edit: 1/2 Speed) like the 2880. Awesome. And it's stereo and has two switches for easy action.

Nice.
MA.n
scozbor wrote:
seriously!! stick an ableton sampler on it! throw hundreds of samples into it. map the sample selection, pitch, filters, reverb + delay to some knobs. play the samlper with keyboard/pads. SO MUCH FUN!

+1 in just recording through your DAW, unless you are looking for hardware looper..
knifey
Once again, I can't gush enough about the looper on the Timefactor. It's not another boring looper attached to a delay pedal. It's serious. I've preordered the Count To Five and I'm still keeping the Timefactor which i use exclusively as a looper/sampler. 

Sample start, loop length - you can trim it down to under 10ms. Granular stuff. 
Reverse playback/record with firmware update 
Multiple pitch-shitfing modes - octaves, 5ths, dominants, chromatic, free 
Multiple overdub/replace modes - glitch and pitch all you want 
Even has a basic LP/HP filter 
Sampling/recording speed - 1x, 2x, 1/2x, 1/4x.

The expression pedal can be assigned to MULTIPLE parameters with multiple value ranges (even inverted values). 

MIDI input for midi control of all parameters. Get a Keith McMillan softstep and control all of these with your other foot.
rembrandtvanrijn
smetak wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

Nice.

I just got one, it has a 60 second fadeout which is the thing I've been needing for ages!
smetak
rembrandtvanrijn wrote:
smetak wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

Nice.

I just got one, it has a 60 second fadeout which is the thing I've been needing for ages!

Ah yes, a trails mode. In good part, bought a boomerang (great pedal, but massive in size) due to the fade outs and ins. It would be the only effect that would make my day....if only the ditto had it. Needless to say, volume pedal a must.
doralin
I love the Strymon Timeline for looping - you can have the delay running at the same time while looping so sorta saves pedal real estate!
rembrandtvanrijn
smetak wrote:
rembrandtvanrijn wrote:
smetak wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

Nice.

Ah yes, a trails mode. In good part, bought a boomerang (great pedal, but massive in size) due to the fade outs and ins. It would be the only effect that would make my day....if only the ditto had it. Needless to say, volume pedal a must.

I let go of my Boomerang because the fade affects all loops at the same time...so it looks like I'm going to have four of these in my rig now! One in front and 3 at the end for each of my amps.
Hougaard
New Ditto X4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6FBgf5Me0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 4 of 6