MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CGS Super Psycho LFO in new 5U MOTM panel format
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author CGS Super Psycho LFO in new 5U MOTM panel format
pugix
Yesterday, as the power blipped on and off during the blizzard (I'm in central Virgina, where we had a big snowstorm), I managed to finish building this new module. The power stayed off only about 30 seconds at at time, not enough for the soldering iron to cool down much.

http://pugix.com/synth/cgs-super-psycho-lfo/

Today we awoke to no power in the all-electric house, heated by heat pump, and ate a cold breakfast with no hot drink. I have to cheer the crews working to restore power. We had it back by 2:30 in the afternoon, enabling me to test out this module and create the post on my website. Boy, do we depend on electricity! This is the longest outage we've experienced here in five years.

I can't wait to start using this! What a great pseudo-random voltage and audio source! The only reason I never built one before (Ken Stone created it in 2002) was because I didn't want to use 2U of space for a module with no VC inputs, lots of pots, and one output. The new panel format I've been using made it possible. You can download a Front Panel Express panel file from the page above.
sduck
That looks great! I really like your "new" style - and it works great for those little CGS modules!
JohnLRice
Beautiful looking build, Richard! applause
emdot_ambient
Wow, sexy! Can't wait for demos Mr. Green

I suppose with the glide function having only square wave outputs isn't such a limitation.
doctorvague
Your stuff always looks great and it's very cool you document it so nicely too!
thumbs up
essex sound lab
Very nice!

Now I see why you're certain that the MMM Quad Delay can fit in 1U. thumbs up
pugix
emdot_ambient wrote:
Wow, sexy! Can't wait for demos Mr. Green

I suppose with the glide function having only square wave outputs isn't such a limitation.

That's right. The glide function is just a 1-pole low pass filter with an exponential curve. But it does the trick to smooth the output. I made a quick patch to play around with it and will post some MP3 files soon. I have lots of ideas. One one Psycho LFO? No problem, since nearby is the Modcan CV recorder -- I can have 4 Psycho LFOs! And all can be speeded up and slowed down by the Modcan playback.
pugix
Thanks for the compliments, by the way! It's nice to know my stuff and website is fun and helpful for people.
dude
that panel is AWESOME!
pugix
Here's a little demo. The Super Psycho LFO is multiplied x4 by the Modcan CV recorder. I'm still fooling around with the patch.

http://pugix.com/synth/wild-beast/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1