MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The new Dynamic Destiny from Macro Machines!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Macro Machines Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author The new Dynamic Destiny from Macro Machines!
Waz
This patch is hands free. The phonogene recording is an ocarina riff on an ocarina I picked up at my local renaissance festival.

The Dynamic Destiny is 2 separate sequential switches. Here are the patch details for the video;

-In this patch I am using the left side as a 3 - 1 switch essentially expanding Brains/2x Pressure Points to a 24 step sequencer. I am using braids in "Drum Mode". These are the drums you hear.

-The right side is being used as a 1 - 4 switch (yes this sequential switch works both ways) to send Wogglebug random voltages to various parameters of the Phonogene.

Here are the things this thing can do with beta firmware; (a few more features to come!)
-2 x sequential switches
-Number of channels activated via sub menus (think doepfer a151's bottom switch, but so much more versatile)
-Clock divider (in the menu, haven't dove into this one)
-Works over the CV bus with other MM modules. Patches can be saved and recalled. This thing gets nuts with the storage strip (I don't have one yet)
-I'm probably missing something

More to come soon!

Waz
Should be released in the next couple weeks.
Waz
Bumping this because I posted it super late last night.
ignatius
thanks for the patch details. looks fun. storage strip! would like to see that paired with it. as usual, cool stuff.
bendedavis
The final version includes the following features:
- Dual 4:1 (bidirectional) switches using high quality Analog Devices ICs
- Independent clock and reset per channel
- Clock division settings per channel (/1,/2,/4,/8, or disable clock)
- Pattern selection per channel (all possible patterns below)
--------
--------
- Sequencing modes per channel (forward, reverse, pendulum, random)
- Compatible with Storage Strip for storage/recall of all routing and other parameters
- Can chain multiple units together with a single storage strip for immediate routing recall of large patches

Shipping this weekend to Detroit Modular, EquinoxOZ, and Perfect Circuit Audio.
bendedavis
Now available for purchase on our site:

http://macromachines.net/products/dynamic-destiny/
Entrainer
I tried to RTFM first, can't find one.

How do you set the switch to only scan two inputs (1 + 2) and ignore 3 + 4 if nothing is patched into those?

Is that possible?
ignatius
is there a manual for this somewhere?? setting up the patterns and clock divider modes is a guessing game w/o the manual.
bendedavis
ignatius wrote:
is there a manual for this somewhere?? setting up the patterns and clock divider modes is a guessing game w/o the manual.

We'll have the manual online soon. Here's how the special modes work:

You tap both buttons at the same time to cycle through the settings.

The first setting limits which steps that channel can sequence through.
The second setting is the clock divider (slower flashing LEDs). the settings are divide by 1, 2, 4 or 8 and no LEDs disables the clock.
The last setting (faster flashing) is the sequence mode (forward, reverse, pendulum, random).

Hope this helps until we get the manual posted.
ignatius
thanks! that's helpful.
bj_gzp
I had the same questions as entrainer and ignatius on the mode selections, thanks for the clear answer. thumbs up

Already an idea about the current draw? The digital modules coming out recently tend to suck up a lot of mA. I was surpised to see the Storage Strip only uses 24mA! applause So i'm optimistic for the Dynamic Density.

On the modes, when the clock is off, i suppose it will only switch by pushing the manual button? In that case the Clock In becomes useless. What would be great in this mode is to be able to scan the inputs by an external CV applied to the Clock In.
infradead
awesome stuff ben
Section956
bendedavis wrote:
We'll have the manual online soon.

Any update on the manual? I still don't see one.
stephentrask
Yes, please. Manual.
stephentrask
I got one of these. The manual is now posted, although it is a bit lacking.

What is not lacking is this module. It's spectacular with CV and Audio, performing flawlessly at any clock rate. I want another.
Axiom Crux
product page:
http://macromachines.net/products/dynamic-destiny/

manual:
http://macromachines.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DynamicDestinyManu al_V1.03.jpg

stephentrask:
if you have any ideas toward making the manual better I am open to hear them smile
ignatius
i love this switch. i use the shit out of it. good stuff! solid and full featured and there's two!
Daisuk
I was thinking about getting two A-151's to compliment my A-152, but this looks more interesting. Still not entirely sure I need it though, but damn, looks like a really nice switch module!
Sinamsis
I just snagged one of these and I have to say, it's pretty awesome. Clock division feature is great. Well done.
meinviggles
Just got one too and had to search here to find instructions. Consider posting the manual on the product page on the website, as was done for the storage strip. smile)
Daisuk
Anyone else have an issue with the faceplate of the Dynamic Destiny being a bit off? Or, should I say, the holes for the screws are off, so it effectively takes up 1hp more than it should in my case (although the gap is probably just a few milimeters). Just wondering if it's a normal thing, or if it's specifically my faceplate which is off. Will probably drop Macro Machines a mail, but just wanted to check with you guys if it's the same with your modules. smile
ignatius
Daisuk wrote:
Anyone else have an issue with the faceplate of the Dynamic Destiny being a bit off? Or, should I say, the holes for the screws are off, so it effectively takes up 1hp more than it should in my case (although the gap is probably just a few milimeters). Just wondering if it's a normal thing, or if it's specifically my faceplate which is off. Will probably drop Macro Machines a mail, but just wanted to check with you guys if it's the same with your modules. smile

yeah. depends on your case. it's off on doepfer cases and tiptop rails. this happens from time to time when manufactures don't test fit to multiple cases.

i think MM fixed this on the last run of the dynamic destiny.. and at one time i think they had faceplates available for anyone who had trouble fitting it in their case. so you should drop them a line about the revised faceplate. i just drilled the holes out on mine as i'm just impatient like that wink
Daisuk
ignatius wrote:
Daisuk wrote:

yeah. depends on your case. it's off on doepfer cases and tiptop rails. this happens from time to time when manufactures don't test fit to multiple cases.

i think MM fixed this on the last run of the dynamic destiny.. and at one time i think they had faceplates available for anyone who had trouble fitting it in their case. so you should drop them a line about the revised faceplate. i just drilled the holes out on mine as i'm just impatient like that wink

Ah, cool, thanks for the info! Will drop them a mail. smile
Axiom Crux
Basically what I did was had a friend use the CNC at our hacker space to mill out the screw holes a bit, and I did some manually myself using a manual mill and dremel. It was all a learning process.. you realize how small the margin of error is on this stuff, it worked perfect in our case while we were developing and testing, we had a sliding nut case where we did the final faceplate unit tests.. derp confused//

My mistake.. for omnmod and the forthcoming products I've been making quadruply sure everything is good to go, and using a metal test plate vs a laser cut prototype is extremely helpful. The thickness and differences with the acrylic are just enough to potentially throw things off by a millimeter.. and a millimeter is all it takes

ignatius wrote:

jameswalk
Would love one of these, seem impossible to find new or used. Hoping when the onnimod eventually comes to market that suppliers will stock this again, I'd buy in a heart beat.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Macro Machines Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2