MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Drumdokta2 sounds and info: Dinsync.info did it again!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Drumdokta2 sounds and info: Dinsync.info did it again!!!
infradead
Pretty stoked to be sharing this.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/2cv/doktatwo[/s]

Quote:

a quick jam on the doktatwo prototype#1 patch is cloq out to doktatwo and erbeverb, doktatwo set to optodist at full, doktatwo bd/sd trig outs to maths ch1/4 set to a/d, maths sum out to saravcf core 1 freq cv, doktatwo out to saravcf core1 input, saravcf core2 notch out to main mix, saravcf lp out to erbeverb in, maths ch1 out to erbverb size, maths ch4 out to erbverb reverse. (i hope thats it) some random manual tweaking of the saravcf and everything mixed down on a 40 year old akai reel to reel for a little extra crunch

The optodist that is referred to here is the RYO optodist a VC vactrol distortion/overdrive. Because let's face it we all want distortion and overdrive so why not build it in, especially when it sounds that nice

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ryo-optodist

More info to follow, including but not limited to HP and later on price point and distributors.
Parametex
Nice but how does it sound?
mckenic
we're not worthy
ignatius
edit. oh there it is!
phono1337
thanks chris thumbs up

well here's some more infos, we already have a working prototype, some revisions need to be made before going into production. We also need to beta test the sequencer code more etc

here's the current infos we can confirm

most likely 36 HP
sound core based on the original drumdokta but a lot quieter noise floor
bass drum,snare drum, open hat, closed hat, cymbal and clap included
built in Optodist JR in collaboration with RYO
7 track sequencer with up to 64 step tracks, in collaboration with Sonic Potions (LXR)
each track can have its own independent last step (poly rhythms galore)
6 aux trigger outs
clock in, reset, cv over snappy, cv over bpf.
euromorcego
we're not worthy

will there also be a possibility to just trigger the drum sounds and not using the sequencer?
SunSpots
please make sure it plays well as slave to other sequencers smile looking forward to this amalgamation
Kummer
Are there pre-orders? Can I pre-order now?? Take me money!!!!

Also,
Is it possible to get a separate external-in to process other sounds with just the optodist?
Kummer
euromorcego wrote:
we're not worthy

will there also be a possibility to just trigger the drum sounds and not using the sequencer?

And a Huge +1 to this
phono1337
euromorcego wrote:
we're not worthy

unfortunately no sorry
phono1337
Kummer wrote:
Are there pre-orders? Can I pre-order now?? Take me money!!!!

Also,
Is it possible to get a separate external-in to process other sounds with just the optodist?

too early for preorders, but we'll make some noise about that sooner to release of course.

The Optodist is not possible to use independently, if you want that i would just go ahead and buy one from RYO, it's really a great module
Liquidyzer
Any preliminary pics? Have the original dokta and it's awesome!
morphic
Cant wait glad the dokta2 has its own thread now we're not worthy

phono1337
Liquidyzer wrote:
Any preliminary pics? Have the original dokta and it's awesome!

you can see it if you poke about in instagram thumbs up

http://instagram.com/dinsync
Daisuk
phono1337 wrote:
euromorcego wrote:
we're not worthy

unfortunately no sorry

Damn, that's a bummer. It sounds great. Oh, well, can't have them all. wink
phono1337
Daisuk wrote:
phono1337 wrote:
euromorcego wrote:
we're not worthy

unfortunately no sorry

Damn, that's a bummer. It sounds great. Oh, well, can't have them all. wink

the sequencer is rather good though to make up for that smile
mckenic
Is this a completely new thing Paul or still based on the original machine?
I ask because I found the filtering in the Dokta a little subtle at times - although saying that having built in fuzz kinda tells me this aint gonna be subtle in nature hihi

thumbs up
euromorcego
Quote:
unfortunately no sorry

hu, indeed a bummer :( Also no chance for an small DIY expansion for trigger input? They mist be triggered somehow on the pcb.

I do have some trigger generators already, and even with the sequencer it would be good to be able to put some additional logic module between the tracks and the sounds. After all it's a modular, not an Aira ... wink
phono1337
mckenic wrote:
Is this a completely new thing Paul or still based on the original machine?
I ask because I found the filtering in the Dokta a little subtle at times - although saying that having built in fuzz kinda tells me this aint gonna be subtle in nature hihi

thumbs up

same core essentially, the bpfs are subtle yes and of the two the bpf2 control was dropped as that was really the most subtle and only affected the cymbal, so it was deemed unworthy of panel space on the MK2
phono1337
euromorcego wrote:
Quote:
unfortunately no sorry

hu, indeed a bummer :( Also no chance for an small DIY expansion for trigger input? They mist be triggered somehow on the pcb.

I do have some trigger generators already, and even with the sequencer it would be good to be able to put some additional logic module between the tracks and the sounds. After all it's a modular, not an Aira ... wink

sounds like you need a MK1 hehe but in its defence the sequencer does have up to 64 steps per track per pattern, that means each track can have its own step length, think about that for a moment smile

of course you could hack it, but that would void your warranty
mckenic
thumbs up

Sweet - thanks for the quick reply sir! Loking forward to this un!
bkbirge
CV control over pitch and decay on the kick perchance? The lack of trigger ins is indeed a bummer but I'll hold off judgement until I see the real deal. Sure sounds good though. If you get time I'm sure we'd all like to hear a non-distorted version, maybe showing off the accent feature.
NS4W
Strange choice to leave out trigger ins (or outs for that matter), making it less modular. Hopefully it will be easy to make a diy expander. hmmm.....
sauce
Well hopefully people will be selling off their version ones. I've been waiting and waiting for this and without external triggers, its pretty useless to me. Any chance of doing another run of the originals? Or just a core module without the sequencer? Kind of a version 1.5
meatbeatz
As crazy as it sounds, I've grown to like the noise floor on my v1 (vintage!). I also like that it crams a lot into 16HP... and trigger inputs. The v2 looks like it'll make for a great standalone drum machine especially with the built in Optodist. thumbs up
windspirit
Ouch, yeah I was really looking forwards to this but no external triggers is quite an oversight. Please make an easy expander to add trigger ins
phono1337
NS4W wrote:
Strange choice to leave out trigger ins (or outs for that matter), making it less modular. Hopefully it will be easy to make a diy expander. hmmm.....

there are 6 trigger outs, the 7th being the clap which we left off since its not a normal trigger
phono1337
bkbirge wrote:
If you get time I'm sure we'd all like to hear a non-distorted version, maybe showing off the accent feature.

as soon as we finalise the prototype i'll get some proper non filtered recordings made thumbs up
phono1337
I should also mention that the sequencer was written for us by Julian Schmidt of Sonic Potions (LXR drum machine)

w00t
NS4W
phono1337 wrote:

there are 6 trigger outs, the 7th being the clap which we left off since its not a normal trigger

Great! thumbs up

Will the sequencer have the probability per step just as the LXR? It's such a useful feature!
phono1337
NS4W wrote:
phono1337 wrote:

Great! thumbs up

Will the sequencer have the probability per step just as the LXR? It's such a useful feature!

i dont know what that is and i have an lxr here very frustrating lol
NS4W
phono1337 wrote:

RTF (page 16/17 in the) M! hihi
NS4W
NS4W wrote:
phono1337 wrote:

RTF (page 16/17 in the) M! hihi

Basically you just assign the chance (in percent) for the step to trigger. Adds life to a sequence. Trigger Riot also has this feature.
phono1337
i dont think we have that feature afaik
Kummer
Sorry if I missed it but does each voice have its own output??
phono1337
Kummer wrote:
Sorry if I missed it but does each voice have its own output??

it was originally planned but it didn't make the budget, theres only so much we can put in before it starts getting too expensive
euromorcego
Quote:
sounds like you need a MK1 hehe ...

yes, it looks like :(
But it is unfortunately no longer available.

Quote:
i dont think we have that feature afaik

But luckily, there is a very simple solution. grin If the drums had a trigger input, then one could easily use a 'MI Branches' or similar between sequencer and drums, et voila, there you can have steps with a certain probability.

That is the charm of modular: things are not hardwired. So, please, please, please, please ... look into an option to add trigger inputs to the DoktaTwo. It would increase the usability tremendously. I think many people see it this way.
phono1337
euromorcego wrote:

But luckily, there is a very simple solution. grin If the drums had a trigger input, then one could easily use a 'MI Branches' or similar between sequencer and drums, et voila, there you can have steps with a certain probability.

in an ideal world yes, however what one must consider is how far down the road we are in regards to investment. The best i could do now is perhaps try to find room for a header, and then you still would need to separate the trigger in lines from the cpu somehow.
windspirit
Buffering/ filtering could happen on the expander side...
phono1337
windspirit wrote:
Buffering/ filtering could happen on the expander side...

there is no planned expander seriously, i just don't get it
phono1337
ok so we have come up with a compromise (you can thank Julian for this idea)

we'll add some pads/holes for the trigger points on the next board revision.

You'll have to add transistors to your homebrew expanders and we'll document this when the time comes. However It will not be supported more than that and of course will be outside of warranty.

thumbs up
bkbirge
Are there no individual drum sound outs anymore? Just a mono output?
windspirit
phono1337 wrote:

You'll have to add transistors to your homebrew expanders and we'll document this when the time comes. However It will not be supported more than that and of course will be outside of warranty.

thumbs up

Thank you, sounds like a good compromise w00t
Slomen
Sounds really nice, I want one!
MindSnared
bkbirge wrote:

The first DrumDokta didn't have individual outs either, the breakout expander had some raw waveform outs but that's not quite the same thing. smile

phono1337 wrote:

thumbs up

Great news Guinness ftw!
bkbirge
MindSnared wrote:
bkbirge wrote:

The first DrumDokta didn't have individual outs either, the breakout expander had some raw waveform outs but that's not quite the same thing. smile

thumbs up

Yeah I know, I had one and loved it but the lack of individual outs was a main drawback and was a well discussed and popular feature request at the time so I'm very surprised that was dropped for this version.
euromorcego
Quote:

thumbs up

maybe it is possible to also add headers? To avoid soldering on the original pcb. Then it is up the everyone installing a proper expander. And if someone makes a mistakes the warranty is void (same as putting it into the dishwasher).

I am also not sure how to do it technically, but would it be possible to make jumpers on the original pcb. When connected everything is as planned: sequencer triggers the drums. When a connector is put on the headers the sequencer can be connected to the switch inputs of the trigger jacks. Then sequencer and external trigger could be used independently (just a thought).
infradead
euromorcego wrote:
Quote:

thumbs up

maybe it is possible to also add headers? To avoid soldering on the original pcb. Then it is up the everyone installing a proper expander. And if someone makes a mistakes the warranty is void (same as putting it into the dishwasher).

I am also not sure how to do it technically, but would it be possible to make jumpers on the original pcb. When connected everything is as planned: sequencer triggers the drums. When a connector is put on the headers the sequencer can be connected to the switch inputs of the trigger jacks. Then sequencer and external trigger could be used independently (just a thought).

The beauty of the other idea was that it avoided feature creep and added parts.
MoonPoly
LOVE this love ... very exited you decided to bring the dokta project back to life .. Thank you!!

two questions > Pattern memory? swing ?
euromorcego
Quote:
The beauty of the other idea was that it avoided feature creep and added parts.

no feature creep: just making sure that one can realize the original idea. Use a probabilistic gate between sequencer and drum. The easiest way I can imagine is a 2 pin header (per voice) and a jumper. That way the connection between sequencer and sound can be broken. A possible expander then takes care of the rest. Anyway, I shall wait and see ...
Comboy
the problem with adding probability is the interface.
since we have no knobs, no display and only buttons.
And all the button combos are already used wink
wired
Can't wait to see, hear and wiggle this baby thumbs up
windspirit
Comboy wrote:
the problem with adding probability is the interface.
since we have no knobs, no display and only buttons.
And all the button combos are already used wink

You could always have them press the button once to add 1% probability. That way they just click the button the number of times of their desired probability value.

(BTW this is a joke)
SunSpots
No trigger ins really ruins it for me too. I can't buy this... It's basically a standalone in disguise :(
milkshake
The cool thing about the MK1 is that you can feed it different size triggers, this has great influence on the sound (except for the clap).
artisokka
SunSpots wrote:
No trigger ins really ruins it for me too. I can't buy this... It's basically a standalone in disguise :(

Yep. Me too.

Seriously, i just don´t get this design choice. In another words: seriously, i just don't get it
euromorcego
Comboy wrote:
the problem with adding probability is the interface. since we have no knobs, no display and ...

No knobs? The interface of the module has no knobs?
hmmm.....
That is for the sequencer part only, i assume? Otherwise I would be seriously concerned. grin
NS4W
Has the interface leaked somewhere yet?
bkbirge
I'm still looking forward to it, just need to mentally force myself to drop my preconceived notions of what I thought it was going to be and judge it on its own terms whenever it's finalized.
stabilt
Would there be any interest in a DIY kit for the expander? With aluminum grey panel not our standard black.

Dinsync have given thumbs up for us making such a kit if there is interest.
Since you will need to solder on the Drumdokta 2 you would void your warranty, and for the same reason no assembled expanders would be available.

It could maybe even have a switch to either get the same trig length as you input or convert it to the same trig length as the internal sequencer have.
euromorcego
Quote:
Would there be any interest in a DIY kit for the expander? With aluminum grey panel not our standard black.

definitely yes. Even better if the module is already prepared in a way that minimizes the need for soldering (That is, of course, if the module itself is sufficiently interesting).

Quote:
... force myself to drop my preconceived notions of what I thought it was going to be and judge it on its own terms whenever it's finalized.

Indeed. Little use in discussing/criticising a module that hasn't even been released yet. Even if some of the design choices are a bit surprising, very surprising.
morphic
here's a nice photo

http://instagram.com/p/uLXC_ZRz2J/?modal=true

and can we get a handbag emoticon please

Enjoy the show!
nucleus
it is looking quite nice
phono1337
prototype #2

have a nice weekend thumbs up
mckenic
love
morphic
Mmmm in time for xmas ?
mantiwhore
Missing my Dokta. Will definitely get myslef the "2". And i think it will a good seller. Awesome work, Paul!
(dying to see the panel artwork!)
infradead
That big knob love
extra testicle
a way to make the triggering more "modular" that might be doable via software would be to do it 606/707 etc style and have a mode in place of clock in and reset in there is a start/stop input ("pause" while high?) and a 1 step advance input.

so you could do stuff like place triggers on a track, run that out through whatever to get the desired effect and then send it back in. or you could use those inputs to only effect the active track that is being edited? or you could flip the idea and make the reset a mute, etc.

just an idea. seems cool regardless. smile
windspirit
Pretty!
phono1337
bit of an omg moment this morning, AFX has a DrumDokta

http://noyzelab.blogspot.se/2014/11/syrobonkers-part2.html
desdinova
Thank you for keeping the features (read: price, both $£ AND hp) in check. Not everyone wants modular drums they just want some drums in their modular.
Cozmic023
Totally wanting one of these. Looks & sounds great.

Look forward to the updates.......

Cheers
Lee
dang_motu
Really jonesing for one of these. I am now stalking din sync on all forms of social for when the preorders start. What's the run in #'s going to be like?
qu.one
dang_motu wrote:
Really jonesing for one of these. I am now stalking din sync on all forms of social for when the preorders start. What's the run in #'s going to be like?

it's probably a little while away... Paul has been having huge amounts of fun with the 1st prototype. i haven't even started updated panel graphics yet.
dang_motu
Ah, good to know
qu.one
don't quote me for absolute fact though - i don't know what his timetable is yet!
phono1337
have been working on rev3 this week, its getting very close to completion, then another round of testing etc. thumbs up
bkbirge
Those instagram teases are boss.
morphic
red leds this just isn't dinsync.info cry

well ok the modseq had 1 red one

joking aside will some still be blue thumbs up
phono1337
morphic wrote:

the leds in the opto will stay blue so the look will flow right smile
morphic
we're not worthy
infradead
morphic wrote:

LEDs? You mean BLUE LASERS OF DOOM?

Cause that's how I know them.
morphic
Not as bright as some Ive seen maybe some but blue not so bright .

I like a bit of colour to break things up
phono1337
infradead wrote:
morphic wrote:

LEDs? You mean BLUE LASERS OF DOOM?

Cause that's how I know them.

i have no idea what you are talking about
morphic
thats where they got idea for the aliens in Avatar
phono1337
morphic wrote:
thats where they got idea for the aliens in Avatar

lol

poor Chris, I just hope he gets some tan in Hawaii

oh and i just pulled the trigger on the rev3 prototype w00t
infradead
A little tanner.

Awesome news.
phono1337
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/178047602" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

here's a recording of the revision 2 prototype (set to clean) along with a dpo and random sample in a phonogene into saravcf. Recorded onto tape then run through izotope mastering limiter.

thumbs up
Cozmic023
Lovin' that track Paul, the drums sounds are great.

I'm looking forward to the release.........

In the meantime, I've just purchased a circuit bent Alesis HR16 drum machine.

Keep me happy till the Drumdokta gets released.
StoneLaw
Oh man it's prob too late but please let it have an extra input to mix in external audio to the distortion!
phono1337
StoneLaw wrote:
Oh man it's prob too late but please let it have an extra input to mix in external audio to the distortion!

this won't be an option as it was part of the license deal with RYO that the optodist would be a "JR" version and not have this as an option.

If you want the distortion circuit you should pick up the full RYO Optodist module. If offers full cv control over distortion/signal and includes a switchable limiter. It really is a great inexpensive module which is why we wanted it on board in the first place.

http://escapefromnoise.com/tillverkare/ryo/

thumbs up
falafelbiels
That sounds absolutely fantastic, funkiest dr110 I have ever heard!

The way I see it, it's a great eurorack drumsequencer with a set of great drumsounds included.

kits?
Liquidyzer
phono1337 wrote:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/178047602" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

here's a recording of the revision 2 prototype (set to clean) along with a dpo and random sample in a phonogene into saravcf. Recorded onto tape then run through izotope mastering limiter.

thumbs up

Excellent applause how did you sequence?
phono1337
Liquidyzer wrote:
phono1337 wrote:

thumbs up

Excellent applause how did you sequence?

cloq and the dokta smile probably some rcd also, but otherwise thats it iirc
Liquidyzer
Ahh of course it has a sequencer not this shit again
FatRocky
fap fap fap... want!
Kunfuz
I have acid dreams about pairing this up with a stepper acid, osc303 mkII and VCF303 spinning
phono1337
rev.3 is built and working and all preliminary tests passed

oh and there are now some solder pads for the RYO diy trig in expander thumbs up
phono1337
small instagram video here

http://instagram.com/p/wJsKLRRz24/?modal=true
euromorcego
Quote:
oh and there are now some solder pads for the RYO diy trig in expander

thumbs up applause
Robbie
desdinova wrote:
Thank you for keeping the features (read: price, both $£ AND hp) in check. Not everyone wants modular drums they just want some drums in their modular.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If you need full service triggering and cv control and modularivity, there are plenty of individual drum modules out there. If you want a bunch of drm 110 sounds to trigger with your own array of triggery things, hunt down a Dokta V1 (which there happens to be one listed on feeBay that I may or may not know something about).

But if you're me and you want a drum machine inside your modular, this is dead on. Trigger outs are the sprinkles on top of the optodist frosting.
infradead
SPIDERS RUN!
mckenic
Drunken Homer Simpson

Vakkk... troooolllz!!!
bkbirge
And those are all for one module! lol
phono1337
bkbirge wrote:
And those are all for one module! lol

of course not hihi
phono1337
time for holidays at here at DinSync, so here's a look at the panel

Production starts mid January so it shouldn't be too much longer before these start making it out in the wild.

Meantime have a great holiday everyone w00t

cheers

Paul
NS4W
Nice RyO and Sonic Potions cameos!
Cozmic023
Nice layout....... Guinness ftw!

Happy holidays.......

Cheers
Lee
mckenic
Merry Christmas Paul and Happy New Year -

Looking forward to this in 2015! [EDIT that would be 2015 not the early ADs - lol!]

thumbs up
phono1337
mckenic wrote:
Merry Christmas Paul and Happy New Year -

Looking forward to this in 2015! [EDIT that would be 2015 not the early ADs - lol!]

thumbs up

I knew I had passed my deadline but not by that much lol lol lol
bkbirge
Yay! Individual outs! Only thing missing is CV over decays and pitches. Must have module!
phono1337
bkbirge wrote:
Yay! Individual outs! Only thing missing is CV over decays and pitches. Must have module!

its trigger outs actually wink
milkshake
Looks great.

But I'll keep my Dokta mk1 as there seem to be more tonal variation possibilities with different size triggers and the extra filter.
Need to get an Optodist though.
phono1337
I was going to save this as a surprise but there is an easter egg, so called InfraDead mode where if you program a step it makes all the steps on that step long trigs. Its not quite the same sure but its definitely that weird slur thing mr Infradead made popular thumbs up
bkbirge
phono1337 wrote:
bkbirge wrote:

Bummerz, was hoping you were throwing us red herrings earlier. Are there pads on the pcb for this if we wanted to build our own expanders? Looks like I can sell my amnesias though.
phono1337
bkbirge wrote:
phono1337 wrote:
bkbirge wrote:

Bummerz, was hoping you were throwing us red herrings earlier. Are there pads on the pcb for this if we wanted to build our own expanders? Looks like I can sell my amnesias though.

pads are on the pcb as promised, RYO will make a DIY expander thumbs up
Dogma
well this looks awesome. Have you announced pricing?
May I askk what sonic Potions had to do with this? Im gonna do an LXR and I was wondering if there was any crossover? I doubt it considering the LXR is entirely digital (its got a cv expander for it that gives you 8 cv's)
phono1337
Dogma wrote:
May I askk what sonic Potions had to do with this? Im gonna do an LXR and I was wondering if there was any crossover? I doubt it considering the LXR is entirely digital (its got a cv expander for it that gives you 8 cv's)

pricing tbc since we didn't get all the costs in yet, soon as we can though.

Theres not really any crossover from the LXR which is a whole other machine thumbs up
springreverb
phono1337 wrote:
euromorcego wrote:
we're not worthy

unfortunately no sorry

nooooooooo!

first the mk1 didnt have sep outs and now it does we cant trigger them !!!!
springreverb
phono1337 wrote:
bkbirge wrote:

..oh...walks off..
springreverb
phono1337 wrote:

Production starts mid January so it shouldn't be too much longer before these start making it out in the wild.

cheers

Paul

you could fit 16 buttons step buttons down the bottom with a slight rejiggle , all that empty space in the middle.
de_raaf
i think springreverb, doesnt know the concept of the drumdokta and what the goal is maybe read a bit more
falafelbiels
springreverb wrote:
phono1337 wrote:

cheers

Paul

you could fit 16 buttons step buttons down the bottom with a slight rejiggle , all that empty space in the middle.

You are going to keep walking off like this

There are more things that make up a module then just knobs and buttons, like actual circuits. You should check out the PCB, it is plenty full and cramped enough. Nothing wrong with this design. I need to make some monnie...

Kits?
morphic
I agree give Paul a break hes changed this lots already and dont forget he's a one man band ....

I think its going to be an awesome drum machine in my euro and I cant wait till next yr for the release .

Have a good holiday Paul and fellow wigglers
milkshake
springreverb wrote:

All that talk about stuffing modules with as much knobs and jacks as possible. not this shit again
The euro format is small as it is, you need room to wiggle!

The "InfraDead mode" is a great bonus.
Comboy
Dogma wrote:

I wrote the sequencer software for the Dokta.
Regarding the sound engines there is no overlap.
The Dokta is in its core a clone of the old Boss DR-110 (analog) and the LXR is completely digital.

The sequencer is mostly complete new code since the pattern structure is too different to use the same codebase and another processor is used.
bkbirge
Guinness ftw!
wired
Can't wait for this one, we're almost there w00t
Dogma
Its the only euro drum module im even considering (nord drum is too good) - I just hope the pricing is going to in my range
bkbirge
I want more info on the RYO expansion.
lionelfischer
besides this, is there any other euro lxr sequencer or desktop version or is there only an lxr drum machine with integrated sequencer available?
morphic
Anymore news
infradead
it lives!

so I got a package from sweden a couple days ago and I GOT A SHIRT!!

super dope says dinsync. oh yah and also a prototype.

its super fucking fun. also i'm a mode.

my only complaint is that my four year old keeps running off with my piece of paper that i use for my notes. damn it dude.
PolarIceCaves
infradead wrote:
it lives!

my only complaint is that my four year old keeps running off with my piece of paper that i use for my notes. damn it dude.

zomg PICS?S?!!

send me the older on loan for a bit Mr. Green
kuxaan-sum
infradead wrote:
it lives!

Sights? Sounds?
Rockin' Banana!
Comboy
I just send out a big box with programmed DrumDokta sequencer processors to Sweden today hyper
wired
Want Guinness ftw!
morphic
god damn you namm .....

odyssey
ms20m
sq1
prophet6 aarrgghh

dokta II still top of my next to buy list thumbs up
phono1337
https://twitter.com/dinsync/status/558173788043743232/photo/1

seriously, i just don't get it

(so close now)
morphic
thumbs up now whats my paypal password ....
GCF
I was pretty jazzed about the trigger outs on the BeatStepPro, but then I realized that the same $250 could be spent on the DrumDokta2 when it comes out. That will give me enough trigger outs to be satisfied, plus it will generate its own drum sounds.
phono1337
should have the pricing worked out next week, its crazy busy here at the moment as you can imagine smile

ill try and start a preorder list by the weekend either way thumbs up
phono1337
panels arrived love
morphic
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
bkbirge
Can't wait for the grayscale version. 😁 twisted hihi
phono1337
pre-order list opened

http://www.dinsync.info/2015/01/the-dokta-is-inwell-almost.html

thumbs up
wired
Yihaaaaaa!
PolarIceCaves
Coool
mckenic
Will this be a limited run please Paul?

thumbs up
infradead
bkbirge wrote:
Can't wait for the grayscale version. 😁 twisted hihi

Lmao hihi
phono1337
mckenic wrote:
Will this be a limited run please Paul?

thumbs up

well to a degree yes, since it does use some rare parts still but I have them stockpiled so we are good for a while. The main bottleneck this time around will be batches as it'll take some time to restock etc. But it will not be like the first time around in regards to waiting (hopefully hehe) thumbs up
mckenic
Thanks mate thats great news - broke ATM!
dJ dAb
That panel is making me all wet... Sexy time!
infradead
dJ dAb wrote:
That panel is making me all wet... Sexy time!

You should come over and play with the prototype dude.

We need to kick it again.
dJ dAb
Agreed. Need to hang and check it out!
infradead
Double post! Not on my watch and mostly not when i have mod powers to abuse!
morphic
did you make a video yet infradead hmmm.....
phono1337
i have a video that needs editing, but I'm hard at work assembling so its like catch 22 very frustrating

i'll try and get it posted soon thumbs up
phono1337

pre-order list is now closed, but don't worry it'll be shipping out to shops in the coming weeks

thumbs up
morphic
that was a great video .... very informative thumbs up

so so so glad I'm on the list

cant wait to see what's next maybe the next SARA module hyper
Dogma
So is there a retail price yet for the DD2?
Im so close to getting a Sara but the demo was 90% self oscillation and while id use it like that how does it play as a vanilla filter when required?
bkbirge
Dogma wrote:
So is there a retail price yet for the DD2?
Im so close to getting a Sara but the demo was 90% self oscillation and while id use it like that how does it play as a vanilla filter when required?

It's a great normal duty filter in my opinion.
morphic
agreed its a great filter use it all the time love
Dogma
Great - i think it will go very well with my system and I very much need a filter...

So Ive googled the bejesus out of this and I cant find anyone stocking this - even as pre-order....

Could someone please tell me how much the DD2 is likely to be?
morphic
you mean the sara filter or dd2 . post modular have the filter

as Paul said above stock going out soon for dd2
Dogma
But if pre-orders have been made ten money has changed hands right? Just trying to plan my system...
computer controlled
Super cool!

thumbs up
morphic
Dogma wrote:
But if pre-orders have been made ten money has changed hands right? Just trying to plan my system...

No. Its a pre order list Paul doesnt ask for money until the units are ready to ship been the same with all his modules thus far thumbs up
morphic
mmmm those ryo magnets look awesome nanners
wired
Expecting mail verrrrry soon Rockin' Banana!
phono1337
wired wrote:

w00t european preorder mails should arrive tomorrow
PolarIceCaves
phono1337 wrote:
wired wrote:

w00t european preorder mails should arrive tomorrow

ALRIGHT!
euromorcego
any info on price yet? hmmm.....
morphic
why's everyone writing very small? hmmm.....
morphic
is it like a whisper ?
morphic
I got mail thumbs up It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
GCF
morphic wrote:
I got mail thumbs up It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners

What is the word on pricing? Or has anyone in the US heard from Analogue Haven about pre-order pricing?

Thanks!
turin horsey
I know it's been brought up already but pretty-please on some kind of trigger input expander, i love modular precisely because it breaks the linear nature of traditional drum programming. Love the sounds!
flabby
I doubt it, but would there be any way to do an expander that gave individual audio outs?
mazzazza
An expander that will enable individual outs is in the pipeline apparently apparently, although it'll be a diy kit and will void the warranty as it requires soldering the main board. (I think Paul addressed this earlier in this thread)
mazzazza
(Audio outs)
flabby
mazzazza wrote:
(Audio outs)

Ahh right! I thought it was an expander for trigger outs.

Cheers!
mazzazza
There are already trigger outs I think - that's what the sockets on the top right are.
bkbirge
mazzazza wrote:
(Audio outs)

I asked RYO about this and got an email reply... apparently it's not audio outs but trigger inputs instead...

"We are working on an individual trig input expander for all the percussion voices and accent for those who want to be able to bypass the internal sequencer. According to Paul at dinsync.info it's not possible to tap the individual outputs without making the drumdokta2 circuit very big. The design isnt finalized yet but as it stands at the moment it will be 6hp and have a built in clock. It will require some relativly difficult surface mount soldering of wires on the drumdokta2 and void the warranty."
Dogma
Right so is anyone allowed to say how much this cost them? Id like to buy one but I have no idea how much to put aside.... I would have thought somewhere the price would have been said but no = its becoming rather annoying to be honest
itege
Dogma wrote:
Right so is anyone allowed to say how much this cost them? Id like to buy one but I have no idea how much to put aside.... I would have thought somewhere the price would have been said but no = its becoming rather annoying to be honest

Wondering this myself.
phono1337
Dogma wrote:

its not in the shops yet so this is why you can't find a price, I'm working flat out to get orders filled and we should see some of the first batch at Escape from Noise later this week for around 3300 SEK (swedish kronor) I can't say how much it will be at stores outside the EU block since they are dealing with shipping and import etc
morphic
Just got home from work to this thumbs up we're not worthy

PolarIceCaves
Mmm baby
wired
Mine arrived today. Today is a great day Rockin' Banana!
infradead
Awesome to see them in the wild.

It's a great piece of kit.
MindSnared
Hello!

We received our Dokta2 recently and we have indeed began working on the Dokta expander, so far development is going well but theres still a while to go before we have a working unit to show off or start estimating a price point.

I'm sorry but I can't really give much more details at the moment than what's already been forwarded to this thread, it's not our intention to be secretive or vague about it but its just too early to say, we appreciate your patience and are doing our best to make this expander as good and useful as possible!
morphic
Dinsync.info Acid Box

8_)
phono1337
morphic wrote:
Dinsync.info Acid Box

8_)

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
morphic
quick acid test … sorry about the iPhone quality and the finger at the start hihi

morphic
trans europa dokta2

using the trigger outs to trigger envelope on vcf303

loving this machine thumbs up
bkbirge
Are these in the USA yet?
phono1337
bkbirge wrote:
Are these in the USA yet?

boxes have been dispatched all over so its really a matter of days now thumbs up
OPT
Mine arrived today thumbs up
itege
Just ordered one from Control thumbs up
s o l v e n t
the voice in the beginning of this is screaming to be sampled and tr-tr-tr-triggered all over an acid track.

oh and the module sounds great!

morphic wrote:
quick acid test … sorry about the iPhone quality and the finger at the start hihi

morphic
haha I sound grumpy and croaky zombie
bkbirge
itege wrote:

They must be the first in the us to have stock.
itege
bkbirge wrote:
itege wrote:

They must be the first in the us to have stock.

Yeah, I'd been watching their site, they added it to their coming soon list and a few hours later made a post that they were now for sale.
phono1337
as of today they should be almost everywhere thumbs up
WhiteIsBeautiful
itege wrote:

same here
Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus
Socrates
sounding fabulous, will get one ordered asap!
johnbaptistephilouza
i dont know if this has been addressed or not, but is it possible to mute the actual sound of a track but still send the triggers thru that corresponding aux trigger out?
infradead
johnbaptistephilouza wrote:
i dont know if this has been addressed or not, but is it possible to mute the actual sound of a track but still send the triggers thru that corresponding aux trigger out?

i just checked.

muting the track stops the trigger out on mine
bkbirge
After a crazy lost package adventure with the USPS the Dokta is IN!!!!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/195617581" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

I wish the kick had more of a drop style decay but it is plenty fat already, turn it up and the bass will destroy the solar system. I'm glad I've kept my MFB kick module though just for those basslines it can spit out. Also, for some reason, despite watching this thread since forever I didn't realize that there is no clock. Seems weird to have a sequencer with no internal clock. The noise floor on this is miles away better than the first version and I do like what the RYO distortion can do (in small doses). The sound is great. It's a winner. Now if only it had individual audio outs.

The sound you are hearing is the dokta2, some spx-90 effect jumping in and out, and an mfb kick doing the "pew pew" kick sounds. Clocked by an Anushri by way of a couple of dinsync's Amnesias acting as clock dividers and swing generators. Random pulse from Turing machine (synced to clock) hits the reset of the dokta and the cv on the bandpass filter got noise from a Jupiter Storm. Some crossmodulated lfo's open and close a feedback loop from the dokta's output in the Serge Resonant EQ for those growly sounds.
morphic
^^^^ nice thumbs up
nearly ghost
bkbirge wrote:
Now if only it had individual audio outs.

Nice demo! Im getting GAS for mine now which is on the way hyper

How did you get that nice shuffle with the amnesia?

I agree audio out would be AMAZING! Was hoping for an expander but pretty sure its not going to happen.
Oldstench
nearly ghost wrote:

Looks like he's using the Stepper Acid for main clock duties. That has swing.
bkbirge
Oldstench wrote:
nearly ghost wrote:

Nope, don't have a stepper acid, though it looks really cool. I was clocking with an Anushri fed into a pair of Amnesia's, straight clock. The "on" of each is offset and that gives the shuffle feel, combined with the semi-random reset of the pattern. One went to the MFB kick and the other to the clock in of the Dokta.
morphic
bkbirge wrote:
Oldstench wrote:
nearly ghost wrote:

Nope, don't have a stepper acid, though it looks really cool. I was clocking with an Anushri fed into a pair of Amnesia's, straight clock. The "on" of each is offset and that gives the shuffle feel, combined with the semi-random reset of the pattern. One went to the MFB kick and the other to the clock in of the Dokta.

Think there was some confusion with your sound clip and my video d'oh!
alamandra
Just saw what they cost. I was expecting about 100-150 more not because anyone suggested that I just thought for the amount of stuff in it.
nearly ghost
bkbirge wrote:
Oldstench wrote:
nearly ghost wrote:

Nice. Thanks for the insight it sounds really groovy : thumbs up yea this module is a bargain! Not a bad bundle of features for less than a second hand trigger riot.
johnbaptistephilouza
my only fault with it is that if I want to use the aux trigger out to trigger something else, that track is still audible through the output which is kind of a bummer but I know ultimately it's a drum module and not a step sequencer (which i'm thankful it does have this option), i'm guessing the only way around that is to set the balance hard left or right and use those tracks that are filtered out of the mix
infradead
my only fault with it is that if I want to use the aux trigger out to trigger something else, that track is still audible through the output which is kind of a bummer but I know ultimately it's a drum module and not a step sequencer (which i'm thankful it does have this option), i'm guessing the only way around that is to set the balance hard left or right and use those tracks that are filtered out of the mix

i was using it to trigger my drum dokta mk1 today and it was pretty damn sweet.
bkbirge
Dokta2 up the middle, MFB "kick" on the left via Amnesia. Anushri drums on the right. Anushri pitched thing up the middle with an envelope from Galilean Moons triggered by another Amnesia. Everyone getting a different random reset point from a Turing machine. It's like puking rainbows.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/196251563" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
bkbirge
A more conventional tune, using the Dokta2, there is a touch of the RYO distortion on this, a little goes a loooonnnngggg way. Clocked with an Orbitals, just a straight 16 with very little variation, the kick is super tight but super fat, listen on a good system and it will punch you in the chest. Lots of Memorymoog, some bass guitar, and jazzy Rhodes rounds it out. I think the Dokta2 will stay in my rack longer than the 1st did, the basic sound is great, but it really needs separate audio outs to make it a workhorse production machine, as opposed to a flavor box IMO.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/197058618" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Liquidyzer
Anyone worked on the trigger in mod yet?
Dogma
bkbirge wrote:
A more conventional tune, using the Dokta2, there is a touch of the RYO distortion on this, a little goes a loooonnnngggg way. Clocked with an Orbitals, just a straight 16 with very little variation, the kick is super tight but super fat, listen on a good system and it will punch you in the chest. Lots of Memorymoog, some bass guitar, and jazzy Rhodes rounds it out. I think the Dokta2 will stay in my rack longer than the 1st did, the basic sound is great, but it really needs separate audio outs to make it a workhorse production machine, as opposed to a flavor box IMO.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/197058618" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Nice and Frenchy!

Ive been thinking about this - i obviously would like seperate outs - I aslo like the price. I say double it easy for this - and at the end of the day its a modular drum machine, not a machine drum/OT.

Id like to know though exactly what sanctioned or not, ex panders are planned for this because ive heard many things so it would be great to hear from Paul for sure.....
phono1337
there are no planned expanders from dinsync, however RYO are making one that is in progress but will be a DIY kit and require some decent soldering skills.

in regards to the separate outs, to do it properly would have taken an accent circuit for each voice as well as an output stage, of course this would be possible but would not have been anywhere near on budget. You could mod this yourself but it would require some hacking since you would need to uncouple the internal mixer
Dogma
phono1337 wrote:
there are no planned expanders from dinsync, however RYO are making one that is in progress but will be a DIY kit and require some decent soldering skills.

Can you expand? tumbleweeds... This is fun!

in regards to the separate outs, to do it properly would have taken an accent circuit for each voice as well as an output stage, of course this would be possible but would not have been anywhere near on budget. You could mod this yourself but it would require some hacking since you would need to uncouple the internal mixer

So how possible, not to start a whole thing but if i like it as much as I think Id have a crack, the accents would be the hardest i suppose but the mixer could be Frankensteined on the back maybe?
phono1337
officially its not possible to do

unofficially its not going to be a simple thing since it would involve some delicate work including trace cutting and soldering to smt pads.
nearly ghost
phono1337 wrote:

unofficially its not going to be a simple thing since it would involve some delicate work including trace cutting and soldering to smt pads.

I would love individual out too but there's no way i would be capable of doing these delicate mods.

Is this mod something you would consider offering customers. I would be happy to pay a bit extra to get mine modded, though I'm sure it wold be time consuming obviously if it's too much hassle or too costly it wouldn't be worth doing.
Dogma
phono1337 wrote:

Hmm no thanks! If ever i was in the position of having a spare maybe but Im more than happy to accept it for what it is. Honestly another out is all id like but the sound, the look all 100%
phono1337
anyway we totally sold out of the drumdokta2 here MY ASS IS BLEEDING

of course there are still plenty of units out in the shops and there is a new batch due here at the end of the month so hopefully there wont be any shortages

thumbs up
morphic
Great stuff Paul

Whats next on the Dinsync.info work bench ?
phono1337
morphic wrote:
Great stuff Paul

Whats next on the Dinsync.info work bench ?

another batch of sara vcf on the heels of this next dokta run then work starts on the sara vco smile
morphic
Cool what features will the vco have . Cant wait screaming goo yo
phono1337
morphic wrote:
Cool what features will the vco have . Cant wait screaming goo yo

too soon d'oh!
bkbirge
I'd be ok with being a guinea pig for the individual outs on the dokta2 if you publish what needs to be done.
panomega
bkbirge wrote:
I'd be ok with being a guinea pig for the individual outs on the dokta2 if you publish what needs to be done.

+1
phono1337
bkbirge wrote:

phono1337 wrote:
bkbirge
phono1337 wrote:
bkbirge wrote:

phono1337 wrote:

Lol, bastard. Smacked in the head with a trout
infradead
lol hihi
phono1337

hmmm.....
morphic
Wigan's chosen few?

applause applause
modezart
hey paul, the start/stop after the upgrade works amazing.

not sure if someone mentioned it already but how about a upgrade that the mutes wont effect the gate out?
thats the one thing beside single outs i think would be really amazing.
if you sequence drums audio could be muted without muting the cv of the channel... well that would be a massive improvement in my opinion smile

thanks for everything , your 303 dokta combo is so much fun to use...

great stuff
phono1337
morphic wrote:
Wigan's chosen few?

applause applause

Guinness ftw! hihi
phono1337
modezart wrote:
not sure if someone mentioned it already but how about a upgrade that the mutes wont effect the gate out?

the trig outs are directly connected to the trig lines (via buffers) so not possible in software sorry
maltemark
phono1337 wrote:

:hmm:

I NEED this t-shirt
morphic
I got the clap.....

thumbs up
infradead
nice!!
rhythmdial
I don't think this was completely answered so here goes ~ if you use the cymbals or open hihat for a trigger, those 2 sounds can each be made silent with their decay all the way down, but you can still get the trigger out. I have used mine like that to trigger a tiptop MA808 maracas from the drumdokta2 cymbals, makes for a simple setup. you can also tune the bassdrum in a way to get it to hide in a mix, I want to try triggering some nasty mean hard stomper kick from the BD that will just push the dokta aside when its playing.
thumbs up
rhythmdial
DD2 open hihat on 4/4 to trigger bd909 here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zaFL4qXJlg
Southfork
Any updates on trigger input mod? Would be great letting an advanced trigger sequencer like the trigger riot loose on this bad boy thumbs up
bkbirge
Here's some drum dokta2 sounds in a simple track I just made. The dokta is triggering the 'bass' and other non-vocoder elements here. The cool thing about this drum machine is that the sounds just sit so nicely in any mix and it's enough different from the standard 808/909 fare to sound fresh...

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/224736786" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
JimmaJamJamie
Currently in the market for a drum machine but also desperately wanna start a Eurorack system. This seems like the perfect solution as I will have to buy a case to use it (therefore beginning my Eurorack journey). I would either be buying this or getting a TR-8.

Would it be viable to use this as a standalone drum machine for the minute till I have more funds to fill the case with other modules? (I imagine I would clock the Dokta2 using my Volca Bass or a Beatstep Pro).
phono1337
JimmaJamJamie wrote:
Would it be viable to use this as a standalone drum machine for the minute till I have more funds to fill the case with other modules? (I imagine I would clock the Dokta2 using my Volca Bass or a Beatstep Pro).

its an all in one solution, essentially a drum machine in a module which includes a powerful trigger sequencer which can of course also be used to trigger drum modules. One thing to note is that it needs an external clock, that could be an lfo, square wave etc. The volca sync might not work, I've not tried but i do know historically the korg things tend to be half clock speed.
rhythmdial
JimmaJamJamie wrote:
Currently in the market for a drum machine but also desperately wanna start a Eurorack system. This seems like the perfect solution as I will have to buy a case to use it (therefore beginning my Eurorack journey). I would either be buying this or getting a TR-8.

do it up! that was my gateway into modular too. I have a few other drum machines but the way the DD2 can be used really sealed the deal, its a terrific sequencer and user interface
infradead
rhythmdial wrote:
JimmaJamJamie wrote:

do it up! that was my gateway into modular too. I have a few other drum machines but the way the DD2 can be used really sealed the deal, its a terrific sequencer and user interface

euro, its a hell of a drug
bemushroomed
Is there a way to mute for example the bassdrum from the drumdokta2 while still having it triggering the BD out?

If not i think that is a big oversight since you then would have to use either the built in sounds or another sound source, not both at the same time (unless you like having the sound of 2 BD's, or just using antoher sequencer completely for the BD). Maybe there's a way around it that i havent figured out.

Also, some constructive criticism. While i really like the sound of the DD2, the buttons are not very good. I fairly often find myself having to press twice. Previously i had a MFB SEQ-01 https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mfb-seq-01 While those tiny round buttons might not look like much i would've much prefered buttons exactly like that, they are very responsive and it was a lot more fun to program it because of that. Two rows of those instead of 1 row with the large buttons and having to use shift (also something that i find breaks the workflow a bit), that would have made this unit amazing, imo.
phono1337
bemushroomed wrote:
Is there a way to mute for example the bassdrum from the drumdokta2 while still having it triggering the BD out?

If not i think that is a big oversight since you then would have to use either the built in sounds or another sound source, not both at the same time (unless you like having the sound of 2 BD's, or just using antoher sequencer completely for the BD). Maybe there's a way around it that i havent figured out.

Also, some constructive criticism. While i really like the sound of the DD2, the buttons are not very good. I fairly often find myself having to press twice. Previously i had a MFB SEQ-01 https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mfb-seq-01 While those tiny round buttons might not look like much i would've much prefered buttons exactly like that, they are very responsive and it was a lot more fun to program it because of that. Two rows of those instead of 1 row with the large buttons and having to use shift (also something that i find breaks the workflow a bit), that would have made this unit amazing, imo.

thanks for the feedback and these are some valid points. Yes the button response could be better. Julian really has pushed that tiny 20mhz atmel chip running the sequencer to it limits and the mandate I asked from him was accurate timing, so the priority is given to that before the button scanning routine. If you consider this and the price point it should make sense hopefully.
bemushroomed
Yes the price is great for what you get, totally agree there. The built in dist is excellent too SlayerBadger!
phono1337
just saw this from RYO

ask them for details as its their project not mine wink
Southfork
phono1337 wrote:
just saw this from RYO

Awesome, looks like the trigger IN expander, has a few extras bolted on too thumbs up
hyena
WOW!!!
i just traded a monomachine for a beatstep pro and a bunch of modules , a dokta2 was in the mix smile
it was the only one i had doubts about for the lack of trig ins and sep. outs, it arrived today, it sounds great and with the separate trig ins it will be a perfect companion for the zorlon and grids!!!

please confirm us RYO that this is really happening!!!

take my grin
bemushroomed
Hope there will be pre made units.. many of us doesnt do DIY.
hyena
well, given the absence of ports on the back the minimum required will be to solder some header or how they are called on the back of the dokta!
bemushroomed
hyena wrote:
well, given the absence of ports on the back the minimum required will be to solder some header or how they are called on the back of the dokta!

Right.. i forgot about that. Well might be my first DIY if its not too complicated smile
hyena
mine too mate smile
neuroportal
Just received a DrumDokta 2 to replace an MFB522.

This thing sounds awesome. Only had a quick play but this is so much more accessible than the 522 was.
stabilt
It has to be DIY as you need to solder some on the Doktatwo also since it lacks expansion header. At your own risk!

One thing is lacking on the pic above and that's a small pushbutton for reset that we have squeezed in now. We hope to prototype it before xmas!
phono1337
in case some of you missed it i posted up a video on facebook the other day showing how to find the hidden "Infradead" easter egg, no idea if this link will work here but here it is smile

https://www.facebook.com/dinsync/videos/961530450598210/

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
morphic
Well I'm fucked... Thats me sorted tonight thumbs up
phono1337
stabilt wrote:
We hope to prototype it before xmas!

sad banana
thispoison
phono1337 wrote:
in case some of you missed it i posted up a video on facebook the other day showing how to find the hidden "Infradead" easter egg, no idea if this link will work here but here it is smile

https://www.facebook.com/dinsync/videos/961530450598210/

MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Can't wait to try this - DrumDokta 2 is back in it's box awaiting a new rack, so tempted to do some swapping ! hyper
stabilt
phono1337 wrote:
stabilt wrote:

sad banana

We were way to stockpiled with work before xmas and we haven't had the funds yet after new years. All funds have gone to funding restocks to fill orders to resellers. The gerbers are ready for prototyping.

Payments for those orders after new years is inbound now.
pitri
stabilt wrote:
phono1337 wrote:
stabilt wrote:

sad banana

We were way to stockpiled with work before xmas and we haven't had the funds yet after new years. All funds have gone to funding restocks to fill orders to resellers. The gerbers are ready for prototyping.

Payments for those orders after new years is inbound now.

did this ever happen?
rhythmdial
with some DIY solder projects under my belt now I am thinking more and more about mods for the drumdokta2, especially to get some of the audio their own outputs even just the claps and the kick isolated from the rest if possible would be a giant leap for how I use the module in making tunes.
cybomat
Southfork wrote:
phono1337 wrote:
just saw this from RYO

Awesome, looks like the trigger IN expander, has a few extras bolted on too thumbs up

Hi Guys,
Do you know if there are any news regarding this DIY expander? Was it build and is it possible to order at RYO?
Or are there any other DIY guidelines for a similar expander?
Thanks!
RubberGong
stabilt wrote:

Dinsync have given thumbs up for us making such a kit if there is interest.
Since you will need to solder on the Drumdokta 2 you would void your warranty, and for the same reason no assembled expanders would be available.

It could maybe even have a switch to either get the same trig length as you input or convert it to the same trig length as the internal sequencer have.

yes!
ratch
phono1337 wrote:
just saw this from RYO

Exciting! The drum dokta 2 sounds SO GOOD. This is much needed to sequence it externally.
RubberGong
phono1337 wrote:
just saw this from RYO

Nice smile
andrus
cybomat wrote:
Hi Guys,
Do you know if there are any news regarding this DIY expander? Was it build and is it possible to order at RYO?
Or are there any other DIY guidelines for a similar expander?
Thanks!

I sent an email earlier this month. I haven't heard back yet, but I too would really like this!
pynchy
RYO is the expander possible to order?

This would make this module even more amazing than it already is.
Pailo
i'd be into it too!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 12