MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CV Wave select on Miniwave doesn't work
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author CV Wave select on Miniwave doesn't work
Ekofisk
I assume the wave select CV should have the same effect as the pot. This is not the case. The pot is (to my ears) working just fine, but the CV input does nothing.

Anyone know where I should start troubleshooting this?

All I have is my multimeter and limited DIY skill.
parasitk
The cv in has an attenuator on it. Have you turned that at all while feeding cv? Sorry if it sounds basic.
Ekofisk
Yeah, it doesn't really do anything.
rezzn8r
what type of wave are you feeding the wave select?
can you control the bank select with cv?
Ekofisk
The bank select works fine, and I assumed that a wave controlling the bank select would also be able to control the wave select. I have tried all sorts of waves, but none work.
rezzn8r
if you can change the bank, but not the wave, then it sounds like something is wrong.
do the wave leds cycle in response to the cv?
Ekofisk
No. The leds don't light up with cv. But when the pot is turned the leds change. (with the sound)
rezzn8r
perhaps it's just a bad jack. check the connections of the wave cv in jack, and where it connects to the pcb.
if those are ok, try emailing John at Blacet. excellent customer service.
Ekofisk
I've sort of checked, and it looks okay.

I'll give Blacet a call.

Thanks for all your help!
Exuviae
One thing I've noticed with the MW is that sometimes the Bank and or Wave CV ins don't respond if using something other than a straight Saw to drive the input.

For example - I've tried just about everything under the sun to drive the MW and most things with even a slight high edge will run it just fine, but certain signals don't allow the tables to be manipulated at the same time.

LFOs in upper range, but not quite audio seem to drive the MW to make noise, but then don't allow you to sweep the tables.

I've also noticed that the 5/10 switch for the input range can affect things, too.

.b
Yohda
Quote:
I've also noticed that the 5/10 switch for the input range can affect things, too.

Yes, it should disable the "zero crossing points" that remove clicking from the wavetable sweep.

I have a MW in Euro and I never had a problem to sweep the table, but you need a rising or falling waveform like a Saw, Tri or Sine; a pulse or square won't work because they can't sweep anything.

With an LFO you should be able to sweep the tables but at the LFO rate, so it may be only usefull as a modulator.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1