MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rob Hordijk Masterclass at Sines & Squares Festival vide
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Rob Hordijk Masterclass at Sines & Squares Festival vide
wednesdayayay
I started watching these videos because of another thread. I actually started on the second video as my interest was in his filter explanation.
I will have to just start from the beginning his explanation gives me hope for mimicking them in both the plumbutter and shnth. The subtraction of the two filter from each other are what I'm wondering about but with the PB2's mixer CV inputs maybe this could be achieved.

the rungler and the MWRS are distant juggle buddies it seems so I thought this may be interesting or pertinent to fellow enthusiasts. Also there seem to be a ton of other videos from that vimeo account that look worthwhile

pt1

pt2

Can't wait to try making a PB and or shnth twinpeaks filter patch It's peanut butter jelly time!
Modulus
"What is sound? Sound basically is vibrating air and that is because our universe is elastic. Everything in the universe is able to compress and expand, sometimes at very high rates"

hihi
andriesvds
let's keep this thread a ciat-lonbarde thread pls. tnx.
fluxmonkey
andriesvds wrote:
let's keep this thread a ciat-lonbarde thread pls. tnx.

http://sejayno.wordpress.com/2009/11/04/benjolin/

ciat-lonbarde is all about disparate connections, not constrained to box
kozepz
From a technical point of view I can understand Andries, from a philosophical view its the influence of the factories on the suburbs and vice versa.
(and thats proven as this topic has shown up here hihi )

Thanks for the link!
Dirty_Bill
wednesdayayay wrote:

Can't wait to try making a PB and or shnth twinpeaks filter patch It's peanut butter jelly time!

Any progress with the serial filter patch? I have been exploring the using the Coco sides in series but it just dawned on me I could do the same with Plumbi...
wednesdayayay
I've made a basic patch for the shnth but haven't uploaded it to the shnth just yet

My CQ&PB setup is not easily reachable right now as the my house is setup for a sewing sweatshop. My wife's community theatre is doing a madrigal dinner this year and these hands have been enslaved for some time now. That being said I'll try to carve out some PB time soon.
Dirty_Bill
wednesdayayay wrote:
I've made a basic patch for the shnth but haven't uploaded it to the shnth just yet

My CQ&PB setup is not easily reachable right now as the my house is setup for a sewing sweatshop. My wife's community theatre is doing a madrigal dinner this year and these hands have been enslaved for some time now. That being said I'll try to carve out some PB time soon.

Sounds like a different kind of fun! I'lol give the serial filters a go myself. Serially! Dead Banana
mrbloor
wednesdayayay wrote:

I know that feeling all too well thumbs up
wednesdayayay
does anyone know what composer he is talking about around 40 minutes (part 2) for the life of me I can't seem to translate what I'm' hearing into a useful google search

there is so much good info here
he explains in detail his oscillator, filter and the rungler gets talked about for a moment. Just hearing him talk about what he makes gives me ideas about how to use Ciat-lonbarde gear. It also gets me hot for the maths side of synthesis that I didn't think about much except when using Max.

the rungler explanation was neat as it really seems like you would just need a 3bit resistor network (I think) to make the MWRS act in a similar way
ear ear
wednesdayayay wrote:
does anyone know what composer he is talking about around 40 minutes (part 2) for the life of me I can't seem to translate what I'm' hearing into a useful google search.

I haven't been back to check, but the only composer I recall him talking about in that video was Jan Boerman. Rob is quite keen on him. Seem to be a couple of people asking after his collected works on here after hearing Rob's talk.
Ranxerox
wednesdayayay wrote:
does anyone know what composer he is talking about around 40 minutes (part 2) for the life of me I can't seem to translate what I'm' hearing into a useful google search

It's Jan Boerman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Boerman
mrbloor
I missed Robs talk as I was busy setting up for the gig. I had a really good talk with him in the morning over cigarettes & coffee. We spoke of Peter B, Baltimore rats the size of cats & driving old cars. He is such a nice bloke, the rungler is brilliant, I had a go on Richard Scotts blippoo on the Sunday afternoon.
wednesdayayay
this little subforum seems to be an ever unfolding present of people who are both super helpful and knowledgeable not even just about the instruments but the creators and influences. thank you guys
Dirty_Bill
Here's a thread on one of Boerman's Releases:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95347&start=0&postda ys=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
RajaTheWigglinWanker
wednesdayayay wrote:
this little subforum seems to be an ever unfolding present of people who are both super helpful and knowledgeable not even just about the instruments but the creators and influences. thank you guys

word. +1, thanks! thumbs up
diasporos
I wonder if the Sprott is related to these filter concepts.
horaflora
Anybody have any luck realizing either of these concepts (shift register as chaotic cv generator or the dual low pass filters application)? I've been experimenting with a horndog and my PB1,trying to achieve a benjolin-like function out of it, but am stymied perhaps by lack of attenuation possibilities (have a matrix mixer that should do the job, but it's 1/4" and i have yet to make enough adaptor cables..).

I will say though, that last night, i was playing with having the AVdogs x-modulate each other, and, though i'm not sure how i achieved it, did get some sounds that seemed pretty closely related to some achieved in above video... i think it may have had to do with having both verso and inverso's of each dog plugged into stuff (sorry, pretty messy patch, i plan to record and upload tonight, then will see about deconstructing what isn't necessary and will then post resultant patch)
horaflora
One weird thing i noticed was that, once it got going, it was panning like crazy (hypnotically, i'll add!), but when i turned off the left avdog, the right one continued to pan all crazy, the opposite was not true though, the left was just on the left... and distinctlymellower when soloed..

Weird?
horaflora
So, not so sure this has anything to do with the filter concepts Rob discusses, I'm very new to synthesis, so am just going by 'it sounds similar'... this is just the AVdogs Xmodulating with some rollzing here and there, mainly in the Verso and Inverso inputs of both...

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/189480516" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1