MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Drumdokta2 sounds and info: Dinsync.info did it again!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Drumdokta2 sounds and info: Dinsync.info did it again!!!
infradead
Pretty stoked to be sharing this.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/2cv/doktatwo[/s]

Quote:

a quick jam on the doktatwo prototype#1 patch is cloq out to doktatwo and erbeverb, doktatwo set to optodist at full, doktatwo bd/sd trig outs to maths ch1/4 set to a/d, maths sum out to saravcf core 1 freq cv, doktatwo out to saravcf core1 input, saravcf core2 notch out to main mix, saravcf lp out to erbeverb in, maths ch1 out to erbverb size, maths ch4 out to erbverb reverse. (i hope thats it) some random manual tweaking of the saravcf and everything mixed down on a 40 year old akai reel to reel for a little extra crunch

The optodist that is referred to here is the RYO optodist a VC vactrol distortion/overdrive. Because let's face it we all want distortion and overdrive so why not build it in, especially when it sounds that nice

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ryo-optodist

More info to follow, including but not limited to HP and later on price point and distributors.
Parametex
Nice but how does it sound?
mckenic
we're not worthy
ignatius
edit. oh there it is!
phono1337
thanks chris thumbs up

well here's some more infos, we already have a working prototype, some revisions need to be made before going into production. We also need to beta test the sequencer code more etc

here's the current infos we can confirm

most likely 36 HP
sound core based on the original drumdokta but a lot quieter noise floor
bass drum,snare drum, open hat, closed hat, cymbal and clap included
built in Optodist JR in collaboration with RYO
7 track sequencer with up to 64 step tracks, in collaboration with Sonic Potions (LXR)
each track can have its own independent last step (poly rhythms galore)
6 aux trigger outs
clock in, reset, cv over snappy, cv over bpf.
euromorcego
we're not worthy

will there also be a possibility to just trigger the drum sounds and not using the sequencer?
SunSpots
please make sure it plays well as slave to other sequencers smile looking forward to this amalgamation
Kummer
Are there pre-orders? Can I pre-order now?? Take me money!!!!

Also,
Is it possible to get a separate external-in to process other sounds with just the optodist?
Kummer
euromorcego wrote:
we're not worthy

will there also be a possibility to just trigger the drum sounds and not using the sequencer?

And a Huge +1 to this
phono1337
euromorcego wrote:
we're not worthy

unfortunately no sorry
phono1337
Kummer wrote:
Are there pre-orders? Can I pre-order now?? Take me money!!!!

Also,
Is it possible to get a separate external-in to process other sounds with just the optodist?

too early for preorders, but we'll make some noise about that sooner to release of course.

The Optodist is not possible to use independently, if you want that i would just go ahead and buy one from RYO, it's really a great module
Liquidyzer
Any preliminary pics? Have the original dokta and it's awesome!
morphic
Cant wait glad the dokta2 has its own thread now we're not worthy

phono1337
Liquidyzer wrote:
Any preliminary pics? Have the original dokta and it's awesome!

you can see it if you poke about in instagram thumbs up

http://instagram.com/dinsync
Daisuk
phono1337 wrote:
euromorcego wrote:
we're not worthy

unfortunately no sorry

Damn, that's a bummer. It sounds great. Oh, well, can't have them all. wink
phono1337
Daisuk wrote:
phono1337 wrote:
euromorcego wrote:
we're not worthy

unfortunately no sorry

Damn, that's a bummer. It sounds great. Oh, well, can't have them all. wink

the sequencer is rather good though to make up for that smile
mckenic
Is this a completely new thing Paul or still based on the original machine?
I ask because I found the filtering in the Dokta a little subtle at times - although saying that having built in fuzz kinda tells me this aint gonna be subtle in nature hihi

thumbs up
euromorcego
Quote:
unfortunately no sorry

hu, indeed a bummer :( Also no chance for an small DIY expansion for trigger input? They mist be triggered somehow on the pcb.

I do have some trigger generators already, and even with the sequencer it would be good to be able to put some additional logic module between the tracks and the sounds. After all it's a modular, not an Aira ... wink
phono1337
mckenic wrote:
Is this a completely new thing Paul or still based on the original machine?
I ask because I found the filtering in the Dokta a little subtle at times - although saying that having built in fuzz kinda tells me this aint gonna be subtle in nature hihi

thumbs up

same core essentially, the bpfs are subtle yes and of the two the bpf2 control was dropped as that was really the most subtle and only affected the cymbal, so it was deemed unworthy of panel space on the MK2
phono1337
euromorcego wrote:
Quote:
unfortunately no sorry

hu, indeed a bummer :( Also no chance for an small DIY expansion for trigger input? They mist be triggered somehow on the pcb.

I do have some trigger generators already, and even with the sequencer it would be good to be able to put some additional logic module between the tracks and the sounds. After all it's a modular, not an Aira ... wink

sounds like you need a MK1 hehe but in its defence the sequencer does have up to 64 steps per track per pattern, that means each track can have its own step length, think about that for a moment smile

of course you could hack it, but that would void your warranty
mckenic
thumbs up

Sweet - thanks for the quick reply sir! Loking forward to this un!
bkbirge
CV control over pitch and decay on the kick perchance? The lack of trigger ins is indeed a bummer but I'll hold off judgement until I see the real deal. Sure sounds good though. If you get time I'm sure we'd all like to hear a non-distorted version, maybe showing off the accent feature.
NS4W
Strange choice to leave out trigger ins (or outs for that matter), making it less modular. Hopefully it will be easy to make a diy expander. hmmm.....
sauce
Well hopefully people will be selling off their version ones. I've been waiting and waiting for this and without external triggers, its pretty useless to me. Any chance of doing another run of the originals? Or just a core module without the sequencer? Kind of a version 1.5
meatbeatz
As crazy as it sounds, I've grown to like the noise floor on my v1 (vintage!). I also like that it crams a lot into 16HP... and trigger inputs. The v2 looks like it'll make for a great standalone drum machine especially with the built in Optodist. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12