MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plague Bearer Bare Bones Kit.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Plague Bearer Bare Bones Kit.....
bluemeanie
cool .... i went to the shop while i was waiting..... i got a 5 pin molex type crimp thingy... guess this 'l work..

the IDC's make sense now.. thanks very much ....
bluemeanie
and i guess there's no reason why i cant go straight from the 4 pin connector on the board to the 16 pin connector on the doepfer bus..?
negativspace
For the future, or for those who have no desire to make such a cable, George Mattson sells them through his web store.
flight
bluemeanie wrote:
and i guess there's no reason why i cant go straight from the 4 pin connector on the board to the 16 pin connector on the doepfer bus..?
I'm not sure what you mean - that is what the power cable is for, right?

And, to help avoid confusion, "connector" is the name for the socket end that is attached to the wire, and "header" is the name for the group of pins on the PCB. That's the convention used by most of the interconnect manufacturers

@ negativspace I didn't know about those, thanks for the tip!
bluemeanie
haha now i'm not sure what you mean!....

seeing as the kit doesnt come with a power cable...

i was talking of making my own power cable... to go from 4pin on the board to 16 pin on the bus ......

rather than

10 pin on the board to 16 pin on the bus.....

now i'm really confused.......
flight
Ah, okay, then yes: it is perfectly fine to go from the 4-pin header to the 16-pin Doepfer bus. That is what I thought we were talking about anyway. smile

Don't bother trying to remove the 4-pin and install a 10-pin, it's a pain to do.
bluemeanie
awesome thanks

after some stuffing around with the extra pots.... here she is






pots are for the high and low cv Trampoline
felixer
modded mine with the following:
-attenuator pots for the cv inputs
-feedback pot from output->input. 50klog with 50k resistor plus a 100nF cap in series to cut down on low freq oscillations if gain is high.
-50K trimpot on output
-true bypass switch
just found out about the 'stability' option. unfortunatly my frontpanel is full now hmmm..... and i thought i had left plenty of space for extra's d'oh!
mckenic
Sorry - please ignore - I read the question again!
limpmeat


My version. Waiting on some red banana sockets and some more labelling to finish it off. Wish all DIY stuff was this easy smile
limpmeat
fixed
mckenic
SlayerBadger!

The Barer demands the spotlight!
whitewulfe
Bumping an old thread since it's kind of the same thing...

Will the bare bones kits still be available, or have they been phased out?
stromcat
whitewulfe wrote:
Will the bare bones kits still be available, or have they been phased out?


They're fully available - just received mine yesterday.
HeWhoWantsJeans
whitewulfe wrote:
Bumping an old thread since it's kind of the same thing...

Will the bare bones kits still be available, or have they been phased out?

I know they have plenty of PB kits in stock at Foxtone Music (http://www.foxtonemusic.com/).
FoxtoneMusic
BareBones versions will continue to be available for ALL Flight modules. There is some positive restructuring in regards to manufacturing/availability at the Flight headquarters over the next 60 days to make sure you guys (and gals) can get your solder covered hands on these anytime you want!
-eric
P.S. We have two PB BareBones rev4 (the newest version) left. It's looking like April until things are up to speed with Flight. Good things to come!
whitewulfe
FoxtoneMusic wrote:
BareBones versions will continue to be available for ALL Flight modules. There is some positive restructuring in regards to manufacturing/availability at the Flight headquarters over the next 60 days to make sure you guys (and gals) can get your solder covered hands on these anytime you want!
-eric
P.S. We have two PB BareBones rev4 (the newest version) left. It's looking like April until things are up to speed with Flight. Good things to come!


Great to hear! Is it possible to get them with 1/4" jacks as well, or would one have to go direct for such? As well, do you guys ship to Canada?
FoxtoneMusic
They only come with the 3.5mm (1/8") jacks. You would have to hunt down 1/4" jacks on your own, but shouldn't be too hard to find.
Hell yeah we ship to our neighbor just to the north!
papercutnoise
Is the old Bare Bones manual for the r3.3 version gone?? It had the drilling templates for the faceplates. Finally getting around to ordering some and want to send the measurements. The new manual for the r3.3 doesn't seem to have any measurements in it.
runblip
has anyone done their own panel and put in this nifty switch that comes with the kit?...i have a blank panel here i want to drill today....unsure of how to proceed to get that switch on their neatly.
FoxtoneMusic
papercutnoise,
you should hit up Kevin at flight@flightofharmony.com . If anyone would know the answers...it would be him.
Soy Sos

Here's my hackey double Plague mod. Looks crummy, but I love it that way!
Crappy double attenuator/distributor next to it is handy as well.
papercutnoise
FoxtoneMusic wrote:
papercutnoise,
you should hit up Kevin at flight@flightofharmony.com . If anyone would know the answers...it would be him.


Sorted, thanks!
papercutnoise
Soy Sos wrote:

Here's my hackey double Plague mod. Looks crummy, but I love it that way!
Crappy double attenuator/distributor next to it is handy as well.


Ooh that looks nice! I take it you left out the mults? Was gonna look at getting 2 8hp faceplates made up for my 2 PB Barebones kits, but i'd also kinda like to put 2 together in a 12 hp panel if possible. It would mean leaving out some/all of the mults though.

Would be cool to have the output of the first PB normalled to the input of the second, and I'd like to have mults on the outputs and inputs for feedback loops but not sure if I'd have enough room. Hmmmm
Soy Sos
12 hp is the minimum and it's tight. Yup, left off the mults for space reasons and it's racked next to the 138m matrix mixer and homemade attenuator/1-2 splitter, feedback loops are an option for sure. I thought about normaling out 1 to in 2 but I was in such a rush to get it going I didn't do it. My DIY shit can be very crude.
It's funny how folks on this forum are so good at their builds and it looks so super pro. My stuff looks so funky but it's fun and I like it anyway.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 4 of 5
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group