MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Has anyone used an updated Malgorithm yet?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Has anyone used an updated Malgorithm yet?
chocolatyshatner
Just wondering what the changes are . . . I like mine, but not sure if I want to sell it to make space or update it and see if anything new catches me. Ahh . . . the eternal Euro Wiggler question: sell for something new, or be happy with what you have? applause La Ronde, what what will be next?
MindMachine
What are the changes?
berfmurret
bit depth goes up to 12 bits instead of 8?... is the sample rate higher, too?..

yeah..........
MindMachine
berfmurret wrote:
bit depth goes up to 12 bits instead of 8?... is the sample rate higher, too?..

yeah..........

Not so savy with the digital speak... what does this mean? Finer attenuation of cv inputs? I guess smoother handling of audio?

Thanks.
rechner7
i upgraded my malgo at schneidersbuero. unfortunately i didn't have the time yet to check the differences in practice. after a quick check, i had the impression that (at least in my eyes) annoying amplitude jumps of the signal after switching modes are less.

afaik there are new modes by combining the rectifier with the volvoli modes. another different is that cv-bit and cv-rate should influence more than just bit depth and nyquist freq if the volvulus mode is used..
afaik bit depth is now 10bits instead of 8.
Exuviae
Is this an upgrade that can be done to an older unit?
worker8
rechner7 wrote:
... i had the impression that (at least in my eyes) annoying amplitude jumps of the signal after switching modes are less.

It's the same with Doepfer's bit crusher. A consequence of bits shifting.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1