MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Who's Coming?! East Bay (or Bay Area) Ciat-Lonbarde Ensemble
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Who's Coming?! East Bay (or Bay Area) Ciat-Lonbarde Ensemble
Dirty_Bill
So,

Since there seem to be quite a few C-L instruments in the SF Bay rea, anybody up for a get together to see what four or more Plumbutters can do? and possibly explore the formation of a C-L Ensemble or Orchestra?

If there's interest, I'll start a post in the meets group. I wanted to pitch it here first because the core interest is to C-L owners (and maybe our Euro and Tocante users soon hihi )

The Holidays are upon us, so this would probably happen early next year, depending on interest..

Thoughts?
mrbloor
If you could put me up & cover my airfare I'd be up for this Bill thumbs up maybe I could get a free holiday whilst I'm at it.
kozepz
Boat
See you then, but it'll take a while!
RajaTheWigglinWanker
I'm here. (Next year would work better than right away for me too)
(Are there more than the 2 of us? I had no idea... I'm kinda distracted by digital world of max and supercollider, too... So maybe it'd be great if the meetup wouldn't be strictly about CL stuff... I'd love to see others do whatever: buchla makes their stuff in the Bay Area too(met Don at a show with me and his son, Ezra, last year.... Not that he liked my beats at all, haha :p), and davesmith instruments, and so many folks with modulars of all kinds... Getting to see new mobenthey stuff would be a thrill, too ...I'm rambling, but ya, I like seeing it all!)

But 4 plumbutters together would be cool, too, especially if someone had a mixer with aux sends so we could send a bit of our outputs to each other for the aux-ins on our pbs, too...(ha, I'm probably stating the obvious... But ya, all sounds fun...)

I'm open Rockin' Banana!
horaflora
hello, first post, but - I'm here, just got a PB1 in sept, also have a friend or two that play CL... open to a meeting, can host (I run a venue in west oakland, Life Changing Ministries).
horaflora
hello, first post, but - I'm here, just got a PB1 in sept, also have a friend or two that play CL... open to a meeting, can host (I run a venue in west oakland, Life Changing Ministries).
VauxFlores
If only I still lived in the bay - left back in 2011 for two years in Costa Rica and then ended up in Baltimore. I definitely whole-heartedly support the notion, though.

-t.
Dirty_Bill
scy1e wrote:

First Post and it's a double, that's auspicious! Welcome!

Thanks for the offer of a venue -let's let this thread percolate along and get a feel for what everybody wants, then we'll distill down an agenda and time. I'm happy to tally interest and organize - the North Bay contingent has expressed in interest in joining as well, so that'd be more sidrax and tetrax and 2 x coco and 2x PB2.

Maybe we could have a bake sale and with the proceeds fly MrBloor and Remco over! nanners

EDIT: And let me know if you want trade that V1 for a V2...
Dirty_Bill
RajaTheWigglinWanker wrote:
I'm here. (Next year would work better than right away for me too)
(Are there more than the 2 of us? I had no idea...

Yes, there are a few C-L owners here in the Bay Area - A while ago I posted this:

aethersprite
Nice photo Bill! I recognize that table hihi

I'm tremendously into the idea of a bay area CL ensemble/meetup. Let's make it happen!
wednesdayayay
I see a tet, coco1, pb2, shnth, maybe a coco2 and another coco2? Wowza Guinness ftw!
Dirty_Bill
wednesdayayay wrote:
I see a tet, coco1, pb2, shnth, maybe a coco2 and another coco2? Wowza Guinness ftw!

It's a Sid. All bases covered except for the CL earlier gear...I am lamenting the sale of my sidrazzi nowadays, since processing the Tet has proven to be very rewarding.

I think one of the great things about these meets would be swapping and combining patch techniques...

Probably have to make up a few more of these:

mrbloor
If you guys do end up getting together get Bill to bring the lunch, he knows what he's doing thumbs up
Dirty_Bill
mrbloor wrote:
If you guys do end up getting together get Bill to bring the lunch, he knows what he's doing thumbs up

Awww, that's nice to say, David. Let's just say my cooking skills are a bit more refined than my music hihi
wednesdayayay
ooh love to hear there are cooks onboard
what did you grow up cooking (if you did)
what do you love to make now
noisejockey
Burgeoning CL Bay Area here, just starting out with a Tetrax. If this happens it'd be amazing and very helpful for a newb. I'm in Marin but have office space in SF if a venue is needed on the weekend. :-)
Dirty_Bill
wednesdayayay wrote:
ooh love to hear there are cooks onboard
what did you grow up cooking (if you did)
what do you love to make now

Eggs - that was the first thing I learned to love to cook. Now I like quality, simple fare, grown, raised and prepared with love... American home style, Italian, pizza, grilled things... thumbs up
Dirty_Bill
noisejockey wrote:
Burgeoning CL Bay Area here, just starting out with a Tetrax. If this happens it'd be amazing and very helpful for a newb. I'm in Marin but have office space in SF if a venue is needed on the weekend. :-)

Welcome, and thanks for the offer. The Tetrax is a hoot! Lots of support around these parts and they'r pretty kind to newbies, since I'm technically one too! hmmm.....
Dirty_Bill
Have had a few PM's regarding this - targeting January/February, CUZ ITS CRAZZEE NOW...
Dirty_Bill
Well, it's after the holidays but still busy - and Muff's has been bouncing quite a bit, but Mike looks like he has it pretty stable after a lot of hard work...

Anyone here still interested in a get together?

I am thinking early March date for a get together... let's start batting around some times and dates. We also had a couple of venue offers as well.

Are most of us here also on FaceBook? I'll probably start an event there as well, but will also maintain a post in the Meets topic here.

Thanks!
noisejockey
Thanks for reviving this, Bill. Sounds great. I'm not on FB and will monitor this space for details, but that's just me.
RajaTheWigglinWanker
Hey this year is kicking my ass more than ever, but who knows...
So I'll also try to keep up on this thread since I use Facebook less than muffs(but if you want, you can find/invite me on Facebook too as 'Raja Resalien').
Orbless
I have a shnth and a couple of the eurorack modules to throw in the mix.
LCM is rad.
Guinness ftw!
aethersprite
Hey Bill, March sounds awesome for me. I'm splitting my time now between Colorado and California but I'll be around for much of March. I'll only have a Plumbutter with me though...
numan7
I'd be up for jamming in March!

I can bring a Tetrax and a Cocolase, as well as some MQ versions of CL instruments such as the CocoKeravos and Sidrassi Qin.

Rockin' Banana!

cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3