MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rollzer available for purchase
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Rollzer available for purchase
wednesdayayay
http://ciat-lonbarde.net/rolzer/index.html

Just making my PB site rounds and saw something very interesting on the main ciat-lonbarde page

This rollzer is even more stuffed
at 1100'ish bucks it isn't cheap but I can imagine It would be a blast
I love the sound of the plumbutters rollz connected together in various ways

just about ready to purchase a video synth but this may be coming may way in the next year or so

what do you guys think about this new module and it's transition from tocante to ciat-lonbarde

" In fact, the rolzer by Ciat-Lonbarde now has more rolls than the prototype had, a total of 35, with 168 nodes!"
Donderdag
SlayerBadger! rock and rollz...
Donderdag
wednesdayayay wrote:

I love the sound of the plumbutters rollz connected together in various ways

Wait, so the rollz make noise? I was under the impression that they were for triggering the other PB modules... hmmm..... Looks like I need to read the PB page again d'oh!
wednesdayayay
try putting any rollz into the ultrasound's green

or try (with an 1/8 to L&R banana jack adapter) inserting a rollz into the aux input of the gongs a very different effect from triggering them through the green input

now if you connect several of the rollz together in a woven manner

for instance
3 roll
1 2 3(orange)
A C D

4 roll
1 2 3 4(orange)
B A D E

3 roll
1 2 3(orange)
C B F

all the numbers represent the rollz' nodes
the last nodes represent the orange nodes
The letters represent banana cables

E&F represent what I would potentially use for the audio outputs
the brown nodes work perfectly fine as audio outputs as well it just depends on what you are after

now playing with the tempo knobs change things drastically

you can get everything for simple to complex rhythms or all the way up to audio rate oscillations

something very fun to do is get a casio sk1 and sample this audio rate oscillation from the rollz
but honestly to me the casio is the perfect companion for the PB & CQ so I would recommend it anyway
wavecircle
Man, that looks great. Coco is back in stock too!
wednesdayayay
I'm so happy to see it wasn't updated
as I didn't want to have to get another one thumbs up
chorus7
wednesdayayay
Quote:
I'm so happy to see it wasn't updated
as I didn't want to have to get another one

Yeah that was my worry as well!

Rollz looks amazing!
wednesdayayay
it would be a lot of fun to strip all kinds of banana jacks and use this as a touchable OSC/clock/CV source
pugix
Wow, that is a lot of Rollz! I'm building a Meng Qi Rollz-5. I prototyped the Rollz circuits to see how they behave and found that the 3 and 5-Rollz only oscillate ultrasonic (100 Khz), no matter what capacitor is used. In P.B. the 3-Rollz obviously do work LFO (and are voltage-controlled). I'm ready to decide to use only 2-Rollz (with 2 exposed sandrodes), since these will all oscillate reliably and I want to limit the number of jacks on my panel. Am I missing something about the odd-Rollz?
wednesdayayay

or using regular banana cables in a nest of touchable crocodile penis' that one could wear in their pants or as a crown lol
kozepz
Om Om Om
ultrasound is gonna get a workout w00t
wavecircle
I wish there was a plumbutter with a double centre section. MWRS and Deerhorn are fine but I always want more gongs, ultrasounds and avdogs.
windspirit
plus you can use it as a cutting board hihi
asteroid anxiety
Well, this is rather tempting
wednesdayayay
I wonder if rollzer will be the only plumbutter expander

a double plumbutter and rollzer setup would be pretty wild
Ginko
it looks beautiful!! Which video synth are you thinking of Wednesdayayay? I'm guessing the Visual Cortex or the 3trinsRGB-1c?
wednesdayayay
the visual cortex is what we're thinking
windspirit
Argh it's just kind of, you know, expensive. If I had $1000 to drop right now I would rather do it on the whole Mobenthey line. Still this looks like quite a capable instrument I am interested in hearing what people do with it.
glia
interesting layout
AlBalwin
As I sit here getting acquainted with my PB2 this appears.
Wow!
This is seriously tempting.
Want audio clips!!!!
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
Muff Wiggler
I sure hope this stays available long enough for me to raise the cash at this tight time of year. Looks amazing, hard to imagine the Plumbutter getting even deeper. So cool.

Amazing surprises as always from Peter. The man is some kind of wizard. Love it.
CJ Miller
pugix wrote:
Wow, that is a lot of Rollz! I'm building a Meng Qi Rollz-5. I prototyped the Rollz circuits to see how they behave and found that the 3 and 5-Rollz only oscillate ultrasonic (100 Khz), no matter what capacitor is used. In P.B. the 3-Rollz obviously do work LFO (and are voltage-controlled). I'm ready to decide to use only 2-Rollz (with 2 exposed sandrodes), since these will all oscillate reliably and I want to limit the number of jacks on my panel. Am I missing something about the odd-Rollz?

I can't find a link now, Peter wrote IIRC on his blog that with this design the odd rollz are always super chaotic, they just run away.
sensanalog
Has anyone purchased a rollzer to accompany their plumbutter? I'm thinking of getting one. Anyone have any opinions or demos after having one? I'm thinking it work better next to a dual pb. Thoughts?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1