MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

kaitlyn aurelia smith
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author kaitlyn aurelia smith
trickness
Ears is really great all the way through, especially on vinyl.
TheNavigator
trickness wrote:

Oh damn...
I may need to look into the vinyl. I really dig this album. It's been on repeat in my car for a few days now.
dan_k
trickness wrote:

Glad to hear! awaiting its arrival.
resonaut
Caught her live in The Hague a few days ago. She also did a small Buchla masterclass/Q&A which was nice, went through all the components of her live show as well as the ay she uses the Easel live.
dc_Sux
dan_k wrote:
trickness wrote:

Glad to hear! awaiting its arrival.

+1
hamildad
Loving this album,

a really well balanced mix of all the elements.
dumaisaudio
Saw the article on Pitchfork last month and was surprised to see them feature someone playing the Buchla of all things. Then that FACT video with the Make Noise track sealed the deal, so I ordered the new album. I've listened to it twice now, and it's definitely something I'll be coming back to. Feels like equal parts Philip Glass and Subotnick.
sleepmcevox
There is a nice interview / profile of her up on the Madrona Labs website too. http://madronalabs.com/
Badwhite
Good looking out- this stuff is killer! Thanks~ smile
tmcnvs
"existence in the unfurling" is amazing!
travx259r
She's got a nice bandcamp!

https://kaitlynaureliasmith.bandcamp.com/
sleepmcevox
Resident Advisor breaking through profile too:
https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2693

w00t
dumaisaudio
sleepmcevox wrote:
Resident Advisor breaking through profile too:
https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2693
w00t

There's also a free 4 song sampler download with the feature too.
stwerewolf
sounds like she's got a collaborative record with Suzanne Ciani coming out on RVNG Intl in the summer <3
Doublecoolbossman
She is awesome! Found that YouTube video of her the other day and checked out her albums. nanners
boboter
Bought 'Ears' on vinyl today and just can't stop listening. Madly in love with this album. Such inspiring work.
Orbless
seriously, i just don't get it Am I one of the few who finds her extremely boring? I have seen her live as well. I don't think arpeggios are that fun i guess.
glia
@orbless I appreciate the recordings because her style is so different from my approach to synthesis

and the engineering is on point

something to learn from imo
matyas
Just finished listening to _Ears_ on vinyl. What a fantastic album! And her approach to synthesis is so musical and organic. I especially loved the integration of the woodwinds into the synth textures.
kragg
Very nice music indeed.
I bought two albums, and i'm listening to them quite a lot.
gruvsyco
Looking forward to her upcoming release with Suzanne Ciani SlayerBadger!
Colinmalloycram
Yeah, she is great. I know her background is in classical music, which, I think, is part of the reason that she sounds so different from a lot of electronic music.
shreeswifty
i just got a copy of EARS on vinyl and i liken it to an old Phillip Glass vibe but with more ornamentation. It's a real interesting record and sounds lush, warm and stunning. I think it's really nice to see someone release a "synth" record that does not ape dance/IDM/glitch of dubstep styles and is moving towards a much more minimal classical a la Glass/Reich/Riley. In the age of vinyl releases that are all double LPs i could have certainly listened to another 20+ minutes of KAS.
rec.Koner
Just have found out about.

Very nice, it's rare to encounter beautiful* passages on buchla, ans shot/recorded in quality.

*subjectively, of course
analogdrummer
Saw her in LA at Hollywood Forever. Her live show was fantastic - highly recommended.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 2 of 5