MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wot no oscillators
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Wot no oscillators
Synthbuilder
woah

Thankfully, the new issue 5 VCOs are now with me for final testing. Paul should have these next week for shipping.

The new VCOs will have 16mm Alps/Alpha pot fittings. The obsolete SSM2210 is replaced by the THAT300 and a Synth.com power supply header is also on the board.

The new VC-LFO layout is currently my CAD project of the week. I expect the new board to be fully laid out in a couple of weeks. Boards should be back in stock for early March.

The new issue VC-LFO will feature Alpha 16mm pots and an optional Sock8 board for mounting the sockets. It will also correct the deficiency in the newer DG403 devices that won't trigger if the sync pulse is below 5V. Gone is the nearly obsolete SSM2220 to be replaced by a THAT340. I've also redesigned the core so that it should have better 1V/octave tracking at high frequencies.

There is a new panel layout for the VC-LFO. It will still adhere to THE GRID, but will have fine and coarse tune pots rather than the single pot and switch.

Tony
Noiseconformist
Synthbuilder wrote:

Thankfully, the new issue 5 VCOs are now with me for final testing. Paul should have these next week for shipping.

The new VC-LFO layout is currently my CAD project of the week. I expect the new board to be fully laid out in a couple of weeks. Boards should be back in stock for early March.
Tony

Hi Tony,

Sounds great!
What will be the size of your new boards?

Michael.
(I just realised that you want the mailing list to move - I simply forgot about Muff's ... sorry!)
Synthbuilder
Noiseconformist wrote:
What will be the size of your new boards?

The new VC-LFO is 4.1" (104mm) square. As is the new Comparator too.

Noiseconformist wrote:
I just realised that you want the mailing list to move - I simply forgot about Muff's ... sorry

I prefer this one, but the Yahoo Groups one will remain as long as there are people who use it.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1