MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

the threeler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author the threeler
consumed
i just put this together.
all that remains is to wire the panel, which isnt too bad because four of the pots are board mounted.
its the ian fritz threeler (3rd order filter) behind another one of bridechamber's excellent panels.

eyehue
looks real purdy!

i really wanna try out some of Ian's designs, i keep hearing great things about them.

/me adds this to list of ideas for MOTM style modular in his head (most of them due to Bridechamber's panels).
Kent
Do you guys know if Bridechamber does Frac and/or Euro panels as well? I check their site and it is hard to be certain.
eyehue
"All modules are MOTM format, with DotCom on the way for some."
futuresoundsystems
Kent wrote:
Do you guys know if Bridechamber does Frac and/or Euro panels as well? I check their site and it is hard to be certain.

Nope, Scott only produces MOTM panels I'm afraid.
Kent
Well, that's that then... thanks, amigos.
Kwote
hey hey hey!! hold up folks. Scott just sent an email to the modular panels list inquiring if we would like some frac panels,

so hurry up and coerce him! not on the list. join now so you can harass the poor man to follow through on his frac panel offer.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ModularSynthPanels/
cebec
Good book, too! 8)
krisp14u
Kwote wrote:
hey hey hey!! hold up folks. Scott just sent an email to the modular panels list inquiring if we would like some frac panels,

so hurry up and coerce him! not on the list. join now so you can harass the poor man to follow through on his frac panel offer.

Scott may not be on the list but he has spies everywhere eek!

If Scott says he will do something then usually it happens even the dot com panels are coming w00t
Kwote
YAY! i have so many reasons to be excited these days!!

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Kent
Kwote wrote:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ModularSynthPanels/

Funny that... I post my shizzle and then received the Synth Panel notification less than 24 hours later. I replied on the thread and directly that "Frac ain't Wack".
scozbor
I know nothing about the module but great book! Drugs
davebr
I'm in the process of building my Threeler. I've started a Threeler page on my web site. I'm debating about whether to do my own front panel or go with the Bridechamber. I did this design that I like using two colors.

I also have another panel design with two FM inputs on my Threeler page.

Dave
marvkaye
davebr wrote:
I'm debating about whether to do my own front panel or go with the Bridechamber. I did this design that I like using two colors.

<<<snip>>>

Dave

Nice panels, Dave... I like them both! Does "do my own front panel" mean that you do the CNC engraving yourself, or that you use FPD to design them and then use FPE for processing? Either way, which font(s) are you using? They look like a single-stroke (as opposed to a TTF or other "dimensional" font, for lack of a better term). I like the nice crisp appearance.

<marv>
jumunius
davebr wrote:
I'm debating about whether to do my own front panel or go with the Bridechamber. I did this design that I like using two colors.

Nice, I like the blue details. Personally I'd probably go with the extra functionality of the added FM input / pot. All the extra info is nice, but my guess is in every day use all the info you'll care about is LLL/LLH/etc.

Then again, it's nice to have a little extra something in there to set this apart from every other filter you own. Just seeing the layouts made me covet the module --- added to my neverending list. So the extra details might make it call out to you a little more as you devise your next patch.

Either way you can't go wrong.
vegas7188
sorry a quick slightly off topic question, what are these knobs you are using called? and where do you buy them? typing "knobs" into internet search engines isn't all that useful!?
thanks!
jumunius
vegas7188 wrote:
sorry a quick slightly off topic question, what are these knobs you are using called? and where do you buy them? typing "knobs" into internet search engines isn't all that useful!?
thanks!

Dave's site has the details. Bridechamber also stocks various versions.
davebr
marvkaye wrote:
davebr wrote:

<<<snip>>>

Dave

Nice panels, Dave... I like them both! Does "do my own front panel" mean that you do the CNC engraving yourself, or that you use FPD to design them and then use FPE for processing? Either way, which font(s) are you using? They look like a single-stroke (as opposed to a TTF or other "dimensional" font, for lack of a better term). I like the nice crisp appearance.

<marv>

I wish. No, I don't have a CNC but sure would like to. I have a friend who has one but haven't made the venture. This would be a FPE so I have to justify the appearance over the cost of the Bridechamber panel. I do like the blue text but could always use another FM control. I have found that it is best to get the PCB built and temporarily wired up before I decide on a front panel design.

The fonts are FPE Din1451 1 stroke as that is the source of the panel design. I export the FPE panel to a .SVG which I can read with Illustrator and save as a PDF that I can open with Photoshop where I add the knobs, jacks, etc from saved templates. It's not the most efficient but it works.

Dave
Reese P. Dubin
THE WICKEDEST FILTER
davebr
davebr wrote:
I'm in the process of building my Threeler. I've started a Threeler page on my web site. I'm debating about whether to do my own front panel or go with the Bridechamber.

Dave

I chose to do the simpler of my FPE designs. I decided I like the additional FM input and control. Details and lots of scope images are on my Threeler page.

Dave
Shy
I already posted these examples on Ian's electro-music thread but I might as well post here too, since apparently people aren't aware of one of the greatest filters ever made. By the way, it's the only Threeler thread I could find and I'm not sure it's great to post this in, but I'm not comfortable starting a new thread when one exists, so if a moderator wants to move it to another thread, please feel free.

Confusion - a full track that shows how this filter can make not just analog modules sound excellent, but also how it can bring a new kind of awesomeness to a WaveStation plugin.

chord - 3 VCOs, one Threeler VCF, one reverb

funky-ish - simple sweet sound

acid-ish - power

techno sync - unlike most, it doesn't make sharp and crisp sounds any less sharp and crisp.
NV
Great demos Shy, thank you for posting them. It's great to see such a powerful yet very un-hyped filter get more attention.
roglok
Which rare/expensive parts does the Threeler use?

Bridechamber don't tell on their site. I skimmed through the electro-music post and found:
CA3280, OPA2134 and DG409... How many of these do you need? Are there any other special parts?
frozenkore
roglok wrote:
Which rare/expensive parts does the Threeler use?

Bridechamber don't tell on their site. I skimmed through the electro-music post and found:
CA3280, OPA2134 and DG409... How many of these do you need? Are there any other special parts?

I'm not sure if you're planning on going 12v or 15v, but is the page for the 15v version: here. There's a BOM there and a lot of good info.

Cheers,
Brian
brother303
Hi,

Threeler is awesome!

Built one some time ago and hell yes, it´s a dirty beast,very full and organic sound, it´s definately alive!

But it can also sound soft,warm and clean, if the input level is not turned up to 11 and resonance is kept low.

One of the best/most interesting sounding vcfs in my system, highly recommended!

Cheers
Greg
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5