MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

PS3 controller to CV (with 32 degrees of control!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s  
Author PS3 controller to CV (with 32 degrees of control!)
scottwilson
Just a quick heads up for anyone playing around with the nw2s::b and sad that the monome folk are having all the USB fun.

I've added support for the PS3 controller - specifically the Dualshock 3. There is a base class that will let anyone who wants to leverage the basic framework to build their own controllers as well as a fully functional PS3 to CV converter which can generate 16 different triggers and 16 separate CV outputs.

I have some fine tuning to do on the sensor inputs, but other than that it's ready to play with if you're looking for something fun to do over the upcoming days off...

Here's the mapping as it stands now:

Code:

Triggers:

1 U
      2 D
      3 L
      4 R

5 SELECT
      6 START
      7 L3
      8 R3

9 L2
      10 R2
      11 L1
      12 R1

13 TRIANGLE
      14 CIRCLE
      15 CROSS
      16 SQUARE

CV:

1 LEFT HAT X
      2 LEFT HAT Y
      3 RIGHT HAT X
      4 RIGHT HAT Y

5 PITCH
      6 ROLL   
      7 ACCELEROMETER X
      8 ACCELEROMETER Y

9 L2 PRESSURE
      10 R2 PRESSURE
      11 L1 PRESSURE
      12 R1 PRESSURE

13 TRIANGLE PRESSURE
      14 CIRCLE PRESSURE
      15 CROSS PRESSURE
      16 SQUARE PRESSURE
mckenic
eek!

Wow - very, very cool! thumbs up applause
a scanner darkly
This is fantastic. I have some shopping to do this weekend.

Just checking the code, rumble and LEDs are supported as well, awesome! Are you planning on porting the PS4 library as well?

I assume using bluetooth would be too slow compared to USB?
scottwilson
Bluetooth won't work simply because both devices are bluetooth clients and neither is a host, so they can't pair together.

But yes, rumble and LEDs are supported as well.

-s
spacenoodle
scottwilson wrote:
Bluetooth won't work simply because both devices are bluetooth clients and neither is a host, so they can't pair together.

But yes, rumble and LEDs are supported as well.

-s

I've been using a PS3 controller wired to the b for a while and figured I'd get a Dualshock 4 working with it and now wirelessly. Looks like it can be a host. Let me know if you foresee any problems.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/USBHost

The USBHost library allows an Arduino Due board to appear as a USB host, enabling it to communicate with peripherals like USB mice and keyboards. USBHost does not support devices that are connected through USB hubs. This includes some keyboards that have an internal hub.

EDIT: apparently the existing USB host libraries are not compatible with the Due's native USB yet. So no wireless. But it looks like everything is written for a wired PS4 controller.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s  
Page 1 of 1